SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs the Gophers round 2 tonight.

Goon

Goofer fans were calling Phil a hack for that play over on Gopherlovefeast.com I will have to review the tape when I get home from work.

Yeah, cause Phil definitely got all of the Gopher on that kick. Mazacco was the first one to point out that the kick wasn't very hard, but Woog continued the rest of the night stating how he should be gone from the game.

EDIT: Goon, I originally thought you were talking about Oshie's goal. Phil kicking the Gopher was with 4:50 left in the first.

EDIT: Mazacco..."That kick wasn't going to do anyone any harm, no doubt about it."

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game last night, not drunk or drinking but I don't remember this big kicking motion that the Goofer fans are whinning about. Can someone tell me when that was so I can review it on the DVR?

Here's your halo...

Also, you may want to read up on your rulebook regarding offsides. Unfortunately, the way the rulebook is written, Wheeler was not offsides on the play that he scored his goal.

Here's your halo...

Also, you may want to read up on your rulebook regarding offsides. Unfortunately, the way the rulebook is written, Wheeler was not offsides on the play that he scored his goal.

Thank you mary sunshine.

Yeah, cause Phil definitely got all of the Gopher on that kick. Mazacco was the first one to point out that the kick wasn't very hard, but Woog continued the rest of the night stating how he should be gone from the game.

EDIT: Goon, I originally thought you were talking about Oshie's goal. Phil kicking the Gopher was with 4:50 left in the first.

EDIT: Mazacco..."That kick wasn't going to do anyone any harm, no doubt about it."

What period was that in? I just don't remember it. Seems as if it was really bad it would have stuck out more on the game.

It is better than the 4-7-1 start of last season. I think UND played for 26 1/2 minutes this weekend and got 2 points and almost pulled the game off last night. That is unsatisfactory. If the boys can't be ready to play against the Goofers they need to have their pulse checked. Minnesota is not a good team and they peed one down their leg last night.

I think UND should send the league office the tape where they missed a obvious offsides that lead to a goofer goal. That is unsatisfactory.

Finally; Campion is a horse bleep official, call me a :lol: I don't give an ef, the penalty on Wheeler dive was horrible. Unfortunately, the Sioux team gave up a goal before the power play. Campion was just waiting to call a penalty against UND. Also the reviewing of the goals was over the top. Everyone knows that Oshies goal off the skate was an obvious NON-kicking motion.

You would blame the officials ....wow

Alright, time for some thoughts on the weekend...and no one roll their eyes. I'll be objective as possible.

After watching the Gophers play on T.V. so far this year, i figured we were gonna see a team that was a lot worse than what we saw this weekend. They were pretty good. But pretty good is it. The sioux were outplayed for AT LEAST 105 of the 120 minutes this weekend. They were faster, worked harder, beat us to nearly EVERY foot race and were so so much stronger in the corners that it all most made me sick. If their defense played at about a 7 on the weekend, ours played at about a 2. No excuse for the odd-man rushes...if you try to pinch and miss the puck...take the body. Not hard. Bina is torched because of this frequently and is behind the play often. Finley played alright and he was the best on the ice tonight at D. And he only played alright.

The forwards are a mess. Vandy mentioned after the game that the sioux just weren't getting the bounces. Well...they were because had they not been getting the bounces it was a 4-0 game and not a 4-3 game. All three goals were on broken plays and fortunate bounces. Absolutely zero production from anyone but the Oshie line. Someone mentioned that a hurt Oshie is still the best forward for the Sioux and thats dead on. Some of these forwards are young..but not all. Miller isn't, Kaip isn't, Martens isn't, Kozek and Watkins aren't. Our forward group isn't very good and doesn't create anything. Couple that will an effort that left something to be desired and your just flat out screwed.

Good news? Plenty of time to right the ship. Yeah yea we've seen this before...their just building up for a late season run. But they don't have a Stafford and Travis Zajac from 05' or a healthy Toews for the stretch run like last year. And i stress Travis on the Zajac because Darcy was the worst player on the ice by leaps and bounds this weekend. Here's to turning it around and fast because we were awful fortunate for a split this weekend.

Rant Over

:lol:???:sad:???

First period. And honestly Goon, I'm convinced Dean has a man-crush on you! :lol:

Those two dolts Dean and SoooHockey are obessed I guess. Ok so I messed up the call on the offsides but so did many other people in this thread but these two skippies decided to call me out. If those two skippies/trolls would like me to walk them through it line by line I will show them who else blamed the officials for missing an offsides call.

Those two dolts Dean and SoooHockey are obessed I guess. Ok so I messed up the call on the offsides but so did many other people in this thread but these two skippies decided to call me out. If those two skippies/trolls would like me to walk them through it line by line I will show them who else blamed the officials for missing an offsides call.

Awww, isn't that a special little rant. Better go tell mommy. BTW, who is P.J. Lamoureaux?

Have you relooked at the offsides. Don't have it recorded, it certainly looked way offside to me, well before the goal was scored. Sioux quit temporarily as the puck was carried in, obviously they saw the Gopher well inside the blueline.

I'd like to see it put up on youtube. Certainly won't take one of the Gopher's on this board's word for it.

I already ready told you!!! He was your sisters 'date' (one of several) last night!! What's the matter, doesn't she remember their names??

