SiouxSports.com Forum

Finley and the Capitals

The Sicatoka

Finley isn't coming back next season. I think its pretty apparent.

Just a hunch.

its hard to say with these guys if they will be back or not next year. yes, 99.9% they wont be back but with the success they all had last year you think that they wouldnt want to come back this year! i for one wouldnt be surprised if a few players wanted to finish out their senior year but we all know that wont happen!

Finley isn't coming back next season. I think its pretty apparent.

Just a hunch.

3 years seems to be the norm for top d men for the sioux heading to the pros. greene, commdore, smaby ect....

he will be gone with a few others as we know

its hard to say with these guys if they will be back or not next year. yes, 99.9% they wont be back but with the success they all had last year you think that they wouldnt want to come back this year! i for one wouldnt be surprised if a few players wanted to finish out their senior year but we all know that wont happen!

Unfortunately wanting to and going to are at vastly oposite ends of the spectrum. I think that a lot of these guys really do want to come back, but it often really isn't in their best interests. I'm still amazed that TJ, Ryan, Taylor and Big Joe all came back this year. It would have been very easy for any of them to jump.

Unfortunately wanting to and going to are at vastly oposite ends of the spectrum. I think that a lot of these guys really do want to come back, but it often really isn't in their best interests. I'm still amazed that TJ, Ryan, Taylor and Big Joe all came back this year. It would have been very easy for any of them to jump.

for sure it would be very easy for them to jump to the NHL and i am surprised a few are still around but i am just saying that i wouldnt be surprised if they wanted to come back and play again, kind of like Matt Leinhart giving up millions of dollars just to play college football another year and to hang out with his pals.

exactly and what many fans have to realize is that when we talk about players going pro it doesnt mean they are nhl ready. there are only a handful of players every year that can leave college then be on a nhl roster the next season. ej, toews ect..... in hockey its all about development and thats what the ahl is for. i always see posts saying are you kidding me or no way hes nhl ready and they are right but there are steps needed to be taken before they get the chance to play in the nhl if thats the case

3 years seems to be the norm for top d men for the sioux heading to the pros. greene, commdore, smaby ect....

he will be gone with a few others as we know

With the current CBA rule about "opting-out" of your draft rights if you stay 4 years, it is in the NHL team's best interest to get drafted players with any potential signed after their Jr. year.

I wonder if Kozek is a flight risk after his great 2nd half.

With the current CBA rule about "opting-out" of your draft rights if you stay 4 years, it is in the NHL team's best interest to get drafted players with any potential signed after their Jr. year.

I wonder if Kozek is a flight risk after his great 2nd half.

yes he is and you are correct regarding the 4 years then signing a player can be risky

Absolutely not...if he is, i think landon snider is too. Has he even hit the 20pt mark? How often do you find a forward who has not put up good numbers, weak defensively, and not a great skater who is a flight risk? He is not going anywhere.

Absolutely not...if he is, i think landon snider is too. Has he even hit the 20pt mark? How often do you find a forward who has not put up good numbers, weak defensively, and not a great skater who is a flight risk? He is not going anywhere.

do i think he will stay? yes i do but that doesnt mean he isnt a flight risk. you never know these days with what nhl teams are thinking

before tj oshie left washington to play at warrord i was up in seatle playing in an inline tournement at the rink his dad owned. his dad's program and ours had become friends over the years and tim and i were talking about oshie's career. and he told me that it could end in a second but an education lasts forever. not saying oshie is going to stay but maybe he buys into that philosophy. maybe chorney and some of those guys think the same way

before tj oshie left washington to play at warrord i was up in seatle playing in an inline tournement at the rink his dad owned. his dad's program and ours had become friends over the years and tim and i were talking about oshie's career. and he told me that it could end in a second but an education lasts forever. not saying oshie is going to stay but maybe he buys into that philosophy. maybe chorney and some of those guys think the same way

Osh is going to be more gone at the end of the season than Brett is right now....whether we like it or not.

I think the story was good, but their cost of the RALPH was a bit light!

And the students standing in line to see the game in 11 degree temperatures - I'm sure they enjoyed the heat wave! :angry:

The article also shorted us one visit to the Frozen Four.