SiouxSports.com Forum

A logo, and protesters

The Sicatoka

Seems that one person's smut is another person's morning latte.

So a minority sect in the Christian faith has a problem with Starbuck's retro logo.

Some like it; some not. And it's a logo modernized from one from the 1970s. Where've I heard that before ...

I say let Starbuck's do what they want, free expression and all. I'll vote with my feet (and my feet and the rest of me needs coffee). They'll know how I feel.

But what's funny is Starbuck's is so naive that they believe ....

"We feel it's appropriate," said Baker, who added that more attention should be paid to the good deeds that Starbucks does around the world as a corporation.

Do they really think good deeds and works will save them when it comes to a logo?

Those won't matter to the zealots.

The parallels here are just eerie: Go Sioux.

The funny part is they already tamed the logo down from the original to make it more palatable to <ahem> non-Seattle </ahem> audiences. I remember being somewhat upset when they reintroduced the logo at how much they were selling out with the strategically repositioned hair concession.

Original Starbucks Logo <-- Do not click if offended by hand-drawn, anatomically correct mermaids

I find it silly that some people would find the logo to be offensive. I drink Starbucks everyday and I have yet to be offended by the picture on the cups. I think some people are just too thin skinned or have way too much time on their hands.

I find it silly that some people would find the logo to be offensive. I drink Starbucks everyday and I have yet to be offended by the picture on the cups. I think some people are just too thin skinned or have way too much time on their hands.

I am not offended by the logo, however I am offended at the amount money the charge for a cup of coffee.

I'll bet a few of those protesters have never looked closely at their Bridge cards....

People will find the diagonal lines on the back of playing cards "symbolic" if they want to.
:)

The parallels here are just eerie...

My word choice would perhaps not be
eerie
, but rather
predictable

I don't like that. I need to find a reason why people should support me. I'll keep throwing stuff against the wall until something sticks.

...won't matter to the zealots. ...

You better believe it. Keep trying until you win, them move on to the next outrage du jour.

I am not offended by the logo, however I am offended at the amount money the charge for a cup of coffee.

Starbucks=5 bucks. I love their coffee though, If I don't drink it I get a head ache. I must be addicted.

Venti dark roast, 2 shots of espresso and a little bit of ice.

I agree I do not like the taste of Starbucks. I go to Caribou, it is much better, just as expensive but better coffee

I wouldn't say that that starbucks tastes like cigar ashes and I think that both coffee places are good.

For making your own coffee at home Caribou's probably taste a bit better, I like the beans a bit more.

Starbucks=5 bucks. I love their coffee though, If I don't drink it I get a head ache. I must be addicted.

Venti dark roast, 2 shots of espresso and a little bit of ice.

Just grind some beans and put it between your cheek and gums and save some cash!

Kona Coffe from the Kona Coffee Living History Farm is the best coffee I have ever had. I still order it on line.

I have to say to that New Orleans Chicory coffee quickly became something I HAVE to have whenever I visit. I think they put something in it to make it so addictive! :)

I actually like GOOD coffee, it is like a Great Cigar. I am not opposed to paying more for it.

I'm with you. Hit Starbucks every AM at 6. Venti with 1/2 & 1/2, but 2 extra shots? I'd be mowing eveyone's lawn in the neighborhood by 7 am with that much of a jolt!

I'm with you. Hit Starbucks every AM at 6. Venti with 1/2 & 1/2, but 2 extra shots? I'd be mowing eveyone's lawn in the neighborhood by 7 am with that much of a jolt!

I might have to try that for work tonight.

Kona Coffe from the Kona Coffee Living History Farm is the best coffee I have ever had. I still order it on line.

I have to say to that New Orleans Chicory coffee quickly became something I HAVE to have whenever I visit. I think they put something in it to make it so addictive! :)

Same choice for Mr. Siouxmama.

I could smell coffee all day.........but don't make me drink it. :D

No one has said the logos have anything in common. The discussion has to do with PC run amok.

Does Coppertone still use the picture of the little girl whose swimsuit bottom is partially tugged off by a puppy? If so, LOOK OUT!!!!

180px-Coppertone.jpg