SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

sprig

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my brackets not they mean anything (conference champ)

Colorado Springs

1. CC vs 4. Notre Dame (( CC because they are a host institution))

2. Miami vs. 3. Mankato

Albany

1. UND (wcha)vs. 4. Army (aha) ((Army and clarkson are here for attendance))

2. Denver vs. 3. Clarkson (ecac)

Worcester

1. UNH (hea)vs. 4. SCSU ((Attendance again with UNH and BC))

2. BC vs. 3. Duluth

Madison

1. Michigan (ccha) vs 4. BSU (cha) ((Attendance not a problem here 3 big 10 schools ))

2. MSU vs 3. UW

These brackets also help with some travel bits

Colorado Springs

2. Miami vs. 3. Mankato

Albany

Worcester

2. BC vs. 3. Duluth

Madison

1. Michigan (ccha) vs 4. BSU (cha) ((Attendance not a problem here 3 big 10 schools ))

2. MSU vs 3. UW

I would think that if it ended up like that the NCAA would put Denver and CC in the Springs to ensure great attendence.

Colorado Springs

2. Miami vs. 3. Mankato

Albany

Worcester

2. BC vs. 3. Duluth

Madison

2. MSU vs 3. UW

I'm not saying the NCAA won't do it, but I think it is stupid to continually have the top two seeds in a regional from the same conference.

I would think that if it ended up like that the NCAA would put Denver and CC in the Springs to ensure great attendence.

But the question is who would they play of the 3 seeds because UW is locked in in Madison, Clarkson is almost a lock in Albany because of location, and then u have 2 more wcha teams in duluth and mankato so denver cant play them in the first round. so that is why i have it that way. It would also piss of gwoz so i am all for that.

I'm not quite up on this, so let me get this straight...this guy Moy has the responsibility of assigning teams to the brackets? Or are these just his theories/opinions? Thanks.

every tuesday uscho.com does a bracketology which is a prediction of the ncaa tourney brackets with using the pairwise rankings as of today. he does it every week. INCH also does it as well but doesnt use the pairwise to the date exactly. they kind of project who they think will be in the tourney in the end. great for message boards and uscho usually isnt that far off. fun to check out and see where teams get placed based upon attendance, what conference teams are from ect....................

I'm not quite up on this, so let me get this straight...this guy Moy has the responsibility of assigning teams to the brackets? Or are these just his theories/opinions? Thanks.

I think the NCAA started using Moy's work a few years ago when they found out he was more competent than the selection committee. ???

I think the NCAA started using Moy's work a few years ago when they found out he was more competent than the selection committee. ???

Ok, so the selection commitee picks it, and not this guy, got it. I would like to see UND in Madison (because it's close, and no other reason) but I see it sounds like out East is more likely.

feb19th bracketology

Colorado Springs

Notre Dame vs. Colorado College

Minn.-Duluth vs. Miami

Madison

Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Wisconsin vs. Boston College

Albany

Army vs. North Dakota

Clarkson vs. Denver

Worcester

St. Cloud vs. New Hampshire

Minnesota State vs. Michigan State

Conference Breakdown

WCHA - 7

CCHA - 4

HEA - 2

ECAC - 1

CHA - 1

AHA - 1

feb19th bracketology

Colorado Springs

Notre Dame vs. Colorado College

Minn.-Duluth vs. Miami

Madison

Bemidji State vs. Michigan

Wisconsin vs. Boston College

Albany

Army vs. North Dakota

Clarkson vs. Denver

Worcester

St. Cloud vs. New Hampshire

Minnesota State vs. Michigan State

Conference Breakdown

WCHA - 7

CCHA - 4

HEA - 2

ECAC - 1

CHA - 1

AHA - 1

Could we see an all WCHA Frozen Four again???

Could we see an all WCHA Frozen Four again???

Heck yes. We could even see an All WCHA Elite Eight!!

(For that to happen, one of the 3 Non Qualifying WCHA Schools will have to step up and get invited: UAA, Tech, or UMTC.)

For the record, I don't see the Committee torturing the brackets quite so much to avoid first round conference matchups. I think they'll allow a few - to avoid the possibility of an all-wcha elite eight.

Well-timed rest leads to CC's stretch run

This is where the ice becomes slippery. What the WCHA hopes, obviously, is that both CC and the Nodaks can earn No. 1 seeds. That would put the Tigers atop the bracket for the West Regional here on March 28-29 at Colorado Springs World Arena, since CC would be guaranteed to play at home as a regional host. And if North Dakota is also a No. 1, it would have to go elsewhere.

At this point, the candidates for NCAA No. 1 seeds include Michigan, Miami of Ohio, New Hampshire, CC and North Dakota. (Denver has faded lately but could resurface.) Michigan and New Hampshire would appear to be practically certain, barring surprises in their league tournaments, with Michigan in the Midwest at Madison, Wis., and UNH in the Northeast at Worcester, Mass.

That leaves the East at Albany, N.Y., which could have Miami or North Dakota as a traveling No. 1 seed.

The best break for Colorado College would be to secure No. 1 in the West, drawing a low seed in the first round before likely facing a tough No. 2 seed for a Frozen Four berth. If North Dakota goes elsewhere, the Tigers could avoid the rugged assignment of perhaps facing the Fighting Sioux on two straight weekends — Final Five and the West Regional.

I like the overall thinking of the Sioux in a different regional, but UNH a certain #1 seed??

I like the thought of UND having the easiest road to the FF, although none of the regions look like cake-walks. One thing I like about this year is that with all the people complaining about the Sioux being goons, it has set the ground-work for the "Sioux vs. the World" situation that tends to lead to National Titles. The last 2 titles UND has won, they didn't get very much respect from the so-called experts. Let Michigan and Miami be the pundits' picks to win it all, the Sioux will just keep rolling all the way to the end.