SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux women brawl with MSU

fightingsiouxfan57

If it was in the womens hockey thread there would be about 3 hits....one super fan and two parents. This shoudl not be called a brawl, but it is as close as you will get to a fight in womens hockey. No gloves were dropped. Perhaps it could be called Womens Hockey:That time of the month :blush:

I think you would be surprised how many people read the Women's Hockey thread. I realize it's not as fun and exciting as Men's Hockey, and there's not as much to talk about for it, but it is still a UND Fighting Sioux sport that deserves some respect.

If it was in the womens hockey thread there would be about 3 hits....one super fan and two parents. This shoudl not be called a brawl, but it is as close as you will get to a fight in womens hockey. No gloves were dropped. Perhaps it could be called Womens Hockey:That time of the month :blush:

It looked just like another good old Gopher Men's slappy fight. Once they get their end of season perms you won't be able to to tell the difference.

I don't know what the big deal is....every woman goes through it and everyone knows it, so it's not like he was poking fun at a select group of people with a disability. It was a lighthearted joke.

Because its a weapon of words used by men against women to "explain women's behavior" and its hurtful, disrespectful and immature.

Because its a weapon of words used by men against women to "explain women's behavior" and its hurtful, disrespectful and immature.

Well said!

I want to add 'That time of the month' is still used as a reason (unsaid but there) to prevent women in certain careers to be promoted. It demeans a woman's worth when 'That time of the month' is used as an excuse or reason for emotion, action or behavior from a woman by either a man or a woman. It's only a 'lighthearted joke' when it doesn't affect you, same as any racial 'joke' doesn't mean any harm.

Honestly, would you have said that same thing in a group of 3 guys and 2 women at a party, expecially without knowing those women well in the first place?

When you join an open forum like this one you have to accept that it's membership will include a cross section of society with different outlooks on life. Some members of this site will live out their adult lives in their parent's basement for a reason.

When you join an open forum like this one you have to accept that it's membership will include a cross section of society with different outlooks on life. Some members of this site will live out their adult lives in their parent's basement for a reason.

Sexism is ok on an anonymous forum?

When the men get into a 'brawl' we applaud them. They're sticking up for each other, the're not accepting cheap shots on themselves or their teammates, we accept the physical aspect of the men's program and cheer them on. And as for the women? It's 'That time of the month'. Gotcha..... ;)

Honestly, would you have said that same thing in a group of 3 guys and 2 women at a party, expecially without knowing those women well in the first place?

I'd say it in front of a couple women that I didn't know that well. It's not a secret that many women tend to get cranky. It was joke. Some of you guys need to loosen up.

My favorite part is when the Maverick goalie puts her mit on the Sioux player's facemask as the Sioux player is laying down on her back on the ice (near the end of the video). She does this for 1-2 seconds, then skates away. ;)

Maybe she wanted to see if the Sioux player would bite her like Derian Hatcher bit Zajac. :blush:

As for the insensitivity of the comment, I'm female and it made me ;)

Then again I've never been subjected to prejudice in the workplace because of my gender as some have mentioned . . . but I have been around a large group of women who were all at that time of the month and that is not a fun experience (especially when the group happens to be a competitive athletic team)