SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICH TECH

AZSIOUX

Oshie centering Dunc & Trupp would be sweet - get Oshie the puck behind the net & get Trupp & Dunc in scoring position & like Sat. Chorney goal let Oshie feed someone out front - It would be like the Tony Hrkacs days (if there is a rebound all three will be there to put it in)

Trupp would center the line. Trupp has played at center all year, Osh has gone both ways, but with Osh at Center you have two left handed wingers. They'd all just fly around the ice anyways so it might not be much of a difference, haha

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trupp would center the line. Trupp has played at center all year, Osh has gone both ways, but with Osh at Center you have two left handed wingers. They'd all just fly around the ice anyways so it might not be much of a difference, haha

With Osh at center, that line needs another finisher. I would try Kozek over Miller.

Curious to hear what others thought of Davidson. Thought he might be playing to finish some business if things got chippy but he looked pretty good. That is one tough line with him, Radke and Malone. That line might come in handy this weekend in a physical beat down of a couple Mavs if need be!!

Good to see the sweep - better to see it done playing well in all aspects.

Good to see people wanting this board to remain spirited - yet civil (for the most part).

I LOVE watching Trupp and he may be work out on the top line. I think we would be better served by putting a guy who is a little stronger on the puck (although he is not bad for his size) . That is why I am thinking we put VV back up there. I thought when he was up there earlier in the year it worked as well or better than any other guy they have tried on first line. I feel like that was an effective line and any in-effectivity they may have shown was probably more mental than anything. Now that everyone is older and wiser - put him back up there. I think he creates good space for the other guys AND can snipe.

I would like to see Kozek get a shot with Oshie and Duncan. He has a heck of a shot and those two could definately set him up with opportunities. Plus that would keep VV Kaip and Watkins together because they have looked great as a line. It would also let the Trupp Zajac and Frattin line stick together. That would give us three solid lines that can all score with a physcial 4th line in Malone Radke and maybe Davidson if he keeps improving?

Curious to hear what others thought of Davidson. Thought he might be playing to finish some business if things got chippy but he looked pretty good. That is one tough line with him, Radke and Malone. That line might come in handy this weekend in a physical beat down of a couple Mavs if need be!!

i thought davidson played well, he is a huge body out there! with zajac centering the frosh, i think the radke, malone, davidson line is one hell of a checking line, excuse me for lack of better termonology. i thought martens was playing well, so i guess he was just the odd man out this weekend, im guessing we will see him back in the lineup. im not "hating" on miller here, but i think we need to give some of the other guys a shot over him, ie. davidson. not sure where forney is in the picture, another weekend of him not dressing :D it's too bad, he is fast and obviously has skills.

I would like to see Kozek get a shot with Oshie and Duncan. He has a heck of a shot and those two could definately set him up with opportunities. Plus that would keep VV Kaip and Watkins together because they have looked great as a line.

That wouldn't bother me either. I think we'd want to see him play the style he did the last couple years where he was flying hard and fast. Like Trupp that'd create some space and his shot would be a plus on that line.

I'm not sure if you are referring to the posts on the 1st page of this thread or not, but I dont see any Radke bashing there. If anything, I saw some support for him, because it looked like last night he was going to be in a fight, and I figured that it was only going to continue on to tonights game. Look at most of the series, if a game is chippy on friday, it usually isn't going to be any different on saturday.

From the looks of last nights game, I was very surprised that no gloves were dropped tonight.

wow so no one bashed radke or brian lee or how about bina or johny t or greene or tj

you know who the haters are and who the posters on here are that no the difference between breaking down a player and bashing--

some of the posters I know never even played hockey past 8 years old but yet are qualified to tear a player down!

Oshie and Duncan can finish. IMO what they need is someone to help them control the puck in the offensive zone. This person doesn't need to be a finisher, but needs help with puck possession and distribute the puck to the other two. That's the way I see it anyway.

Oshie and Duncan can finish. IMO what they need is someone to help them control the puck in the offensive zone. This person doesn't need to be a finisher, but needs help with puck possession and distribute the puck to the other two. That's the way I see it anyway.

This year Duncan hasn't had anywhere close to the amount of room to operate as he did last year. I think we need another scoring threat to open up the ice. Maybe you're right, a mucker in the corner, could help but I'd like to make the line more dynamic with Trupp or Kozek.

