SiouxSports.com Forum

New Assistant Coaches

GeauxSioux

Most folks around Siouxsports seem to think that Mussman will be named Head Coach tomorrow. Who will be hired as assistant coaches?

I believe there is gonna be a lot of new faces. Lennon has added mostly defensive Assistants and Kelling maybe one of the front runners for the Mankato Job. And I don't know if he will take any Offensive people with him. I think Lennon is waiting to see who gets the job here. If it's not Mussman he go with Lennon but I think he will be offered the head coaching position here. I hope we can retain Belmore.

I believe if he takes a paid position it will interfere with his NFL pension so I don't think this would be an option for him, but I'm sure he'd love to take a more active role.

I was just going to post something similar...although you worded it better than I was going to. :lol:

I was just going to post something similar...although you worded it better than I was going to. :D

Greg would have to get more serious about all coaching aspects, I will not argue his ability to relate and teach kids the techniques needed to play the position he is coaching, but he does not do all the extra "coaching" things the others do that would make it seem he wants more than the volunteer label which by NCAA rule no longer exists at the FCS level (limited staff paid staff, GA's, and not any volunteer coaches). That includes the normal filmwork/breakdown of opponents each week, being at the football office all day meeting with players or other coaches about the game plan, recruiting once the playing season is done, attending clinics and getting better as a coach, doing all the little things that need to be done on a daily basis to maintaiin what our program does. If he wants a paid position , I would hope Coach Mussman would demand more of him.

• 2 weeks later...
Greg would have to get more serious about all coaching aspects, I will not argue his ability to relate and teach kids the techniques needed to play the position he is coaching, but he does not do all the extra "coaching" things the others do that would make it seem he wants more than the volunteer label which by NCAA rule no longer exists at the FCS level (limited staff paid staff, GA's, and not any volunteer coaches). That includes the normal filmwork/breakdown of opponents each week, being at the football office all day meeting with players or other coaches about the game plan, recruiting once the playing season is done, attending clinics and getting better as a coach, doing all the little things that need to be done on a daily basis to maintaiin what our program does. If he wants a paid position , I would hope Coach Mussman would demand more of him.

You need to read more carefully next time. He CANNOT take a PAID POSITION or he will lose money he is getting from the NFL as part of his injury settlement. And the reason he does not do a lot of the things you talk about is because of his knee. He is very limited on how much time he can be up and about. I think you should appreciate that he uses that time to help Sioux athletics out. He could very easily stay at home and do nothing.

Strong first post by the way.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You need to read more carefully next time. He CANNOT take a PAID POSITION or he will lose money he is getting from the NFL as part of his injury settlement. And the reason he does not do a lot of the things you talk about is because of his knee. He is very limited on how much time he can be up and about. I think you should appreciate that he uses that time to help Sioux athletics out. He could very easily stay at home and do nothing.

Strong first post by the way.

While UND has a new and seemingly well qualified offensive line coach in Carey, there is no doubt that Coach Lotysz will be missed. His ability to get the most out of his players has been apparent by the number of all ncc and all american offensive lineman that UND has produced since the 2001 season. Most people don't realize his ability to motivate, his knowledge of the game, and how much he helps mentoring these players outside the football field. Not only does he help the football team, but he also helps the hockey team as well, and does it all from a volunteer standpoint. For anyone that thinks he doesn't put enough time in, or would never be able to make a good full time coach, they are seriously mistaken. Lets not forget that for many seasons now, Greg has relayed plays from the box to the field and has had a huge field presence, not only for the oline, but the entire team. Ask any of his current or former players and they will attest to that. While he had his reasons for stepping down, and no they did not deal with division one rules, we can only hope that he will continue to help as much as he can.

Rumor has it that Josh Kotelnicki will be leaving K-State and will be back coaching for the Sioux. Another nice addition. Any news on the OC plans?

Mussman was on Dan Hammer's radio show today; he confirmed Kotelnicki has been added to the staff (started yesterday, I believe). He will coach special teams and outside linebackers, and help with recruiting.

Mussman finalizes coaching staff assignments, Anderson hired

University of North Dakota head football coach Chris Mussman finalized his coaching staff today with three current assistants adding new duties and one new assistant being named to the staff.

Mussman announced that co-defensive coordinator Mike Mannausau has been promoted to assistant head coach, running backs coach Greg Breitbach has been named offensive coordinator and receivers coach Tim Belmore has been named recruiting coordinator. Mussman also announced the hiring of Reid

• 2 months later...