SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SEAWOLVES

AZSIOUX

tn_037.JPGtn_IMG_7559.JPGtn_501.jpg

5 in a row with back to back sweeps. Great job by the Sioux. Lets keep it rolling vs the Seawolves and make it 6 and 7 in a row. Great team play all around during this streak. The Sioux have given up 8 total goals in the 5 game win streak. GO SIOUX

SIOUX coming off a sweep at Mankato. 2-1 win Friday, 5-3 win Saturday - 3rd place in the WCHA with 22 points

SEAWOLVES coming off a loss and a tie vs wisconsin in Alaska. Lost friday and tied saturday - 10th place in the WCHA with 8 points

nodak.gif - Tied for 5th in Pairwise Rankings

Overall Record: 14-8-1 (.630)

WCHA: 11-7-0, 22 points

Home: 7-4-0

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check your post AZSIOUX. 2-1 Friday, not 4-1. You do a nice job with your recaps and your previews. The Seawolves will be hungry to show folks that they are better than their record suggests. As I have long said, there are no weak sisters in the WCHA. If the Sioux do not come to play both nights, they will be on the hind titty at least one of them. They will come to play. The Drive to Denver continues.

We should be able to keep their shots limited like we did against Mich Tech (<20 pg). I like the way our defense is playing. JPL hasn't gotten a shutout since the early part of the season. I expect he'll finally get another one against AA and our scoring will continue to be balanced.

Hope you are correct. Phil has been playing well but it seems that he loses focus on one or two occasions in the later part of games. I don't know if this is because of a mental drain from playing in every game, but we have seen it in alot games recently. Not that costly lately, but I would hate to see this in the later part of the season. I hope once he gets past #51 Walski gets a shot. Too lazy to check if that will happen before BSU, but that would be a great opportunity to get Walski in a game.

Sioux sweep AA. Win big on Friday, sneak out a close one on Saturday!

I think the biggest difference between the team's play in November and the last month is in the defensive zone. We're making good decisions with the puck, quick solid passes or a clear to center if that's all that's available, and the result is opponents don't get set up in the zone.

Undoubtedly, a team like CC would bring more pressure due to being the fastest team I've seen, but I don't think UAA will be able to sustain pressure if we play our game.

Given that we aren't scoring much 5x5 (or giving up much 5x5, thankfully), it's going to come down to special teams. That becomes the area of focus going forward. I wouldn't be surprised to see some tweaking of the first and second PP units.

Ideally, if we can get a lead this weekend, I'd like to see Marto and Lapoint get more ice time. That game experience is going to be valuable down the road, whether via an injury or next season.

With Kozek playing well on the top line last night, where does Miller fit in?? The top 3 lines are pretty set. Kozek I think benefits from Osh and Dunc more than Miller as Kozek will muck it up in the corners and goes full throttle with reckless abandon. His abilty to create some chaos also opens it up for the other two alittle bit more as well. Sweep--woodshed beating Fri. and a close one on Sat.

With Kozek playing well on the top line last night, where does Miller fit in?? The top 3 lines are pretty set. Kozek I think benefits from Osh and Dunc more than Miller as Kozek will muck it up in the corners and goes full throttle with reckless abandon. His abilty to create some chaos also opens it up for the other two alittle bit more as well. Sweep--woodshed beating Fri. and a close one on Sat.

Operative words "Full Throttle", "reckless abandon", and "chaos."

Give him a week of practice with Oshie and Duncs and see how it turns out over the weekend.

Watching the game on the webcast was too limited for me to judge Trupps effort, but apparently it didn't work.

I didn't get to see the game with Trupp on the Duncan-Oshie line, but my thoughts before it happened were it would be too small of a line that just wouldn't be good enough in all three zones. Kozek adds grittiness and defensive skills to go along with a canon-like wrister. Andrew isn't an amazing passer or puck-handler, but he's good enough that he can create problems for the other team when Osh and Duncs do most of the work. I've been saying Duncan-Oshie Kozek for months now.

