• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I thought our schedule was brutal, I saw UW's there first four series:

at bc/unh

at denver

minnesota at home

at und (although they are 4-0-1 in their last five here and it is in the first half of the season and we'll be minus a few studs-oshie, chorney, etc.)

Eaves also said that the NCAA might put a rule in that you have to be above .500 to make the tourmey and they they might change the way they schedule if they do that by scheduling a few more cupcakes to make sure they are above .500.

I'm not sure what Wisconsin was thinking when they made that schedule. They could easily be in the dumpster before they even know what hit them! Regarding a new rule about requiring above .500 records, my take is that if you are going to use the PWR, you should use the PWR. Wisconsin showed last year that they deserved to be in the tournament.

Switching back to the Sioux schedule -- along with the Icebreaker which we'll be at for sure next season, we were thinking of going to another Sioux road series instead of making the annual pilgrimage back to the Ralph. Any suggestions on which WCHA road series we'd have the best chance to get tickets? We've always made the trip before Christmas, but this year we were thinking we may want to wait until later ... after the team's warmed up. There's also the GLI, which is after Christmas, too -- so that's a distinct possibility.

Is it easy getting St. Cloud tickets (at St. Cloud)?

I'm not sure what Wisconsin was thinking when they made that schedule. They could easily be in the dumpster before they even know what hit them! Regarding a new rule about requiring above .500 records, my take is that if you are going to use the PWR, you should use the PWR. Wisconsin showed last year that they deserved to be in the tournament.

Switching back to the Sioux schedule -- along with the Icebreaker which we'll be at for sure next season, we were thinking of going to another Sioux road series instead of making the annual pilgrimage back to the Ralph. Any suggestions on which WCHA road series we'd have the best chance to get tickets? We've always made the trip before Christmas, but this year we were thinking we may want to wait until later ... after the team's warmed up. There's also the GLI, which is after Christmas, too -- so that's a distinct possibility.

it's pretty easy.

I was told the Mankato series was a blast and fun to go to.

A couple of my friends went and said it was a blast. Highly recommended.

• 3 weeks later...

BU released info about the Icebreaker to season ticket holders.

For those thinking about coming out, tickets are $57 for the general public. Don't know when they'll be available though.

BU released info about the Icebreaker to season ticket holders.

For those thinking about coming out, tickets are $57 for the general public. Don't know when they'll be available though.

hopefully it will be televised somehow. being most of us won't be able to make it.

I went to the SCSU ( I live in St. Cloud), Mankato and UMD series last year and enjoyed them all. Duluth is a nice city and the games this year will be before Thanksgiving . The Mankato series is in Oct. and that would be a good one too. I had friends from Los Angeles that come out each year and from now on they are coming to series that is earlier because you can never know with the weather. Last year I bought up 16 tickets for the SCSU series and will get extras again. Keep my name handy and if you're out then, send me a message. Go Sioux!

The Mankato series is in Oct. and that would be a good one too.

I would love to go to that one as well but I am going to be shooting Malards and Roosters out of the sky.

I was hoping that would be during the middle of the winter when nothing is going on.

Some friends of mine went last season and said it rocked. They also went to duluth and like the Mankato trip better.

I guess in Mankato the serve mixed drinks right there in the arena. Sweeeeettttt. :D

Not sure if anyone has posted this before but this is an amazing tournament to kick the year off in Boston. Boston University 2008-09 Men's Ice Hockey Schedule

Terriers to kick off season with IceBreaker at Agganis Arena

May 27, 2008

BOSTON - Highlighted by 20 games at Agganis Arena, including the IceBreaker Invitational, the 2008-09 schedule for the Boston University men's ice hockey team has been announced by head coach Jack Parker. Five of the six teams that have made an appearance in the Frozen Four during the last two seasons will visit Boston to take on the Terriers, including Michigan, Michigan State and North Dakota.

After a preseason exhibition against New Brunswick on Oct. 5, the Terriers will serve as host for the IceBreaker, the nation's premier season-opening tournament, on Oct. 10-11. BU and Massachusetts will each face North Dakota and Michigan State in the classic-style tournament, with the Terriers facing the Fighting Sioux on the first day before closing out with the Spartans the following night.

• 4 weeks later...

The new schedule is out on Schlossman's blog:

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=29623

And, I've got the whole season's results already. Guess what, UND wins it all!

Results Won / Lost / Tied 2008-2009 Schedule

Oct. 5 -- MANITOBA (exhibition)

0 1 0 L Oct. 10 -- at Boston University

1 1 0 W Oct. 11 -- at UMass (Ice Breaker)

1 2 0 L Oct. 17 -- at Mankato

2 2 0 W Oct. 18 -- at Mankato

2 3 0 L Oct. 31 -- WISCONSIN

3 3 0 W Nov. 1 -- WISCONSIN

3 4 0 L Nov. 7 -- at Colorado College

4 4 0 W Nov. 8 -- at Colorado College

5 4 0 W Nov. 14 -- ALASKA-ANCHORAGE

6 4 0 W Nov. 15 -- ALASKA-ANCHORAGE

7 4 0 W Nov. 21 -- at Duluth

7 4 1 T Nov. 22 -- at Duluth

8 4 1 W Nov. 28 -- CORNELL

9 4 1 W Nov. 29 -- CORNELL

10 4 1 W Dec. 5 -- at Harvard

11 4 1 W Dec. 6 -- at Harvard

12 4 1 W Dec. 12 -- ST. CLOUD STATE

12 5 1 L Dec. 13 -- ST. CLOUD STATE

12 5 1 Dec. 19 or 20 -- U.S. UNDER-18 TEAM

13 5 1 W Dec. 26-27 -- at Great Lakes Inv.

14 5 1 W Dec. 26-27 -- at Great Lakes Inv.

15 5 1 W Jan. 2 -- at Bemidji State

16 5 1 W Jan. 3 -- BEMIDJI STATE

17 5 1 W Jan. 9 -- MINNESOTA

17 6 1 L Jan. 10 -- MINNESOTA

18 6 1 W Jan. 16 -- at Michigan Tech

19 6 1 W Jan. 17 -- at Michigan Tech

20 6 1 W Jan. 23 -- DENVER

20 7 1 L Jan. 24 -- DENVER

21 7 1 W Jan. 30 -- at St. Cloud

22 7 1 W Jan. 31 -- at St. Cloud

23 7 1 W Feb. 13 -- MANKATO

24 7 1 W Feb. 14 -- MANKATO

24 8 1 L Feb. 20 -- at Anchorage

25 8 1 W Feb. 21 -- at Anchorage

26 8 1 W Feb. 27 -- COLORADO COLLEGE

26 9 1 L Feb. 28 -- COLORADO COLLEGE

27 9 1 W March 6 -- at Wisconsin

27 10 1 L March 7 -- at Wisconsin

28 10 1 W ?? - WCHA Tournament

29 10 1 W ?? - WCHA Tournament

30 10 1 W ?? - NCAA Regionals

31 10 1 W ?? - NCAA Regionals

32 10 1 W ?? - Frozen Four

33 10 1 W ?? - Frozen Four

33 10 1 Overall

18 9 1 WCHA Reg. Season

12 5 0 Home (All year)

21 5 1 Road (All year)

Also interesting to note that the Gopher series falls on the last weekend of winter break.... traditionally those tickets have not been included in student season tickets. Along that line, there also traditionally has not been a "student section" (while there are many students in their section) and therefore alcohol is permitting.... Could make for an interesting series