SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs the Gophers round 2 tonight.

Goon

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For passes, they need to start with short passes, rather than the ones 2/3rd's the way down the ice. As for ugly goals, they score 2 of them, than try to make it pretty for the last 30 seconds. Yes, Minnesota was pressing hard, but you have to find a way to get it to the net.

True. Like I said stick with what works, put the puck on net and get the ugly ones.

When the team waits until 16 min's into the 3rd to get energized, that is too little, too late. Congrats on FINALLY making the game interesting. However, as a whole, the game sucked. I hope they hear some of the fans' disappointment, because this team just doesn't seem to want it bad enough.

Since when did the Sioux stop shooting for #1 in the WCHA? Because, this year, they have blown it, yet again. Picked to win the league, this team looks like a #5 or #6 team. Really, that is a lousy performance in the first half, even given the level of competition. Great teams don't make excuses, they just perform.

When the team waits until 16 min's into the 3rd to get energized, that is too little, too late. Congrats on FINALLY making the game interesting. However, as a whole, the game sucked. I hope they hear some of the fans' disappointment, because this team just doesn't seem to want it bad enough.

It was both nights in this series that UND didn't really get into the game until the third period. On Friday night when I was at the game, I was thinking to myself that it was probably going to be either a 1-0 UND win or a 2-1 UM win. I had a feeling that Oshie was going to get a great goal and I was close because he set up a good one. I was surprised that UND managed to get four goals. With the pro UM reffing, it was very necessary for those goals...

Not to be the Sioux fan ref complainer guy, but that was a call that should have been made. This game should have possibly went to overtime.

Not getting that goal at that time would have completely changed the scope of the game. If that goal doesn't happen, everything changes and maybe UM doesn't get two more goals...

Could have been, but it still doesn't change the fact that we didn't deserve to win this game.

I will say that we didn't play to win tonite for sure. It truely was too little too late, they'll get the next weekend off heal up. Lets remember Osh and Genoway, two very key players, are nicked up. Then we'll beat up on New Hampshire, which I am pumped about being I get to make that series back home, and start building some second half momentum. Hold your heads up fellow fans. I'm going to bed.

After the first period I began to feel like this could be a blowout. Pretty discouraging considering the effort we had hoped to see tonite.

Could tell it wasn't our night with Frattin cooked Kangas but couldn't get his stick back on the puck to direct it in the open net. If you need further proof there's TJ missing the open net in the 3rd. Had to have those chances...

Don't understand the horrible passing/catching tonite. A couple times in the 3rd Sioux players were doing just short 10-15 foot passes to each other and the lead guy was having to bat the puck out of the air (these were situations that didn't require a saucer pass). Overall, if the pass was caught it was behind the guy and broke his momentum. If the pass was good it wasn't caught. Unreal ugliness.

Someone else asked about Duncan and I agree, but he wasn't the only one who looked bad. Most of the forwards and some defensemen share in that. Don't know who if anyone is nicked up but if they can't play let's at least put healthy bodies on the ice.

Nice flurry at the end to give the team a little something to remind them over the break of how you have to play to win games in this league. Hopefully they'll figure it out because these were 2 very important points to give up.

It's easier to accept a split but when you realize that the Sioux only played about 1 good period this weekend it's a very concerning.

Maybe Radke could have added a little fire to this series?

Maybe it is time to shake up the lines again, and sit a few folks. I'm not sure who. To be honest, I thought Duncan & Chorney had very poor games. Can you sit those guys? Probably not.

Not to be the Sioux fan ref complainer guy, but that was a call that should have been made. This game should have possibly went to overtime.

of course, and then a gopher fan would say that lammy should have had a five minute penalty for kicking. und clearly got the better of the missed calls.

On the pregame radio broadcast, they speculated that Radke might have been in the line up tonite to add some grit after last nights game. After last night's game, I thought that was a good idea. UM has some big boys out there, we could have used Radke's style of play to rough up UM players. Also, he could have gone out there and beat the crap out of someone and gotten a game misconduct and it wouldn't really hurt UND much. He could possibly take out an important UM player, a player that would probably be more important to UM than Radke is to UND. Also, what does it matter if Radke is suspended for the next game, he probably won't play in it anyways...

Radke needs to be in the lineup when we play MSU-Mankato...

Oh man, Now Woog is telling Marney,

"Give me a break, will ya? There should be a rule that you need to have a stick on the puck for a goal to count!" - obviously referring to our goal off a skate......

He's an old-school hockey guy. I don't blame him for having that opinion. But that's not the rule, so that's not how it's called.

of course, and then a gopher fan would say that lammy should have had a five minute penalty for kicking. und clearly got the better of the missed calls.

Wasn't even that good of a kick. Lammy needs some Chuck Norris training to get the ole' roundhouse going.

Good Lord, now you're starting to sound like Wooger. I could see giving Lammy two minutes on that, but guys get away with a lot more than that. It was basically a love tap, which is why the ref didn't do anything about that.

Gophers played better than the Sioux tonight (probably both nights) and got the win. Be happy, Happy, but don't start complaining about little bumps like that. This isn't Disney on Ice, nor do I think any of us want it to be.

Just got to my hotel after the game. Had a Goof fan in front of at the game that was by far the most obnoxiou fan of any sport I have ever seen. Other goof fans finally told him to shut up. He was screaming for a penalty against the Sioux in the third. He thought Finley should have been called for a Hold, obstruction and roughing all at the same time. He was an idiot.

My thoughtson the game. I thought the Sioux played their worst game all season and the goofs played thier best. I do not think they will be as lucky next time. Still a lot of season left no reason to hit the panic button. Even good teams have bad nights. This was just a bad night to have a bad night.