SiouxSports.com Forum

POI vs SS.com #5

bertibm

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bert is likley out for this game, so I'm going to be taking over as the point-person for Team POI. As Bert said, we had to change rinks because Breck's rink is closed on Easter Sunday, but we are now good to go at Fogerty Arena -- which is located right on Highway 10 and 65 in Blaine -- at 11 a.m. on Sunday, March 23. Click here to see the map.

Current Roster:

Phats

Phats' Brother

Revolutionz

Revolutionz' friend

brianvf

BigGreyAnt41

hrkac

aleah (goalie)

mksioux

stuckinfargo

Todd (ber818's husband)

Yttrium

Big Chief

Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer

Kateskate

That's 14 skaters and one goalie. Looks like we're set, as long as everybody shows up.

It's lookin' good!

I've loaned jerseys to Big Chief in the past for this event. I have 13-16 jerseys of various team colors that could be used if needed. Just let me know.

Current Roster:

Phats

Phats' Brother

Revolutionz

Revolutionz' friend

brianvf

BigGreyAnt41

hrkac

aleah (goalie)

mksioux

stuckinfargo

Todd (ber818's husband)

Yttrium

Big Chief

Kateskate

GF_siouxfan

We're up to 15 skaters now. Possibly 14 or 13 if Phats and his brother don't play.

I think i'd like to close it at this, unless we have any more people drop out before the game. We don't want too many skaters, that would mean not much ice time. We're at a good number right now so that we get ice time, plus we can stay fresh while on the ice.

If you're on the roster but can't make it, let me know ASAP so I can open up most roster spots.

Current Roster:

Phats

Phats' Brother

Revolutionz

Revolutionz' friend

brianvf

BigGreyAnt41

hrkac

aleah (goalie)

mksioux

stuckinfargo

Todd (ber818's husband)

Yttrium

Big Chief

Kateskate

GF_siouxfan

We're up to 15 skaters now. Possibly 14 or 13 if Phats and his brother don't play.

I think i'd like to close it at this, unless we have any more people drop out before the game. We don't want too many skaters, that would mean not much ice time. We're at a good number right now so that we get ice time, plus we can stay fresh while on the ice.

If you're on the roster but can't make it, let me know ASAP so I can open up most roster spots.

Phat's and his brother will be there.

Phat's and his brother will be there.

Excellent! Here's the roster as it stands now:

Current Roster:

Phats

Phats' Brother

Revolutionz

Revolutionz' friend

brianvf

BigGreyAnt41

hrkac

aleah (goalie)

mksioux

stuckinfargo

Todd (ber818's husband)

Yttrium

Big Chief

Kateskate

GF_siouxfan

15 Skaters. One goalie.

As I said before, if you're on the roster but can't make it, let me know ASAP so I can open up most roster spots.

I think 15 is more than enough to keep everybody's legs fresh and still get enough ice time to have fun playing and not sitting on the bench.

The cost will be $7 per skater (goalie plays free), with an extra coule bucks possible for a ref if Bert lines one up.

Just bringing this back up to remind those on the roster to let me know if they can't make it.

I'm still holding steady at keeping the roster at 15 skaters. No more.

I played last night and we had 10 on the team and that seemed like it was about as many as you'd want. We can manage 15 if we make sure to rotate lines pretty often. Keeping everybody fresh and keeping ice time even.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that my husband, Todd, is out. He got tripped playing pick up hockey in GF and fell into the boards. He separated his shoulder and will be in a sling for 4 weeks. But, he says he'll be back next year. Good Luck SS.com!

Just wanted to let everyone know that my husband, Todd, is out. He got tripped playing pick up hockey in GF and fell into the boards. He separated his shoulder and will be in a sling for 4 weeks. But, he says he'll be back next year. Good Luck SS.com!

:huh:

Speedy recovery!!

Help me out here... what is POI?

If it were not Easter Sunday, I would love to get in on this game! I did read about it last year, and knew this year would not work out, but hopefully next year I might be able to join.

I realize the Final Five is over Saturday night. But why won't it work out to play the game Friday or Saturday morning? The Friday/Saturday games don't start until 2pm. Just a thought, most people seem to want to get out of town either after the games Saturday or early Sunday (at least with my group).

If it were not Easter Sunday, I would love to get in on this game! I did read about it last year, and knew this year would not work out, but hopefully next year I might be able to join.

I realize the Final Five is over Saturday night. But why won't it work out to play the game Friday or Saturday morning? The Friday/Saturday games don't start until 2pm. Just a thought, most people seem to want to get out of town either after the games Saturday or early Sunday (at least with my group).

POI is the old Pride On Ice Goofer's sports' forum that went defunct a few years back.

Well, this is the 6th year of the game, and I guess it's just tradition for it to be played the Sunday after the tournament. This is going to be only my 2nd year playing, so one of the "old-timers" will have to speak to that.

Well, this is the 6th year of the game, and I guess it's just tradition for it to be played the Sunday after the tournament. This is going to be only my 2nd year playing, so one of the "old-timers" will have to speak to that.

I think it's played on Sunday since Friday and Saturday mornings would be pretty packed if you had to possibly get into town, play a game, and then get over to the X; would cut into bar time as well. It's always seemed to work best on Sundays, but if we wanted to mix it up next year, I'm not opposed.

Yttrium and I are decided we shouldn't play this year. Due to ongoing personal attacks from Sioux-cia, we felt it best to not be around her or any of her family members.

Sorry for the inconvenience, however, if someone would like to use my goalie gear, just PM me.

Umm...what?

we need one more guy right??

Current Roster:

Phats

Phats' Brother

Revolutionz

Revolutionz' friend

brianvf

BigGreyAnt41

hrkac

mksioux

Big Chief

Kateskate

GF_siouxfan

GF_siouxfan's friend

Well, it looks like we're way down now, and we're without a goalie.

Anybody know a goalie, SS.com member or not (but preferably a Sioux fan) or has anybody on the roster played goalie before? Aleah offered to allow us to use her pads.

Current Roster:

Phats

Phats' Brother

Revolutionz

Revolutionz' friend

brianvf

BigGreyAnt41

hrkac

mksioux

Big Chief

Kateskate

GF_siouxfan

GF_siouxfan's friend

Well, it looks like we're way down now, and we're without a goalie.

Anybody know a goalie, SS.com member or not (but preferably a Sioux fan) or has anybody on the roster played goalie before? Aleah offered to allow us to use her pads.

see if hak will let landon snider start for SS to get him some game minutes this season :angry: