SiouxSports.com Forum

What Site Is This?

airmail

I am not a senior member of this site by any means... but what the hell is with the new threads about the bulldogs and gophers? I know POI sucks... but please! Must you torment us with your rival school banter? (headshake...headshake) :huh::(:blush:

(I posted this once already in another thread.)

Remember the cool kid in your neighborhood growing up?

Everyone always talked about what the cool kid was doing or what they had.

Everyone wanted to go over to the cool kid's house and hang out with the cool kid because they had all the best stuff, the stuff everyone else wanted.

Dear Bison and Gopher (and recently appeared Duluth Bulldog) fans,

Welcome to our house, SiouxSports.com.

Hammy, Handyman, and WPOS must be closet Sioux fans because they are over here more than on POI. Most of the time there posts are respectable. After all this is only a "game" we are in conflict about here.

and as long as they are civil you don't see Gopher fans getting defensive about it.

And generally on this siouxsports board the Sioux fans aren't defensive either -- it's just when a "visitor" gets offensively offensive that the "goons" of the board come out to lay the smack down! ;)

**Goon -- I mean that in only the nicest way! :D

Hammy, Handyman, and WPOS must be closet Sioux fans because they are over here more than on POI.

C'mon... I have under 60 posts here in about 6 months. I average almost 3 posts a day in about 3 years time on POI for a total of a little under 3000...... do ya think you may be stretching it just a tad with your comment above?? :D

The way I interpreted the meaning of this thread (cause it's what I was thinking myself) had nothing to do with the "regular" Gopher posters who come by to talk Sioux hockey (and sometimes a little smack). We kind of even like some of you.

Rather, in the last day or two it does seem we've been inundated with newbie fans of other schools (look for the single digit numbers by their names) who want to talk about their school instead of UND in the UND hockey forum.

C'mon... I have under 60 posts here in about 6 months. I average almost 3 posts a day in about 3 years time on POI for a total of a little under 3000...... do ya think you may be stretching it just a tad with your comment above??  :p

:D

I admit I like this site quite a bit. The hockey talk is very good and it seems as long as you remain civil, non-Sioux posters are welcomed. This site seems very tolerable as long as one a) keeps the woofing to a minnimum, b) keeps it clean, and c) sticks to hockey - which I didn't do until I added this edit. But It's funny that Handy, Hammy, and WPoS are accused of being here and I'm probably the Gopher fan with the most posts. I guess I'm a ScottM wanna be of Siouxsports. ;)

I admit I like this site quite a bit. The hockey talk is very good and it seems as long as you remain civil, non-Sioux posters are welcomed. This site seems very tolerable as long as one a) keeps the woofing to a minnimum, b) keeps it clean, and c) sticks to hockey - which I didn't do until I added this edit. But It's funny that Handy, Hammy, and WPoS are accused of being here and I'm probably the Gopher fan with the most posts. I guess I'm a ScottM wanna be of Siouxsports. :D

Strange that so many new gopher posters have shown up here since the Gophers made the FF, and the Sioux were eliminated.

Maybe it's the Sioux Board thread that so many are posting on at POI???

Greyeagle -- see, we (Sioux fans that is) think of you as an "out-ed" Sioux fan -- you post reasonably, stick to the issues, etc.... while the Hammys (i.e. stirring the pot on the hobey thread), Handymans (i.e. last years run to uscho tattle) and WPOSs (i.e. what doesn't he do!) of the Gopher fan base are typical Gopher closet Sioux fans -- sort of like in 7th grade when you really, really like someone you do your best to annoy them so they pay attention to you. :p:D;)

Ok, I admit it, I saw the SiouxBoard thread on POI, and how could I not come take a look.

Now that I'm here, I like the layout and most of the topics. What do you do... go where the conversation is.

Plus, I've learned that the off-season discussions can be better than those where the team is still playing. This is in no way meant to be a rib against UND, its just that right now on POI all threads are about things other than the general game of hockey right now.

Over hear people are actually discussing hockey things, who's going to win the Hobey, which players are better, etc.

Strange that so many new gopher posters have shown up here since the Gophers made the FF, and the Sioux were eliminated.

Maybe it's the Sioux Board thread that so many are posting on at POI???

I think it is amazing that on 3 separate boards all you do is whine! Seriously did mommy not buy you your pony or something...take a pill and enjoy life sprig :D

And I spend nowhere near as much time here as I do on POI...I would but the emoticons on this site scare me! ;):p

Could care less what is posted on POI

Yeah, this coming from a guy who constantly cries because I rag on the Sioux at times on POI. Yeah, you really don't seem to care what is written over there, right? After all, why lurk and read a board if you aren't a little interested in what is written on it...... :D

Good job Handy. You hit the mark with this guy.