SiouxSports.com Forum

Hunter Bishop

Siouxmama

I was asked by Hunter's parents to pass this info along to all the Sioux fans.

Hunter has made the decision to leave UND and go back to the Vernon Vipers of the BCHL. He is leaving on good terms with the coaches. Hunter feels it would be best for all if he went back to Jrs to play, develop and get stronger. He felt he would be more of an impact player at the college level, if he went back. Hak didn't want him to go, but he understood.

The Bishops want everyone to know that Coach Hakstol is a very honorable person and they admire everything that he has done for Hunter. They know that people are going to wonder, so they want everyone to know that nothing bad has happened at UND. It is an amazing place to play and the team is full of talent.

Good Luck, Hunter. I wish you much success with the Vipers. Hope to see you back here again soon.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asked by Hunter's parents to pass this info along to all the Sioux fans.

Hunter has made the decision to leave UND and go back to the Vernon Vipers of the BCHL. He is leaving on good terms with the coaches. Hunter feels it would be best for all if he went back to Jrs to play, develop and get stronger. He felt he would be more of an impact player at the college level, if he went back. Hak didn't want him to go, but he understood.

The Bishops want everyone to know that Coach Hakstol is a very honorable person and they admire everything that he has done for Hunter. They know that people are going to wonder, so they want everyone to know that nothing bad has happened at UND. It is an amazing place to play and the team is full of talent.

Good Luck, Hunter. I wish you much success with the Vipers. Hope to see you back here again soon.

So is hunter coming back to UND after his year in Juniors?

good for him. he will go play every night with them. hopefully come back and be a regular in the lineup next year. so does this just take 1 semester of eligibility aweay from hunter?? would that leave him with 3 1/2 years of playing??

on the other hand, he was battling with others just to crack the lineup on a game by game basis so he must not have been ready so hopefully this will make him better

good for him. he will go play every night with them. hopefully come back and be a regular in the lineup next year. so does this just take 1 semester of eligibility aweay from hunter?? would that leave him with 3 1/2 years of playing??

on the other hand, he was battling with others just to crack the lineup on a game by game basis so he must not have been ready so hopefully this will make him better

I'm pretty sure Hunter will lose a full year of eligibility.

Best of luck.

One question with the offensive struggles the Sioux are having why not give others a chance to show what they can do. What would it hurt, it's not like we could score less. After a player leaves like this can he sign with another college team or is the LOI binding in this case?(I guess that was two :glare: )

He will lose a full year of elgibility and I think he would have to sit out a year if he went to another team.

Didn't Fylling do the same thing? I don't think the NCAA splits hockey up into 1/2 years, he will have three years when he comes back.

Hopefully things work out and he is back next season. Personally I think he would be better off developing in GF, even if he is not playing in games. It seems to have worked out pretty well for Brad Miller.

Mixed feelings on this, depending upon how it turns out. I really liked what I saw in Hunter for potential. I too wondered why he wasn't playing more, but then I don't get to see the practices. If he continues his development and then plays for another team, Bah Humbug. But if he returns to the Sioux when he feels it is appropriate for him, then great. Best of luck Hunter and hope to see you back in the Green and White.

I really enjoyed watch Bishop on the ice, kind of depressing that he is leaving! I had picked this kid to do really well, oh well, maybe next year!

Don't forget it's final exam time and he may have found that academics and D1 hockey in combination is a little more challenging than what he was expecting.

Although he didn't get to play that much here... yet, I too hope that he returns in the fall. As with everyone else, the little that I did see him play, he definitly looked good. Hockey is these guys lives and if he thinks that he needs more time to develop and that this will help him in the long run... then I'm all for it! Good luck Hunter

Hopefully he's made the right choice for himself. Never like to see any player leave mid-season. Still remember Ryan Johnson leaving mid-season to go play for Canada. Hockey players want to play as much as possbile, and he wasn't getting a lot of ice time. Not saying he blames the coaches at all for this. I'm sure he understands the decisions the coaches have to make on who plays and who sits. I hope we see him back in the near future, but if we don't, best of luck to Hunter.