I don't know if Oshie can play position Hockey (or should) He is going after the puck no matter what (& I mean that in the highest praises) - I do think he can feed anyone, if the shot is not there for him - that is why he needs a couple snipers waiting & looking for those feeds - They have to focus everyone on him, when he is out there - so having a few finishers out there, when he is on the ice - can't be a bad thing

I don't know if Oshie can play position Hockey (or should) He is going after the puck no matter what (& I mean that in the highest praises) - I do think he can feed anyone, if the shot is not there for him - that is why he needs a couple snipers waiting & looking for those feeds - They have to focus everyone on him, when he is out there - so having a few finishers out there, when he is on the ice - can't be a bad thing

Exactly. MTU seem so concerned with Osh this weekend that I am suprised that Miller (and Duncan to an extent) did go off in one of the 2 games. Agree with many of the posts that Miller, on that line, is just not doing it.

I agree they both can finish, I just think that at times they try to get a little too cute with the puck looking to set up the perfect play instead of shooting when they are given a pretty good opportunity. That is why I think Kozek would be a good fit on this line. He has 7 goals, which I think is 3rd on the team, without getting any powerplay time or top line minutes for the most part.

Exactly. MTU seem so concerned with Osh this weekend that I am suprised that Miller (and Duncan to an extent) did go off in one of the 2 games. Agree with many of the posts that Miller, on that line, is just not doing it.

I thought Miller played well and certainly played hard. But I don't think he's getting the best we can get out of Oshie and Duncan. We should have the best line in the country times two!

I thought Miller played well and certainly played hard. But I don't think he's getting the best we can get out of Oshie and Duncan. We should have the best line in the country times two!

All things being relative, he didn't keep up with the other 2 on that line. Agree he played hard and that he should/could remain in the line-up, but not where he is currently at on that 1st line. If UND finds someone to click with Oshie/Duncan, we would have 2 great lines.

they try to get a little too cute with the puck looking to set up the perfect play instead of shooting when they are given a pretty good opportunity.

This is one of my biggest frustrations with this team. They seem to be aiming for a SportsCenter highlight goal instead of just a goal.

Oh, and we really need to be shooting quicker; too long holding the puck, more blocked shots, etc.

Seeing Kozek mantioned as a top-line player, was he an injury scratch on Saturday or a healthy scratch?

if it's the latter, I don't think we'll see him on the front line any time soon...

Hakstol said he wasn't feeling well before the Saturday game. He also said he wasn't feeling well on Friday.

Hakstol said he wasn't feeling well before the Saturday game. He also said he wasn't feeling well on Friday.

yeah and it sounded like hak wanted davidson in as well so i will say it is a half wake up call for kozek as well along with a nice chance for davidson. good win either way :D

wow so no one bashed radke or brian lee or how about bina or johny t or greene or tj

you know who the haters are and who the posters on here are that no the difference between breaking down a player and bashing--

some of the posters I know never even played hockey past 8 years old but yet are qualified to tear a player down!

I guess I'm not following you here. Show me the Radke bashing in this thread you are referring to.

Lee, Bina, JT,Greene and TJ are just beng brought up now, so lets leave them out of it.

I guess I'm not following you here. Show me the Radke bashing in this thread you are referring to.

Lee, Bina, JT,Greene and TJ are just beng brought up now, so lets leave them out of it.

you are correct no one has ever riped any of these guys' I am sure everything in here is true becase you say so.

if you all think I am a bad apple I will take that as a compliment :D thanks

you are correct no one has ever riped any of these guys' I am sure everything in here is true becase you say so.

if you all think I am a bad apple I will take that as a compliment :D thanks

You actually started out on this board with some insightful posts. However, it appears your main mission now has become to stir the pot. :D

There was a time when people could really learn a lot about Sioux Sports on this board. Now, it appears we've lost some of those posters and to find that information, you have to read through 2 pages of squabbling and dribble.

Perhaps we should have one area of the board where people can complain all they want about other posters and the other nonsense we see so often now, and the remainder of the board could actually stick to the topics on an adult level. Of course, we could just have that without the additional area too! :D There's a concept!