SiouxSports.com Forum

POI vs SS.com #5

bertibm

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind. We may have to take you up on that offer, but let's hold out for more SS members. I trust your friend is a Sioux fan? :sad:

absolutely. He has been asking me about it ever since phats told him about it last year. I skate with him twice a week, so next time I see him, I will get him signed up, and we will put him on reserve :huh:

Current Roster:

Phats

Phats's Brother

Revolutionz

brianvf

BigGreyAnt36

hrkac

aleah (goalie)

mksioux

stuckinfargo

Todd (ber818's husband)

Yttrium

revolutionz' friend

Big Chief

Need Confirmation from:

Diggin42

That's 12 skaters plus a goalie, with more to possibly come as other people see this thread.

I think we're good to go to get the ice time.

I'd like to add my name to the POI vs. SS.com hockey challenge series. Haven't played in a few years but would like to display some quick hands, blistering wicked wrister, and slow feet. Usually a forward but probably can't keep up w/ the young guns anymore.

If you have enough players, I will serve as the Head Coach if needed.

I would like to skate without falling on my keester. Could you arrange that? :huh: Quick hands and wicked wrister can come later. :sad:

Practice your steel-eyed stare if you want to be the head coach. Try this: ;)

Haven't heard from diggin42, though. Since he's been the contact in past years I would assume he would like to play if he can fit it in the Easter Sunday schedule.

I just got back from Dallas, where it wasn't much warmer than here this past week. Glad to see you grab the reins for SS.com, BigGreyAnt41. I did this for a couple of years and failed rather miserably in getting players lined up for last year, so it's time for someone else to take over. Having the game the day after St. Patty's didn't bode well for SS.com last year. I'll finish my career as the SS.com "coach" with a respectable 1-1 record. As far as playing, well I did that too for a couple of years and being old, slow and largely unskilled didn't serve the team all that well.

I have e-mail addresses of some guys who played in the past who may be interested, but it looks like things are falling into place. Let me know if you want them.

I just got back from Dallas, where it wasn't much warmer than here this past week. Glad to see you grab the reins for SS.com, BigGreyAnt41. I did this for a couple of years and failed rather miserably in getting players lined up for last year, so it's time for someone else to take over. Having the game the day after St. Patty's didn't bode well for SS.com last year. I'll finish my career as the SS.com "coach" with a respectable 1-1 record. As far as playing, well I did that too for a couple of years and being old, slow and largely unskilled didn't serve the team all that well.

I have e-mail addresses of some guys who played in the past who may be interested, but it looks like things are falling into place. Let me know if you want them.

Hey, you did good. Takes a lot to get things going especially on line! I know that those that participated appreciated your efforts!!

We'd still love to have you play if you're interested. Let me know if you want me to add your name to the roster.

We'd still love to have you play if you're interested. Let me know if you want me to add your name to the roster.

I appreciate the offer, but will decline. I was stuck out of town for last year's game and may not be available again this year. More importantly, I simply don't bring enough to the table to keep up with the level of play. I actually tore some cartilage in my left rib cage in the last game I played in 3 years ago. I'd like to say it was because I took a bone-crushing hit from bertibm or sagard, but it was pretty much my own doing. Just an old guy whose feet and legs simply couldn't do what the brain was telling them to do resulting in an airborn, rib cage-collides-with-boards event. Nothing serious, but I'll leave this game to those better equipped. Thanks for the kind words, Sioux-cia. I enjoyed meeting you and your family a couple of years ago at VMIG. Phats found the back of the net that game, if I remember correctly.

The roster looks good so far. Two years ago, there were about 13 or 14 on the roster and everyone showed up. It allowed SS.com to develop some consistency in its play as the game went along. Before that, SS.com had up to 20 guys. It was fun, but not much ice time and there was little flow to SS.com's game. A number of players on both sides complained. Last year there were about 13-14 on the roster again, but I understand several never showed. St. Patty's Sunday curse, I guess. Too bad because there were some people who said they wanted to play but were turned away because we once again tried to keep the roster size manageable. I'm not so sure that's a good idea for a number of reasons. Limiting the roster worked well one year, but was a disaster the following year. Maybe those playing can chime in with their thoughts on how to approach it for this year.

Current Roster:

Phats

Phats' Brother

Revolutionz

Revolutionz' friend

brianvf

BigGreyAnt41

hrkac

aleah (goalie)

mksioux

stuckinfargo

Todd (ber818's husband)

Yttrium

Big Chief

Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer

There's the roster as it sits now. That's definitely enough to play, but would be nice to get a couple more. There are still a couple people that got PMs from me who I haven't heard back from.

We've still got seven weeks. I'm sure we can scrounge up a couple more players in that time.

Current Roster:

Phats

Phats' Brother

Revolutionz

Revolutionz' friend

brianvf

BigGreyAnt41

hrkac

aleah (goalie)

mksioux

stuckinfargo

Todd (ber818's husband)

Yttrium

Big Chief

Fire Chartreuse Musky Killer

Kateskate

That's 14 skaters and one goalie. Looks like we're set, as long as everybody shows up.

It's lookin' good!