SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

Sitting around with buddies and I said "Fairchild gave that one away". Must be the walking and swimming back from the WJT. Folks, I can't see the gophers winning two in a row down there. Season over is looming in a big way for the dirty ones from the UMN-TC campus.

Looking at the pwr after tonight, there was not much movement. Notre Dame loss killed them trying to catch UMTC and Wisco.

Ferris State just became a tuc after that win, not good for us (see bracketology thread).

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad we could pull out the big win tonight. It's nice to actually score some goals. I had thought that Thul did a decent job in Duluth as well.

How did some of the other games finish up?

I think this is the first time that umtc was shut out in like 8 years. But maybe that happened at some point this season and I missed it.

Thul isn't the worst ref I've seen (he's actually better than pretty much all the rest of them combined) but there were several incredibly blatent muggings that didn't get called - especially muggings on Duncan, and there was a ton of after the whistle rough stuff instigated by Tech that didn't get called. really hoping that a few of these guys just started growing them this

I think the Thul is the best of the worst. :D That isn't saying much.

I know there was some talk at the beginning of this thread about why Radke did not play. The flu was thrown around. Isn't it more likely that they weren't sure that Genoway could go and wanted Marto in the lineup so he could switch back and play D if Genoway couldn't go. Marto then played forward instead. Seems likely to me but what do you all think?

Word I got before the game was that TJ wasn't for sure until after the warm-up. The hip pointer is just not getting better. He's playing in incredible pain. Genoway played with a cast on his left hand, which when one considers how valuable his stick handling is for this team, is a very good thing. If he were a right handed shot I don't think we would've seen Chay tonight. Genoway was a "go" since yesterday.

Comments on the game: wow, that was a pretty complete effort. I knew Tech would throw an aggressive forecheck on the Sioux, but I didn't think they'd send three deep! And when they backed off the forecheck they put up a picket fence at their own blue line that was brutal. As hard as Tech went after the Sioux in our own zone, I'm surprised it took them 24 minutes to get a shot, although a puck bounced off the post behind Lammoureux in the first which doesn't count.

Someone else already said it, but TJ

Here fixed your post and I agree.

Amen. Worst thing was having someone stand up and leave in the middle of a Sioux rush to our end of the ice. I have never left a game before the final horn. I actually wish I knew they were putting the Minn/Minn St. game on the jumbo tron tonight, I'd have stuck around to watch it.

NOBODY better leave early tomorrow, after we dispatch of Tech, we have to enjoy the stick salute and more importantly send off our seniors.

Amen. Worst thing was having someone stand up and leave in the middle of a Sioux rush to our end of the ice. I have never left a game before the final horn. I actually wish I knew they were putting the Minn/Minn St. game on the jumbo tron tonight, I'd have stuck around to watch it.

NOBODY better leave early tomorrow, after we dispatch of Tech, we have to enjoy the stick salute and more importantly send off our seniors.

No kidding it is so F'N rude when people do that. If you don't want to stay in the arena leave while the play is stopped don't get up and leave while we are trying to see the play as it happens.

Few random thoughts:

1) One of the best officiated games I've seen all year. That is what a college hockey game is suppose to look like.

2) Oshie at 70% is better than any MTU player at 100%--very gritty effort.

3) Duncan and Chorney looked very good. Going to need that to continue from your best players.

4) Marto, Miller and Marten were very solid as well.

5) Finley was a beast.

6) JPL-enough said.

7) Genoway is a difference maker--speed, skill and energy!!

One of the best overall team efforts in a few weeks. Very impressed overall.

This MeanEgirl person was right above me with her "Sioux play like Pioux" sign. That chick needs a new look!! She looked like a cross between Betty Ugly (minus the glasses) and Charlie Chaplin with that pathetic hat she had on!! Long trip for her to see 2 beat downs!!

thul is consistent. he did miss a couple of muggings, but less than usual. as goon stated, best of the worst :D but he is a solid official. genoway on the blueline COMPLETELY changes this team, awesome to see him back. one thing i didnt see mentioned, marto looked great up front. his speed made that fourth line a threat. i love what i saw last night. you can't gameplan for genoway and marto's speed. simply awesome. GO SIOUX!!!!! finish this tonight.

This MeanEgirl person was right above me with her "Sioux play like Pioux" sign. That chick needs a new look!! She looked like a cross between Betty Ugly (minus the glasses) and Charlie Chaplin with that pathetic hat she had on!! Long trip for her to see 2 beat downs!!

I'll be sure to let her know of your opinions tonight and she won't give a crap what you guys think. She likes the sioux she just is a die hard tech fan.

I'll be sure to let her know of your opinions tonight and she won't give a crap what you guys think. She likes the sioux she just is a die hard tech fan.

I've only seen pictures of her but I think she's cute. She looks like she would be a quirky and fun person :D

I noticed her too. Your appearance assessment is right on..... :D

This girl is a die hard hockey fan. I don't know her personally but I do admire what she's done for her hockey program. Coming on here just to insult people is WRONG!

I'm sure there are more people you can insult somewhere else when you're done with your GQ photo shoot.

This girl is a die hard hockey fan. I don't know her personally but I do admire what she's done for her hockey program. Coming on here just to insult people is WRONG!

I'm sure there are more people you can insult somewhere else when you're done with your GQ photo shoot.

Yeah I agree! She did A LOT to help out the MTU hockey program, so don't even think about saying anything against her!!

There was a blog from a Duluth (?) fan about her dedication to Tech hockey and hockey in general... I don't have the link anymore, but if anyone does you should post it :D

I know MEg personally, though not as well as Diggler knows her. I can tell you one thing: She's a 100% bona-fide good person. She LOVES her team much like Cubs fans love their team. Sure, they've sucked for forever (thought MTU has won it all more recently than the Cubs have) but she stands by her team 110%.

I really think it is unfair for some one to come on here and pass judgment on looks and who she roots for. Saddens me to see something like this.

By the way, MEg visits this site.

It is Running with the Dogs' blog: Woman Warrior

Added thought, I think Thul did a very good job last night, and I understand that some calls will always get missed in a game. I also want to give credit to Bergren and Freeman. There my two favorite linesman in the league, and did and excellent job last night in breaking stuff up quick, and there were a couple close offsides that I believe they got all right.

Hope Radke is in the lineup tonight to say goodbye.

Lighten up people! Just taking a playful shot at a fan of the opposing team. It is not like I spewed sewage that goes on over at USCHO. Don't know her and don't need to, but let me assure you the crack was made in jest. Apologies to her and some others who apparently have their panties in a bundle over this.