SiouxSports.com Forum

who are the espn announcers?

gfhockey

whose the color and the commentator?

hopefully its not huge bob mutli chin norton.

usually melrose, gary thorne and clemente. those guys are very good and know their hockey. thats all i would care about if i were watching on tv. just know the damn game!

whose the color and the commentator?

hopefully its not huge bob mutli chin norton.

my guess is it will be gary thorne doing the play by play and barry melrose on the color.....just a guess

edit....clemente is with versus now...he wouldn't be there with espn anymore

per the WCHA website:

Gary Thorne - play by play

Ray Ferraro - color

Clay Matvick - ice level

Bob Norton - intermission

YAY! A lot of worthless references to Chicken Parm! :lol:

There is nothing better than endless references to inside jokes among analysts and commentators that the audience is not a part of. Makes you "part of the crew."

Seriously, Ray Ferrero, maybe you should put the kabosh on that crap. Chicken Parm is a food and, unless you are willing to explain wtf they are talking about every time it is mentioned, you should drop the reference.

There is nothing better than endless references to inside jokes among analysts and commentators that the audience is not a part of. Makes you "part of the crew."

Seriously, Ray Ferrero, maybe you should put the kabosh on that crap. Chicken Parm is a food and, unless you are willing to explain wtf they are talking about every time it is mentioned, you should drop the reference.

i like clay matvick....but no barry melrose is BS!! i'm sure they only have norton so he can boost up the chowdah heads even more than espn will already be doing....

and if i have to hear another play by play guy say "(player) is going to the box to serve 2 minutes or less!" one more time i'm gonna just snap!! it was cute the first time.....every time though...get something new asshat

i like clay matvick....but no barry melrose is BS!! i'm sure they only have norton so he can boost up the chowdah heads even more than espn will already be doing....

and if i have to hear another play by play guy say "(player) is going to the box to serve 2 minutes or less!" one more time i'm gonna just snap!! it was cute the first time.....every time though...get something new asshat

I don't mind that. What I don't like is the term "Ripper." Seriously, a "ripper" is a really loud fart... or fragile backsided trousers on someone with a large backside.

It will be interesting with Matvick in there. No Gophers or other WCHA teams to talk about.... he may be favorable to UND.

Ferraro will more than likely go with the ESPN Party Line (Go BC/Michigan!). Thorne will be impartial (as well as an ESPN commentator can be), Norton will do everything but wear a BC jersey, Matvick will more than likely go "underdog" (Notre Dame/ UND).

My prediction on the bias. Expect to hear a TON of Gerbe, Porter, Kolarik, "Can BC make it 3 in a row over UND?" etc.

And don't take Norton too seriously. Take him like a hostile witness. It will make the stuff he says less difficult to take.

I agree. I am still holding out hope that they change it up but thats what was posted.

As long as it isn't Dan MOriarty and Jack Edwards, I'm fine.

They got us a championship (2000). It was great to listen to Moriarty eat his words in the third period! Only thing Jack Edwards screwed up was when he called us South Dakota. I can still hear Edwards say, "and that will end it" when Lee Goren stole the puck from a BC d-man and fired it into the empty net!

Gary Thorn is a great play by play guy so I am glad he is calling the game.

It's not Ferraro that does it, it is Buccigros (?) that calls him that, so I wouldn't worry about it.

They got us a championship (2000). It was great to listen to Moriarty eat his words in the third period! Only thing Jack Edwards screwed up was when he called us South Dakota. I can still hear Edwards say, "and that will end it" when Lee Goren stole the puck from a BC d-man and fired it into the empty net!

I thought it was Jack Edwards that did all the talking and Dan Moriarty who called us "South Dakota."

During intermissions, Moriarty couldn't get two words in on Jack.

And they didn't get us anything. They spent the entire time rooting for BC. Called a nice move by Farkas "The move of the playoffs" but failed to acknowledge that the move got him squat as Goehring made the save. They referred to Doug Flutie 1,000,000,000,000 times and generally made it seem like UND was nothing more than the Miami of the NCAA tournament that just got farther than they should have.

I have no respect for them.

As for "Chicken Parm," alright. Buccigross it is then. Still, it's stupid.

Gary Thorn is very good...I look forward to listening to him... I am just pumped that all the games will be in HD!!!

Will super mullet boy, Brian Engblom, be available? Wouldn't want to miss that horses azz.

I think he works for VS so wouldn't be available for an ESPN broadcast. I really wish Bill Clament would do the broadcast. He always seems pretty even minded (except for the man-crush he had on Greene during the semis against MN in 2005, but that was pretty funny)

Slightly off-topic, but will they be IN HD or just ON HD. Because last year, they were on the HD channel, but in 4:3.

Yeah, this is more realistic. People keep thinking it's on HD every year just because you can see the game on ESPN HD/ESPN2 HD. These games aren't being broadcast in HD as far as I can tell looking at the channel guide since in the description it isn't listed as HD.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Whenever I listen to Gary Thorne calling a UND game he seems to favor toward the UND side. He also loved Michagan State's goal last year. I believe Thorne at the beginning of his career did play-by-play for Maine hockey.