good group...

Ya da ya da ya da....

Caller: <incredibly dumb question>

Scripted Answer

Ya da ya da ya da....

We're only looking at NH

Ya da ya da ya da....

I think you nailed it. :D

I did catch a bit of the show tonight. Hak said that in practice, Oshie has been centering a line with Duncan and Kaip on the wings. That's right, Duncan and Kaip. Hak said it's worked very well in practice. It sounded as if there might be some changes in the defensive pairings, too.

I think you nailed it. :D

I did catch a bit of the show tonight. Hak said that in practice, Oshie has been centering a line with Duncan and Kaip on the wings. That's right, Duncan and Kaip. Hak said it's worked very well in practice. It sounded as if there might be some changes in the defensive pairings, too.

nice...now thats what you call a shake up if so and im sure there will be more. cant wait for the UNH series!!

the kaiper sniper ???

wait a minute, didn't someone say it was an insult to say we hope malone will turn out to be a kaip type player :D yeah, we don't want to insult malone with wearing a letter for the best hockey team in the nation for two years, then being put on the best line in college hockey. it will be interesting to see what the new lines will be. still a really long time until unh, lets go sioux!!!

I'm not sure I like Kaip on the first line, but only for one reason.

Kaip is a center. I don't have the stats with me, but I believe he's done alright on draws this year. Removing a center weakens the lower lines.

Kaip is deserving based upon leadership and performance, for sure, but I do think we need capable centers just as much.

Kaip is a center. I don't have the stats with me, but I believe he's done alright on draws this year. Removing a center weakens the lower lines.

Kaip is deserving based upon leadership and performance, for sure, but I do think we need capable centers just as much.

I have to agree with you here as well. I like the idea of switching up the lines but I really like Kaip as a center. I wonder why Kaip isn't centering the line as I thought they liked Oshie on the wing. Who knows? I trust their decisions.

I guess they could always just switch Oshie and Kaip then and have Kaip center Oshie and Duncan. :D

Hakstol mentioned that Kaip has played very well at center and that he had second thoughts about moving him to a wing. However, he also said that center is Oshie's natural position and having him there enables them to use his offensive and defensive talents more effectively. So it's not as if you're losing a center because you're moving Oshie to that position, which was Hak's preference at the start of the season.

Ya da ya da ya da....

good practice...

Ya da ya da ya da....

liked some things...

Ya da ya da ya da....

good group...

Ya da ya da ya da....

Caller: <incredibly dumb question>

Scripted Answer

Ya da ya da ya da....

We're only looking at NH

Ya da ya da ya da....

Ok was this a transcript or summary?

Hakstol mentioned that Kaip has played very well at center and that he had second thoughts about moving him to a wing. However, he also said that center is Oshie's natural position and having him there enables them to use his offensive and defensive talents more effectively. So it's not as if you're losing a center because you're moving Oshie to that position, which was Hak's preference at the start of the season.

There's nothing wrong with putting your 3 best forwards on a line together. I've been impressed with the offense Kaip has brought this year, along with his grit and physical play.

It's time to face the facts. Look who we have lost over the past 2 years at forward: Stafford, TZajac, Toews, Spirko, Porter.

Now its time for the rest of the forwards to step up and take their place.

its cool redwing, ill go with hak on lineup changes ???:D im sure hak has a plan for another center out there is this is the case. cant wait til they friken drop the puck vs those east coasters

I have to agree with you here as well. I like the idea of switching up the lines but I really like Kaip as a center. I wonder why Kaip isn't centering the line as I thought they liked Oshie on the wing. Who knows? I trust their decisions.

because i think hak prefers oshie at center overall and what he brings at that spot. you dont lose a center as oshie weasnt playing center lately, just sliding a few people over. we score 6 goals one night then 0-1 the next. something will click vs UNH and open the damn floodgates!!

Sure! Oshie was great as a center last season (when he took draws).

I just wonder who is going to take the draws for the third line. I like Kaip leading the third line. He's got offense this year. He's got grit and leadership. He's pretty solid defensively.

I just wonder who is going to take the draws for the third line. I like Kaip leading the third line. He's got offense this year. He's got grit and leadership. He's pretty solid defensively.

so then lets use his offense with 2 dynamic players. maybe thats what hak is thinking and who knows what will happen. im sure there is another player that has played center who can fill in on a 3rd line. we arent losing a center really with oshie centering as vande was centering that line. vande moves to line 2 with kozek and frattin i hope. that leaves trupp and zajac to center lines 3 and 4.

and actually thinking back and double checking brads blog , kaip was centering the 2nd line both nights vs minny, here is what the lines looked like friday night in the win, then saturday it was zajac centering 4th line with trupp centering 3rd line

16 Ryan Duncan--29 Chris VandeVelde--7 T.J. Oshie

20 Matt Watkins--17 Rylan Kaip--21 Matt Frattin

22 Brad Malone--8 Ryan Martens--11 Darcy Zajac

10 Andrew Kozek--19 Evan Trupp--14 Brad Miller

Oshie, Duncan, Kaip sounds pretty good to me.

At risk of repeating myself ...

You need a creator, a getter, and a shooter.

You need the creative playmaking guy, the vision guy, who moves the puck or does it himself when it's there.

You need the boardman, the guy who goes to the corner and comes out with the puck.

You need a guy with a natural scorer's touch, a pure shooter.

You need a Creator, a Getter, and a Shooter: .....

So, what are the real personalities of the guys on this team and how do you fit them together?

Oshie - Creator

Kaip - Getter

Duncan - Shooter

Kaip has been on the second line for most if not the entire season so far, move vv down to the two or three line and problem solved.