SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

Ouch, UMD is the first team out...looks like we have our work cut out for us against DUmb. Some help from Bucky would be appreciated! :silly:

I would much rather see the dogs than the goofs in the ncaas, at least i could root for you guys :D you take care of your business, and the cows will handle the goofs. sioux need to sweep and hopefully get everyone healthy for the dance.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would much rather see the dogs than the goofs in the ncaas, at least i could root for you guys :D you take care of your business, and the cows will handle the goofs. sioux need to sweep and hopefully get everyone healthy for the dance.

Me too...I just want my Dogs to make some people sit up and take notice (like they did last year as a single digit win 9 seed against St. Clown, taking them to 3 games, one in OT and one in 3 OT, and the year before beating Denver as the 9 seed). An NCAA tourney bid to help recruiting would be great as well!

Good luck against Tech. See you at the Final Five!

Went to the game last night and here's my thoughts (a little late):

1. Passing - Yeah, might need to work on that a bit.

2. Turnovers - Probably was because our passing stunk all night last night.

3. The Watkins goal was a thing of beauty.

4. We had two ties this weekend, but if I were SCSU, I'd take that as a sweep. If I were UND, I would take it as being swept. SCSU is good and all, but we missed so many chances it isn't even funny.

5. Our D as a whole had an up and down game. Overall, they played well defensively.

6. It was nice meeting Sioux-cia, Siouxmama, and Morley. It was not nice missing Goon, Sioux7, and LFSPro.

Not much to be happy about this weekend. We played well enough to survive but this type of stuff won't help us in the playoffs.

And Siouxfan/bufan- BU has won 9 of 10. UND has won 14, lost none, and tied the rest out of the last 16 (or 17) games. BU hasn't faced a team like UND yet this year. Though it is true that BU could possibly beat us, any team could beat any team in the NCAAs. I just don't see it happening...unless we continue to play like we did against SCSU.

Redwing 77 - I totally agree with you. It was noted by Stromer that BU may not be that good. My point is don

all over reacting. he obviously wasnt hurt if they let him try come back to the ice numerous times. He came back in the second for one shift and looked brutal, almost like he had an injury. Who has had the flu(stomach flu) where you basically had to hunch over due to the cramps or however to explain the flu-like symptoms?. I saw him sit on the bench over that shift, sat down and held his stomach/chest like he was going go blow chuncks. He walked down the hallway, and came back and watched the game for about 30 seconds by the glass and then walked back down the tunnel. Honestly I think he is fine. Listening to the post game report they said something about injury and illness effecting the team, SO OBVIOUSLY, this is oshies case. "For what I heard, Oshie will be out for awhile" what a joke. HAHA.

I hope you're right, but he definitely was holding a leg up the last shift he played. Maybe that was to help him take his mind off of his stomach.

ok this might be a lil off topic and looking too far ahead...but i know that you can buy single game final five tickets tomorrow....do we know what game the sioux will be in, saying that they take care of tech this weekend?

No. Depends if the Gophers get past Mankato and then if they win the play-in game. If so, the Gophs play Friday night and it would be against the Sioux (if CC and the Sioux get to the FF). If all the higher seeds win, the Sioux will play Friday afternoon and CC will get the nightcap.

No. Depends if the Gophers get past Mankato and then if they win the play-in game. If so, the Gophs play Friday night and it would be against the Sioux (if CC and the Sioux get to the FF). If all the higher seeds win, the Sioux will play Friday afternoon and CC will get the nightcap.

Are you assuming Duluth wins as well? Otherwise the Play in winner would play CC and the Sioux would get Denver, no matter what the Gophs did.

Ok, tonight was the first game I made it to this year. Took my 7 year old daughter to her first Sioux game.

I hope you taught her the appropriate use of "Anderson [the referee] sucks!" and "kill the ref!"

And kids are so cute when they do a "Hakstol."

I got to meet one of the Sioux coaches last night. He said Oshie's OK and a lot of the guys are or have been sick. He didn't get into too many details but he didn't seem very concerned.

Great news, thanks a bunch.

Considering that you have to really respect the team for the effort this week.

