SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs NEW HAMPSHIRE

AZSIOUX

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Badgers lose, and will once again play the championship game before the third place game because the Badger have to play the night game..... stupid!

Gives the other teams a early ride home. Of course, they probably won't present the hardware until after the 3rd place game!

I believe so....

Colgate up first

#19 - saved

#9 - saved

#14 - saved

#15 - saved

#11 Riley - saved

#19 - saved

#11 - saved

#9 Burton - SCORE!!!

Wisconsin second

#9 Davies - saved

#15 - saved

#22 Street - saved

#10 saved

#6 - saved

# 18 Ford - saved

#20 - saved

#8 - saved

COLGATE WINS

This has got to be the worst shoot out I have ever seen.... these aren't even hard shots, straight at the goalie, weak, soft....

One word: Toews.

good win for the sioux

i liked all 4 lines tonight and hope to see the same tomorrow!!

great games by phil again and kyle radke had a solid game in his first game in a while. 2 assists. smart physical play. all 4 lines looked solid and were smooth

3-1 sioux win

goals by

zajac from martens and radke (1st)

trupp from frattin and genoway (3rd)

martens from radke and bina (3rd)

we have given up 1 goal in 4 non conference games now being 3-0-1.... well 3 2/3 game with the fogout :glare: thats solid D and goaltending

Hak post-game comments:

Pretty hard fought game. Some tired and heavy legs, probably on both sides, which led to some plays that weren't that sharp. No lack of effort or intensity on either side. Pretty good game on both sides.

Real happy to see Zajac get off to that start. He's been outstanding the last few weeks in practice. Martens did a very good job with them tonight, and scored a huge insurance goal. Thought we some good things out of everyone in the lineup.

It's critical you get production out of your other lines. All the games we play, you're playing teams with good depth. Tonight, our depth came through. Trupp came back after us allowing a goal, and gets a garbage rebound goal, which turns out to be the game winner.

We're trying to work back up to game shape tonight. 2nd period, we had a lot of specialty teams, so to have Zajac line play as well as they did, and Trupp line get the game winner, that's the difference in the game.

Phil did a great job. That's his job. It's his job to give us a chance to stay in. He did a very good job in keeping us in it.

I expect both teams to play a little more sharp tomorrow night. They played well tonight, and I'm sure they'll be hungry to get a win tomorrow night. We're going to have to come back with the same hunger.

Won't make huge changes for tomorrow night. We have a couple guys who had a few good weeks of practice who could make the line up, but we're not going to make that decision tonight.

Good to see the win from the Sioux.

Being an interconference game there was not a lot of intensity but hopefully a few big hits early on tomorrow will lift both teams

After 20 days rest it will take a while for the legs to wind up to full speed, hopefully tomorrow will be a different story.

the Sioux PP was clicking a little bit more but they had problems gaining the zone but once setup they were moving the puck well.

The PK was good tonight the sioux controlled most of UNH's PP chances early on.

A few little stupid penalties but thats just the way things go sometimes.

All in all i think the sioux still need to lift more to really start their second half and get into a good rhythm leading up to March. But there is A LOT of hockey to go in this season and only time will tell how the Sioux carry themselves into March???

Tech 4

State 1

Colgate 3

WI 2

Coach Hak:

Hard fought game, tired/heavy legs on both sides led to some plays that weren't all that smart. No lack of effort or intensity. Good to see Zajac get off to that good start, been outstanding the last couple of weeks in practice. Him and Radke have been together for the past 20 days, Martens with a great goal, the insurance marker. Good things out of everyone in the lineup. It's critical to get goals from the 3rd and 4th line, not only in the WCHA but overall. Trupp did a good job killing the momentum. We needed to get the rebounds on him, and we didn't in the first, but Trupp was a good example of a garbage goal. There was a lot of special teams, so your top forwards and defensemen are getting al ot of ice time, to have the 3rd/4th lines get the game winner is fabulous. Phil did a great job, made a couple big saves, that's his job. If there is a mistake made in front of him it's his job to keep us in it. We expect both teams to be sharper tomorrow. UNH is a very good hockey team and does a lot of things very very well, their PP moved the puck better than we did... will be hungry tomorrow. We're gonna come back with an equal amount of hunger tomorrow. Possibility of changes tomorrow, but nothing big. We've got a couple of guys who have had a good couple of weeks of practice.

Trupp (P.S. Doors Player of the Game)

Great to be back. We mixed the lines around a little bit, Frattin and Chay both played well. It's huge to come back from the break and get a win and get the ball rolling. We need to focus on tomorrow's game now.

Good to see Radke have a good game 2 assists

It was like a pinball game most of the time

I was worried about Lammy in the second (didn't even move after his head hit the ice - with a loud pop)

Lammy was Hot tonight tho

PLEASE give us a sweep Please Pretty Please

Good to see Radke have a good game 2 assists

It was like a pinball game most of the time

I was worried about Lammy in the second (didn't even move after his head hit the ice - with a loud pop)

Lammy was Hot tonight tho

PLEASE give us a sweep Please Pretty Please

I didn't get to see most of the game. ;)

Can you describe what happened with Lammy?

I'm VERY VERY happy about Radke.

Surprised with Martens too.

On paper, I like the Genoway-Trupp-Frattin line. Lots of energy, speed, and skill.

Thoughts:

The Sioux got outplayed and lacked scoring chances. NH is a pretty good team and generated more scoring chances, but Phil played one hell of a game. Phil played very well and was easily the player of the game, if not for him NH should of won the game. The powerplay for the Sioux is still very inconsistent and is lacking getting shots to the net. For some reason this year, Chorney is so hesitant to shoot the puck on the powerplay and even on some other offensive plays, I wish he would just put the puck on net.

Tomorrow will be a hard fought game, a sweep would be huge right now. I see tomorrows night game being very close. Keep lines how they were tonight, even though I am not in favor of them in the long run. Nice to see the team get a win tonight, but they have a long way to go to develop into the team that we think this team can be.

Win on Saturday for once...............Please!!!!!

Lammy got run over, the contact wasn't that severe but it was a penalty.

He laid on the ice without moving for quite a while. Well if you're supposedly out cold or something you don't just pop up after a while and get back in the game do you?

Adam probably thought that too. He negated the penalty with a holding the stick on Bina and called 3 or so straight on the Sioux. Jerk.