SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as Sheppard tried to make sure that UMN won that game (4 questionable calls in a row in the 1st, and then the too many men in OT), it's great to see the Mavs shove it right back in his face with that great SHG to win it. :D

From watching the game, and watching Shep and the AR explain the call to Jutting, my thoughts were that Shep wanted to be ANYWHERE else but trying to explain that call. I don't think he approved of it, to be honest. Just my opinion.

As much as Sheppard tried to make sure that UMN won that game (4 questionable calls in a row in the 1st, and then the too many men in OT), it's great to see the Mavs shove it right back in his face with that great SHG to win it. :D

I made the mistake on USCHO but...

Shep went along with the AR, who wanted to help the Gophers win the game.

I LOVED the ending though. The AR must have just shrugged in the lockerroom as a sort of "Well, I tried."

Look, I know this hurts my chances for Whiner of the Week, but it was too many men on the ice. However, the fact remains that it is a piss poor penalty to start calling when you haven't called any penalties for over 2 full periods (last penalty in the game came at the 15:34 mark of the 2nd period IIRC) and pass up on much more blatant and more potentially harmful infractions in between.

A simply atrocious standard being enforced by Daddy Shepherd and his "Good Ole Boy" officiating crew.

Expect a tight game to be called tomorrow.

If I were a Mav Booster, I'd offer to pay Jutting's fine just to hear Troy state what he really thinks about the officiating crew.

From watching the game, and watching Shep and the AR explain the call to Jutting, my thoughts were that Shep wanted to be ANYWHERE else but trying to explain that call. I don't think he approved of it, to be honest. Just my opinion.

You can say that again. :D

How in the heck did you post taht three times in a row and redwing got one inbetween?

I agree. His body launguage suggested he was frustrated with the AR.

Fairchild looked tired on that last goal - still feeling the effects of the WJT :D

Sitting around with buddies and I said "Fairchild gave that one away". Must be the walking and swimming back from the WJT. Folks, I can't see the gophers winning two in a row down there. Season over is looming in a big way for the dirty ones from the UMN-TC campus.

Sitting around with buddies and I said "Fairchild gave that one away". Must be the walking and swimming back from the WJT. Folks, I can't see the gophers winning two in a row down there. Season over is looming in a big way for the dirty ones from the UMN-TC campus.

I dunno.

I think UMN will win tomorrow. They looked the freshest at the end the of the game. I just think the Mavs will be tired tomorrow.

MSU in 3.

I dunno.

I think UMN will win tomorrow. They looked the freshest at the end the of the game. I just think the Mavs will be tired tomorrow.

MSU in 3.

i highly doubt either team will be fresh tomorrow. msu can put their biggest demon away and maybe finish their season

I dunno.

MSU in 3.

That's insane. You'd be amazed at how a win like that will energize a group of twenty kids...they'll be smellin' blood tomorrow

Just got back from a buddies place. A great UND win. If Oshie is hurt, I'd hate to see him healthy. Phenomenal job by the D.

As far as the MN game is concerned, after the first it sure looked like the refs were going to hand the game to the Goofs, but after that, I don't think they were one-sided. Terrible, yes, but not one-sided. There were lots of penalties they could have called on Minnesota as well as Mankato. I just think the Gophers adjusted quicker to the fact that the refs weren't going to call any penalties. UMN got away with a lot more than Mankato, but it wasn't all Gophers in the last two frames. The too many men penalty was terrible, but I think that speaks more to just how incompetent the Shepherd boys are, rather than them being biased, at least in this game.

On a side note, as a man who grew up playing basketball and has never even skated in his life, could you pull a Last Boy Scout and shoot members of the other team in OT and get away with it? Why even have rules in hockey if they're never enforced? I don't like the concept of the shootout in hockey(can you imagine a game of one-on-one deciding a basketball game), but if the refs allow every single malicious hit to go unpenalized, isn't it in the best interests of the players, many of whom have a lot of money at stake in the form of future NHL contracts?

Then they had better get their little purple a$$es home and into bed! They have another game to win tomorrow night. :D

They will win, we shouldn't even bother showing up, Kangas is the only guy who comes to play, can't even score a god damn goal in 100 minutes.

MSU in 2....

I am so pissed right now. :D;):angry:

Wow man, Im feeling a switch over in the making. Sioux to Gophers does not happen but maybe this just might happen with you? :D Seriously the building, 80% of the time, was energized as hell and loud as it should be. Fun time at the ralph this evening and cant wait for tomorrow. GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

Wow man, Im feeling a switch over in the making. Sioux to Gophers does not happen but maybe this just might happen with you? :D Seriously the building, 80% of the time, was energized as hell and loud as it should be. Fun time at the ralph this evening and cant wait for tomorrow. GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

No, I can't switch haha. I'm switching actually....over to the basketball team.

But seriously, how can you play 100 minutes of hockey and EFF IT UP when you're on the PP that was total bullcrap and just a gift that was trying to give us the game. It was ours to win and we left Kangas out to dry. I feel for the guy, he saves 45+ shots and gets left out to dry in overtime, then they all pile on him. God I'm pissed.

Just thank the lord that Hoffarber hit probably the greatest shot in college basketball history to beat Indiana.

No, I can't switch haha. I'm switching actually....over to the basketball team.

But seriously, how can you play 100 minutes of hockey and EFF IT UP when you're on the PP that was total bullcrap and just a gift that was trying to give us the game. It was ours to win and we left Kangas out to dry. I feel for the guy, he saves 45+ shots and gets left out to dry in overtime, then they all pile on him. God I'm pissed.

Just thank the lord that Hoffarber hit probably the greatest shot in college basketball history to beat Indiana.

From his a$$ again?

Was a really FUN game tonight. Glad to see the boys put a few up on the board. Real good crowd tonight too.

Thul isn't the worst ref I've seen (he's actually better than pretty much all the rest of them combined) but there were several incredibly blatent muggings that didn't get called - especially muggings on Duncan, and there was a ton of after the whistle rough stuff instigated by Tech that didn't get called. If this wasn't a playoff game this would have ended up to be another WWF match. The boys showed real good composure to just turn and skate away as they know they will live to skate another day and Tech will not. I also thought at least 2 of Jones' 3 penalties were pretty weak compared to the rest of the stuff that was going on.

Oshie played well, but he didn't seem to have the same spring in his step that he normally does and I don't remember any monster hits that he made like he usually does, however, I will take Oshie at 5% over pretty much anybody else at 100%. Also when Oshie and Genoway would skate to the bench after a shift they would have these grimices on their faces - they both looked like they are still hurting pretty good (I sat right behind the bench tonight so could see their faces very well.)

Speaking of being able to see their faces very well - there are some real sorry looking stashes going on. I'm really hoping that a few of these guys just started growing them this morning - cause there aint much there. :D