You already ready told me? I see that your education has done you wonders. I should point out, however, I don't have a sister. You must have me confused with somebody else. :lol:

Have you relooked at the offsides. Don't have it recorded, it certainly looked way offside to me, well before the goal was scored. Sioux quit temporarily as the puck was carried in, obviously they saw the Gopher well inside the blueline.

Dean is a hockey expert and apparently is a know it all guru, so lets point out a few things for him, since it is tough being right all the time and casting stones. This from our own hockey beat writer, and I like his works but I am just pointing out the facts.

Minnesota 2, UND 1 -- Blake Wheeler (Derek Peltier) 18:45. The linesman misses an offsides call and eventually Peltier makes a nice pass to Wheeler from the left point. Wheeler, cutting downt the slot, re-directed the puck into the net.

You already ready told me? I see that your education has done you wonders. I should point out, however, I don't have a sister. You must have me confused with somebody else. :sad:

So that wasn't your 'sister'!! ??? No wonder she didn't remember your name. :lol:

Dean is a hockey expert and apparently is a know it all guru, so lets point out a few things for him, since it is tough being right all the time and casting stones. This from our own hockey beat writer, and I like his works but I am just pointing out the facts.

It's about time you realize that I'm a hockey expert. Apparently Dave Hakstol agrees with the assessment of the supposed "non-offsides" call: Said Sioux coach Dave Hakstol: "Our guy brought it in. It was a good call."

It's about time you realize that I'm a hockey expert. Apparently Dave Hakstol agrees with the assessment of the supposed "non-offsides" call: Said Sioux coach Dave Hakstol: "Our guy brought it in. It was a good call."

Take a look at it again. It's at the 1:25 point of the first period. It hit Barribal in the head and then Wheeler brought it in. There was a Sioux player right on him, but Wheeler had control when he brought it in the zone. You're far from being a hockey expert, and with your obvious education level, you'd think you'd review the play you're arguing, rather than just taking someone's word for it.

1. Hakstol criticizes the officials and gets fined. I don't think UND needs any more contraversy even of the most minor of varieties these days.

2. Uh... Woog, Masucko, and everyone in the world called it offsides. If Gopher homers are calling it offsides, then there's something to the allegations, don't you think?

Oh, and let's pretend it was correctly called and the game went into OT. I'm pretty darn certain the best UND could have hoped for in that scenario was a tie. They weren't going to win it with the crap they put on the ice last night regardless, so it's a moot point.

I can't take seriously anyone who would list Kaip and Watkins as disappointing or lacking in effort. They play their roles terrifically and have chipped in on the scoresheet as well. The team disappointed this weekend, no doubt, but Captain Kaip shows his leadership on the ice every shift.

By the way, Oshie was really nicked up. Couldn't do a thing with the puck in practice all week, from what I heard.

MN was just really good this weekend. When they get Carman back, they'll go on a good run and have a good shot at third in the league, behind the Colorados.

UND's goaltending should keep them in the top five, but until they actually sweep someone, it's hard to see them in third. The next two games are absolutely crucial for qualifying for the NCAAs.

Oshie didn't seem to want to hit anyone last night either.

Just watched the replay several times of the Wheeler goal (MN's #2 goal on the night).

The puck hits Barriball who then skates into the zone offside. The puck bounces out in neutral zone where a Sioux player does play it back toward his own zone. The key is that there is a Gopher player right there as well, and right before/at the blue line may have carried the puck into the zone.

Since Barriball was already over the line, IF the Gopher player touched that puck and took it into the zone it would be offsides. However, it was tough to tell in the angle I watched. I only watched the live version, so didn't watch any of the replays which might have helped to tell for sure.

However, in real life this actually became a very very close call, and one where you I don't think you can blame the ref for calling it either way, because it was just that close.

1. Hakstol criticizes the officials and gets fined. I don't think UND needs any more contraversy even of the most minor of varieties these days.

2. Uh... Woog, Masucko, and everyone in the world called it offsides. If Gopher homers are calling it offsides, then there's something to the allegations, don't you think?

Oh, and let's pretend it was correctly called and the game went into OT. I'm pretty darn certain the best UND could have hoped for in that scenario was a tie. They weren't going to win it with the crap they put on the ice last night regardless, so it's a moot point.

God dang it stop bringing facts to the argument. :lol:

I think he was playing injured. I think that he left the ice twice and went directly down the tunnel. The last time was just after I saw him take a hit and he was shaking his hand/arm afterwards. If some of our players played as well as an injured Oshie did last night, we may have won the game.

Just watched the replay several times of the Wheeler goal (MN's #2 goal on the night).

The puck hits Barriball who then skates into the zone offside. The puck bounces out in neutral zone where a Sioux player does play it back toward his own zone. The key is that there is a Gopher player right there as well, and right before/at the blue line may have carried the puck into the zone.

Since Barriball was already over the line, IF the Gopher player touched that puck and took it into the zone it would be offsides. However, it was tough to tell in the angle I watched. I only watched the live version, so didn't watch any of the replays which might have helped to tell for sure.However, in real life this actually became a very very close call, and one where you I don't think you can blame the ref for calling it either way, because it was just that close.

I watched the replays several times and it was clearly offsides. There is no way anybody can even argue otherwise.