Thought last nights effort was one of the best of the season! Short bench, sickness to a few guys, ect... If Anderson keeps his whistle in his pocket like he did on the take down of Dunc in Friday's OT and does not call the Kozek penalty, that is more than likely a 2-1 win.

And if Martens is not the most improved player from game one this year, who is? He might not have the skill or speed of some on the team, but he is in the right place most of the time and doesn't make many mistakes.

Thought this weekend for the first time this year Miller was solid at both ends of the ice.

If we get healed up a little, we'll be alright. I thought the 3rd and 4th lines looked as good as they have all year this weekend.

Don't really like the fact we didn't win a game this weekend, but didn't think we played as poorly as some on this thread have posted.

And if Martens is not the most improved player from game one this year, who is?

I didn't get to watch very much of last night's game at all, but from what I've seen of Martens lately I agree. Said the same thing to someone else today.

Maybe Kozek is in the conversation, but for overall game, I think Martens.

6. It was nice meeting Sioux-cia, Siouxmama, and Morley. It was not nice missing Goon, Sioux7, and LFSPro.

Was up in the bar waiting for you but I realized I should have asked you what your were wearing because I would have looked really stupid asking everyone are you??? Then I didn't hear my phone. I will be back, if not call me and I will play some golf with you this summer.

If you can stand golfing with a duffer.

I got to meet one of the Sioux coaches last night. He said Oshie's OK and a lot of the guys are or have been sick. He didn't get into too many details but he didn't seem very concerned.

makes sense since it didn't look like Oshie was limping. I am hoping Chay is back this weekend. But if TH is joking with Oshie then it makes sense. TJ is a tough player and it would ake a lot to keep him out of the game especially at this time of the year.

I know that there were some guys sick and we've got others with injury (both in and out of the line up), but things didn't look all that great last night. We're really going to have to suck it up and some of the "un-sungs" are going to have to step up and balance some of the offense out down the stretch.

We are having a real hard time generating goals. There were lots of chances last night (and on Friday night as well), but we're really having a very hard time finishing these. Some of these chances were unbelievably blatent. We've been teasing the goof fans about how few goals the goof team has been scoring, but since the 2nd game of the Bemidji series we've had the same problem. The difference is our defense and JPL are solid, but we're going to need some goals to keep this run going.

I was very impressed with how Martins stepped up and played really well with Kozek and Duncs when TJ went out. He did not look out of place at all on that line and like others have said, he is probably the most improved player on the team right now. He's had a terrific second half. Zajac looked OK on that line when he was with them, but did not inspire near the confidence that Martins did. (Question - Hak said something in the post game last night about only having 3 centermen on the ice after TJ left - any of the guys left - Davidson, Forney - centermen?)

I have not been a vocal critic of LaPointe, but I haven't necessarily felt that he has showed anything beyond being a freshman. Not bad - just a freshman with some good potential. I have to say that after this weekend I am very encouraged that he is maybe moving beyond being a freshman. He had a pretty good night on Friday and a very solid night last night. Good time to start coming into your own.

We definately have the talent and heart to take the 8th, but we still have some work to do before we get to the dance. I guess it's a good thing to have some of these "blips" show up now instead of during the playoffs while we still have some time to work out the kinks.

:silly: Hum, Sioux-cia = Prp jersery...

Goon- I'll have you know that Sioux-cia knew who I was right when I walked up! :D As for golfing, HAH! I'll bet you a beer that you'll golf better than I will! :D

Other things of note:

1. Martens has improved a TON, but sorry, I have to give the Most Improved Player Award to Kozek this year. After last season, people were clamoring about how this kid could be regarded highly after two very underwhelming seasons at UND. This year he came to the rink and simply lit it up. On an individual game note, say what you will about Oshie, but Kozek threw the team on his back against DU in the greatest comeback game I've seen in quite some time.

2. LaPoint is laying out GARRET ROE. He did take the body quite a bit this weekend. I was impressed. I was also impressed with the pass he made to Watkins for Goal #2. I actually thought it was a shot on goal. Morley (whose eyesight is much better than mine) corrected me. Thanks to him.

Sioux-cia: Whatever happened to Hockeymom?