Operative words "Full Throttle", "reckless abandon", and "chaos."

Give him a week of practice with Oshie and Duncs and see how it turns out over the weekend.

Watching the game on the webcast was too limited for me to judge Trupps effort, but apparently it didn't work.

Let me put it this way--Frattin: no, Miller: no, Trupp: no, Kozek: YES. If you didn't think Trupp looked better and more comfortable on the 3rd line Sat. than Fri. you were not watching the same webcasts I was. One doesn't need a large sample to tell that Kozek gives the other 2 better potential to maximize their talents. You want to find someone so that Osh and Dunc can produce more and consistantly. Kozek gives them that chance!

I didn't get to see the game with Trupp on the Duncan-Oshie line, but my thoughts before it happened were it would be too small of a line that just wouldn't be good enough in all three zones. Kozek adds grittiness and defensive skills to go along with a canon-like wrister. Andrew isn't an amazing passer or puck-handler, but he's good enough that he can create problems for the other team when Osh and Duncs do most of the work. I've been saying Duncan-Oshie Kozek for months now.

and they looked good overall. i like it as well. hope we see it vs the seepuppies and rack some points up

Let me put it this way--Frattin: no, Miller: no, Trupp: no, Kozek: YES. If you didn't think Trupp looked better and more comfortable on the 3rd line Sat. than Fri. you were not watching the same webcasts I was. One doesn't need a large sample to tell that Kozek gives the other 2 better potential to maximize their talents. You want to find someone so that Osh and Dunc can produce more and consistantly. Kozek gives them that chance!

I thought Frattin had a good weekend I believe it is just a matter of time before Trupp and Fratting are putting up numbers every weekend.

True, but we need Oshie and Duncan to be delivering their potential now.

and i think that comes with the right combo with the 3rd player on that line and kozek could make a big difference overall in their stats. i know what you are saying but we had 5 different players score a goal last night and we won 5-3 so i personally could care less who scores each night and the 2 players are at a point per game right now which is below their career average a bit but im nmot concerned about that. i see that going up as well with kozek on that line. oshie does many things out there besides score points as we all know. he is a wrecking ball along with kozek and duncan is smooth every night. cant wait to dismantle uss this coming weekend and make it 6 and 7 in a row.

this is one of the most balanced scoring teams out there. we have all lines chipping in points nightly and i think thats a key when playing down the stretch. not just depending on that 1 BIG line is a good thing and i believe a key component in a ncaa title contender

True, but we need Oshie and Duncan to be delivering their potential now.

I think it is hard to score when you getting hooked, held and slashed. Mankato did a good job of obstructing these guys this weekend.

I was watching the game and I have decided that the league needs to call the games like they do in the NHL, if the game was called that way there would have been at least 20 penatlies last night, it was silly. The Sioux would have got a few penalties as well.

and i think that comes with the right combo with the 3rd player on that line and kozek could make a big difference overall in their stats. i know what you are saying but we had 5 different players score a goal last night and we won 5-3 so i personally could care less who scores each night and the 2 players are at a point per game right now which is below their career average a bit but im nmot concerned about that. i see that going up as well with kozek on that line. oshie does many things out there besides score points as we all know. he is a wrecking ball along with kozek and duncan is smooth every night. cant wait to dismantle uss this coming weekend and make it 6 and 7 in a row.

this is one of the most balanced scoring teams out there. we have all lines chipping in points nightly and i think thats a key when playing down the stretch. not just depending on that 1 BIG line is a good thing and i believe a key component in a ncaa title contender

I agree with you guys but I think that getting the potential out of Oshie and Duncan is what we need to advance through the playoffs. Let's scare the crap out of 'em with those guys and have the other guys chip in when they can.

Seems like the Seawolves never cut us a break

we better be ready to play our best

Didn't they just give CC a battle

I hope were not banged up from those purple cows :glare:

beating us seems like winning the frozen four to them