SiouxSports.com Forum

Organic and non-GMO

GeauxSioux

A new thread to get this out of the Where to eat in GF thread.

Another big myth shoved down the throats of the American public is the "benefits" of organic foods.  

A study done by Stanford Medicine in the fall of 2012 revealed little to no benefit in organic vs non organic are far as nutritional value goes .

I don't think organic is being shoved down anyone's throat.  An option is being provided that wasn't there before or was very limited.  As far as nutritional value is concerned, you are right.  There is very little additional nutritional value with organic or non-GMO.  Most people go for organic for limited pesticides and toxins.

You found something to support your side off the web, big deal.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/05/20/glyphosate-roundup-levels.aspx

You can believe what you want, just like me. All I know is I avoid GMO for me and my family. Usually when you have a study that shows GMO's are not harmful you can follow the money, in what I have read anyway.

Couldn't have said it any better.

As I stated earlier, there are a bunch of autistic kids that conventional medicine didn't know what to do with that have been going to the alternative practioner that I go to in Johnson City.  All of them show dramatic improvement in three months if they are strict in only eating non GMO food and taking probiotics and certain brain and gut supplements.  Their behavior change is dramatically improved.  That clinic is the go to place for people that conventional medicine makes worse with treatments or simply doesn't have a clue.  Even Alzheimers patients are helped.

Most adults there have major problems with gluten too, as GMOS cause problems with the gut like Crohns, colitis, and leaky gut syndrome.  The rise of gluten intolerant people also correlates with GMOs.  Gluten intolerance used to be rare, but now it's widespread.

are you going to tell us about how jet fuel can't melt steel beams next? Or were you going to blaim more economic events on Jewish holidays?

are you going to tell us about how jet fuel can't melt steel beams next? Or were you going to blaim more economic events on Jewish holidays?

I have never talked about the World Trade Center disaster.  The Bible sets its own calendar that even Christians should be aware of because the Lord spoke of signs with the moon, sun, and stars corresponding to feast days that he ordained .  The Four Blood Moons on Biblical feast days this year and the Eclipse around Rosh Hashannah are signs of great importance, especially considering this is a Shemitah year and next year is a Biblical Jubilee year.  The Lord appointed this coming month as significant long ago.  I am nearly out of the stock market and into precious metals until this season passes.  If you have a spiritual ear, you will hear.

GMOS are perfect food if you desire gut diseases, as they are diasters and a curse on the American people.

• Upvote 2

I try to eat healthy the majority of the time, but it seems that there are always opposing views on what is good and bad for you.  And it isn't always food that the "experts" conflict.  Better not use cell phones, lest you die of cancer.   If you followed the hysteria, you might not ever want to go out of the house, or eat anything you don't produce yourself.  Coffee, eggs, wine, beer -- all bad for you.   No, now they are good for you.  Personally, I am not going to force myself to have a Todd Marinovich diet, because frankly he turned out to be a mess.  Everything in moderation. 

I try to eat healthy the majority of the time, but it seems that there are always opposing views on what is good and bad for you.  And it isn't always food that the "experts" conflict.  Better not use cell phones, lest you die of cancer.   If you followed the hysteria, you might not ever want to go out of the house, or eat anything you don't produce yourself.  Coffee, eggs, wine, beer -- all bad for you.   No, now they are good for you.  Personally, I am not going to force myself to have a Todd Marinovich diet, because frankly he turned out to be a mess.  Everything in moderation. 

A new study found that we're all going to die some day.  Plan accordingly.  ;)

• Upvote 1

If you guys, really want to see the future of medicine, view this.  Nutrition Response Testing is what the practioners of the clinic that give fantastic results in Johnson City for people that medical science either screwed up or can't help.  It used to have one practioner five years ago and will soon have four.  It's based on the autonomic nervous systems, which will reveal what is harming you or what is needed for healing.  The body will heal itself if relieved of the stressors (like chemicals, insectides, viruses, bacteria, fungii, heavy metals, scars, food sensitivities, GMOs, and others) and given the nutrients it needs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkWMEhVVwgw

Seen people that didn't need a heart transplants and kidney transplants anymore that were now full of energy after they have been on this program after being restored to health with no transplant.  If I come down with the flu or a cold or any pain, just go in for a $30 visit plus supplements and normally I'm much better the next day.

I believe a chiropractor in Warren has converted his practice to this.  It works, but tons of people are skeptical.

Edited by SiouxVolley

Humans have been modifying their food stocks, including various plants and animals, for eons..  The non-GMO hysteria is yet another social media-fed marketing frenzy which will empty your wallet, before you empty your bowels.  

Those damn early Egyptians!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...