SiouxSports.com Forum

future Frozen Four sites

siouxweet

Would any one know why that Chicago has never hosted one? the location would make sense with wis, notre dame, michigan and mich state all being close with good fan bases, makes more sense than Tampa? I've also heard that Philly is submitting a bid for 2013.

Would any one know why that Chicago has never hosted one? the location would make sense with wis, notre dame, michigan and mich state all being close with good fan bases, makes more sense than Tampa? I've also heard that Philly is submitting a bid for 2013.

It would be awesome to have one in Chi town!!

If none of the teams that you mentioned were there, how good would attendance really be? It always depends on the teams/fan bases that make it and it always will.

If none of the teams that you mentioned were there, how good would attendance really be? It always depends on the teams/fan bases that make it and it always will.

I don't know I saw a ton of Wisconsin fans in Denver. That being said I think chicago would be a great site. How many Alabama Huntsville fans will be in Tampa when they host it, 5?

Regardless of what teams made the tourney, a F4 in Chicago would have better attendance than a F4 in Tampa.

On a side note, does anyone know when they will select the 2010 and 2011 west and midwest regionals?? Would think it would be soon. They have selected the east and northeast ones already.

http://www.ncaa.com/icehockey-mens/default.aspx?id=9964

the ncaa wants to go away from on campus sites so my guess would be the resch center in wisconsin and maybe the omaha arena, but we'll see.

Regardless of what teams made the tourney, a F4 in Chicago would have better attendance than a F4 in Tampa.

I wasn't disagreeing with that. You would think that the NCAA would have learned its lesson from their trip to Anaheim back in the 1990's.

From the 5 Frozen Four's I have been to...Columbus was the worst to me, St. Louis is next, followed by Denver and then Milwaukee(2x). I thought Denver and Milwaukee were great, St. Louis so-so, and Columbus just poor. Columbus isn't/wasn't a hockey town and probably never will be.

Chicago would be a great choice. But what's holding it back? No bid? Pro Hockey/Basketball makes the scheduling a mess I would think, especially so close to play-off time. If Colorado would have been home to the Wild last weekend, what would the NHL have done? Wednesday-Sunday?

I think the point that your reply was geared towards indicates that with less people having to fork out cash for airfare, you are more likely to see a bigger draw. Especially when you figure in the lack of college hockey anywhere remotely near Tampa. I realize that almost every college now has club hockey programs (they generally do not draw more than friends and family at the games) but if you place the F4 smack-dab (technical term) in the middle of college hockey heartland, you will see fans from more than the teams that make the F4; especially since you must buy your tix so far in advance! Don't get me wrong I, I would love to go see a Sioux game and then hit the links or vice versa, but the NC$$ has screwed it up once again!

It's a pipe dream, but I'd love to see it at Madison Square Garden. That would be an interesting mix.

YES! Or the new Devils arena in downtown Newark. you wouldn't believe it unless you've been there, but that area is a sweet venue and has some great places to get tuned up! Should be a few years before they actually run it down again and lay claim to some sort of crime capital of the nation. :silly:

The only main problem is that you are once again in Hockey East country and that absolutely sucks!

By the way, Nashville would be pretty sweet too.

YES! Or the new Devils arena in downtown Newark. you wouldn't believe it unless you've been there, but that area is a sweet venue and has some great places to get tuned up! Should be a few years before they actually run it down again and lay claim to some sort of crime capital of the nation. :silly:

The only main problem is that you are once again in Hockey East country and that absolutely sucks!

By the way, Nashville would be pretty sweet too.

Nothing has a name as appealing as Madison Square Garden...so many legends from all different sports/interests have been in that building.

On a side note, does anyone know when they will select the 2010 and 2011 west and midwest regionals?? Would think it would be soon. They have selected the east and northeast ones already.

http://www.ncaa.com/icehockey-mens/default.aspx?id=9964

It will be a mistake if they go away from regional on host team's ice. Big Mistake. I am hoping UND gets one of those.