SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SCSU

AZSIOUX

tn_IMG_2968.JPGtn_IMG_2952.JPGtn_IMG_2976.JPG

Well, another split vs UNH. Lets got to St Cloud, play 2 full nights of hockey and get some very important wins and points

Sioux are coming off a home split to UNH and SCSU lost saturday night to #1 Miami 2-1 in overtime and beat Harvard on Sunday

nodak.gif8th in pairwise rankings

Overall Record: 9-7-1 (.559)

WCHA: 6-6-0, 12 points

Home: 5-4-0

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who gambles a little, I know that when making a wager you should look at trends. That said, seeing how these are away games, the sioux lose Friday, win Saturday. On another note, Petey23 will probably have a little(or maybe alot) of the Captain in his system both nights.

Well, I would love to say that we are about to start our traditional second half push for the post-season, but I have a sick feeling that we are going to be found wanting more Sioux hockey than we are going to be seeing. I hope I am wrong and Hak can get this group geared up for what proves to be a tough and potentially rewarding schedule, I just have my doubts. The one bright spot that I see in our future is the chance to make the post-season and ride a hot goalie like DU did a few years back. In order for that to happen we are going to need Chorney and the D to step up their game, take care of the puck and show some hustle. I am tired of seeing the defense taking their time in getting to loose pucks as if they are daring the forecheckers to take it from them. My question to that is WHY? Just go out their, hustle and dominate someone instead of playing down to their level or even giving them a chance!

PREDICTION: Sioux Sweep

I believe that if the Sioux can get the win on Friday they will Sweep. And i BELIEVE they CAN get the win Friday and complete the sweep on Saturday.

The Sioux need to play with some heart, all i have seen from them this season is a few sparks of heart, but the Sioux have a habit of leaving the heart in the locker room for many shifts at a time.

If the Sioux want to do the same as they have the last 3 seasons, and dominate the second half, they MUST play with the same if not more Heart, Passion and Intensity as they would a Gopher series, which we have NOT seen YET this season.

Sioux hockey is about Pride and Passion and this has not been displayed since the 2007 NCAA regionals. The Sioux have not yet found that Pride and Passion this season, except for a few players but the Whole team needs to find this as hockey is a team sport and a few players can not carry a team, but once they find this pride and passion i think they will shine.

I dont mean to sound like an old man or anything, but this is what i believe to be true, you may disagree or not find any logic in this but WHO REALLY CARES WHAT WE THINK, its only about what goes on in the Sioux Locker room and on the ice, not in the stands and infront of computers.

GO SIOUX

Sioux need another goalie for Saturday nights...They really haven't had a good goalie since Geohring(sp)...Sioux will be lucky to get a split with St. Cloud....This team is in TROUBLE!!..Last night's 3rd period was the worst collapse I can remember...Ridiculous..

What are you talking about Jordan Parise was a good goalie. Better than any goalie the Gophers have had. I do agree with the rest of what you said.

Sioux need another goalie for Saturday nights...They really haven't had a good goalie since Geohring(sp)...Sioux will be lucky to get a split with St. Cloud....This team is in TROUBLE!!..Last night's 3rd period was the worst collapse I can remember...Ridiculous..

How is last night's collapse Lammy's fault. He played two solid games and gave the team a chance to win. Of the 5 goals he let in last night, one was deflected off his own teamate, 2 where he was screened, and 2 where his defensemen failed to contain the UNH players breaking toward the net. Overall the defense had a weak weekend, Bina and Chorney had the worst weekend of their careers perhaps, Finley and Jones made a few mistakes, and the freshman played like freshman. I don't think we need to start this replace Lammy topic all over again. He played well.

How is last night's collapse Lammy's fault. He played two solid games and gave the team a chance to win. Of the 5 goals he let in last night, one was deflected off his own teamate, 2 where he was screened, and 2 where his defensemen failed to contain the UNH players breaking toward the net. Overall the defense had a weak weekend, Bina and Chorney had the worst weekend of their careers perhaps, Finley and Jones made a few mistakes, and the freshman played like freshman. I don't think we need to start this replace Lammy topic all over again. He played well.

Lammy's silly diving penalty set the ball in motion for a collaspe that I saw coming at the end of the second period. The defense last night suck, especially the veterans.

We've had trouble in the defensive zone, especially in transition, all year. Passes have been too long on th breakout. Chroney has regressed after a fabulous season last year.

SCSU gave Miami a good run, as did MTU vs Michigan. Two middle of the pack WCHA teams go to OT with the two top teams in the country according to the poles.

What scares me about last night is UNH was without their stud too. They will be a force to be reckoned with in the NCAAs. They swept CC when they were all present.

SCSU gave Miami a good run, as did MTU vs Michigan. Two middle of the pack WCHA teams go to OT with the two top teams in the country according to the poles.

That is some perspective it appears that the WCHA is as strong as we make it out to be.

The 7th ranked team against 1st ranked team and Miami has to go to ot to beat SCSU. SCSU beats C.C. and loses to DU on a screwed up goal. Also SCSU is like 21 in the power while Miami is what number 1. Mean while MTU dismantles MSU and loses in ot to UM after 80 minutes of hockey.

CCHA = Cup Cake Hockey Association.

UNH swept C.C. so either C.C. is over-rated or UNH is good, if that is the case UND is pretty good as well...

Edited by Goon

MTU is not a door mat team this year IMHO. I was not surprised at all about them beating Mich-St

but to take U-Mich 2OT in a 1-0 game loss. I believe this team is going to do a little damage.

Will be out in western ND bow and pheasant hunting next weekend. I'll take a split, but SCSU has more offensive power than most teams we've seen so far. Getting swept wouldn't shock me. A win on the road in the GREEN sweaters would be nice though on Friday!!!

At some point I think they need to give Walski some playing time. Maybe we'll see him in the second or third period after we get a good lead on SCSU. We are going to need a goalie that can deliver if something happens to Lammy.

i think the situation is pretty obvious. i understand what you are saying but we are riding phil. he hasnt blown any games by himself and continues to play pretty well overall this season. if phil goes down then things could get very interesting but lets remember who walski is. hes a 3rd string walk on that has done the right things over the years to be where he is right now. yeah i know a few people here say he stopped a milion pucks in a state title game so why not play him but phil isnt the problem we cant get sweeps. its a team effort overall. hes a walk on 3rd stringer that is a 2nd stringer now for a few reasons. if he was a backup that hak thought was ok to play, he would have maybe played a game already. i want our #1 guy in every game no matter what and thats phil. maybe he gets a start vs bemidji state but then again, thats a important non conference game. phil will play every game this season unless the wcha standings are set in stone before the final series then maybe, but probably not. i understand the iunjury factor for sure but otherwise theres no reason not to play phil

go sioux