SiouxSports.com Forum

new coach?

UND92,96

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ralston is in charge of internal affairs, and Brekke external affairs, who makes the next hire? :glare: In theory, we could end up with the best of both worlds. One head coach from within with local ties, and an outsider with DI connections. Co-Head Coaches! :lol: One of them could be in charge of one of our co-Defensive coordinators, and the other co-defensive coordinator could answer to the other Co-Head Coach.

Sorry, step 4 of my recovery program is angry sarcasm. :lol:

Why don't we go after Bohl? He has done well down at "MOO U" and why would anyone want to work there when they could be at UND?

He seems like the obvious choice and the way to get our program back on its feet.

No thanks...besides the next step for Bohl is likely the FBS not another FCS.

Why don't we go after Bohl? He has done well down at "MOO U" and why would anyone want to work there when they could be at UND?

He seems like the obvious choice and the way to get our program back on its feet.

Now that is funny. That would be like taking the keys for a new ferrari and trading them for a clunky 71 oil burning beat up Chevy. Sorry but lets be realistic, SiouxMD was more reasonable in his response and probably hit the nail on the head.

Now that is funny. That would be like taking the keys for a new ferrari and trading them for a clunky 71 oil burning beat up Chevy. Sorry but lets be realistic, SiouxMD was more reasonable in his response and probably hit the nail on the head.

I hate to break this to you, but The Phoenix is one of yours.

Although I was not a big fan of his when he was at UND, Behrns has done quite well at UNO and is the all-times wins leader there. He has proven that he knows how to win in GF against the Sioux. What are your thoughts on the possiblity of Behrns coming back to UND??

Intriguing......never thought of that possibility. Plus, we aren't playoff eligible for another couple years, so his playoff curse may have time to dissipate. :glare:

It's a sad day in Siouxland. Congratz to Dale he was a great coach here but it was just a matter of time that this day was gonna come. Time to look ahead. I thought the world was coming to a end when RT left and then we got Lennon. We have some good canidates out there with Sioux ties that I believe could do very well here just like Lennon did.

I believe Mussman and Tibesar are the main canidates. With Mussman getting the job. Bubba is also in the mix but that's it. My main concern is who Dale will be taking with him. We have some good assistance like Eric Schmidt, Mike Mannausau, Kelling and on Offense Belmore. If we keep this style of Defense and don't hire Bubba or Tibesar I hope we retain one of those guys on the defensive side. I also believe that Hedberg could go with Lennon to SI and also Mannausau.

My guess is Mussman Head Coach, Belmore O-cord, Kelling D-cord. But it's hard to say. I just hope that someone doesn't come up with the idea of getting together a search comittee to hire a new head coach. This is what they do for everthing else around here and it takes for ever. :glare:

My first thought when I read it was 'I wonder if Hedberg from SCSU will consider this?' He has done a good job @ SCSU with the limited help he has gotten from the school. I doubt that Pat Berhns would ever come back to UND. I was there when he was the coach and he was not well liked by many. It will be very interesting to see what happens in the next few months with the search for all of the openings at UND. Realestate agents must be getting excited in GF with all of these moves. :glare:

My first thought when I read it was 'I wonder if Hedberg from SCSU will consider this?' He has done a good job @ SCSU with the limited help he has gotten from the school. I doubt that Pat Berhns would ever come back to UND. I was there when he was the coach and he was not well liked by many. It will be very interesting to see what happens in the next few months with the search for all of the openings at UND. Realestate agents must be getting excited in GF with all of these moves. :glare:

And yet he was brought back as part of the UND Football Executive Committee. He would definitely be a long shot.

I would say that Mussman is the most logical choice with the need for quick action. I don't think that he would be a bad choice even without the given circumstances.

That seems to have been all-but-confirmed with the statement in Wayne Nelson's Herald article today to the effect that multiple sources have said that Lennon's replacement would be hired from within.

Randy Hedberg's recent problems (effectively relieved as head coach) at SCSU make me wonder if they are associated in some way ....

Is Mike Mannausau (sp) ready?

I can assure you that Hedberg's "reasignment" at SCSU has nothing to do with Lennon's decision to leave UND.