SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs the Gophers round 2 tonight.

Goon

I watched the replays several times and it was clearly offsides. There is no way anybody can even argue otherwise.

I don't know which replay of which game you're watching, but it's very arguable. It's very tough to tell who played it into the zone. The Sioux player hits the puck, but Wheeler's stick is right there as well. Wheeler takes control of it as soon as the puck comes into the zone, but the question is who hit the puck into the zone. If the Sioux hit it into the zone, it's a fair puck.

EDIT: My personal feeling is that the play was offside, but it's very difficult to tell.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the replays several times and it was clearly offsides. There is no way anybody can even argue otherwise.

Ah, not according to a few of the so called self appointed experts. Youre probably going to be called a :lol: as well...

I think he was playing injured. I think that he left the ice twice and went directly down the tunnel. The last time was just after I saw him take a hit and he was shaking his hand/arm afterwards. If some of our players played as well as an injured Oshie did last night, we may have won the game.

Watkins took a good shot as well last night (looked like his tigh) and came off the ice only to return.

I can't take seriously anyone who would list Kaip and Watkins as disappointing or lacking in effort. They play their roles terrifically and have chipped in on the scoresheet as well. The team disappointed this weekend, no doubt, but Captain Kaip shows his leadership on the ice every shift.

By the way, Oshie was really nicked up. Couldn't do a thing with the puck in practice all week, from what I heard.

MN was just really good this weekend. When they get Carman back, they'll go on a good run and have a good shot at third in the league, behind the Colorados.

UND's goaltending should keep them in the top five, but until they actually sweep someone, it's hard to see them in third. The next two games are absolutely crucial for qualifying for the NCAAs.

I agree. I also question those who question Kozek's effort thus far this year. His actions baffled me at the end of the second period last night, but take that away and he's been very consistent all season long. And, believe it or not, he currently has more goals (6) than Duncan (5)!

If Kozek continues to play the way he has so far for the rest of the season, he'll be UND's most improved player hands down...and that's saying a lot considering how well Finley and Kaip have played.

Just got home from the trip, and I have a question for you Sioux fans, because this is still boggling my mind. Cardinal and myself made the trip up there and went to the Sioux Booster lunch, we thought it was going to be a lunch where both coaches spoke so boy did we feel dumb being the only Gopher fans there. :lol: The band started playing the Minnesota rouser and everyone there stood up and started clapping along with it?:sad:?? Was anyone else there that can explain that too me.

A couple of good battles as usual this weekend, I really thought the Sioux were going to come back and take it last night with the Gophers record in the 3rd period, a big win for Kangas as a frosh in by far his biggest game of the season at the Ralph. I didn't really see the Sioux's 3rd goal replay, it looked to me like there was a man in the crease but I'm assuming he was pushed in by a Gopher player?

Had a fun time as usual up there. Talked with some real nice Sioux fans over the weekend. Boy, if I had a dime for everytime I heard Holy Cross Friday night I could have paid all my bar tabs. ???

FHG:

You've got to realize that we have alot of fans that take more pride in a Holy Cross win over your team, than cheering on and being proud of our team. It only conveys a certain envy with those fans. Sad, really that these same fans have such a complex considering our team has such a proud and rich history.

Boy, if I had a dime for every time I heard Holy Cross Friday night I could have paid all my bar tabs. :lol:

Fire Helmet guy #26 I can tell you why the Holy Cross loss is funny to a lot of Sioux hockey fans.

~First off if you were at the KFAN remote at the I-29 saloon the day of the HOLY CROSS game Wooger said, "there was no way that Minnesota was going to lose that game." If I remember right U of MN were talking about how they were going to beat the Sioux in the regional championship game, even the Gopher fan base looked past Holy Cross. I had a feeling that the Gophers were doomed from the start, it is all about attitude. So pardon us if we enjoy the Holy Cross win. It's funny. I enjoy every time the Packers Lose too in football too, that's life. After the Holy Cross game I had some clown come up to me in the bathroom and say, but we would have won, I said Skippy your team is already on the bus going home. Your team is done. This clown says again, "but we would have won."

~It was all the stupid comments Gopher fans say about REA being Marriucci West; what ever fine... Lets not mention that UND is has won 3 out of 4 at the John, so it goes both ways. Its a combination of many things, that piss Sioux fans off. A lot of people that live in ND are from the country and don't take too kindly to comments about tractors and ND people being a bunch of Hicks. I live 2 miles from where I work, you can have the traffic jams and the traffic if you want, I will take the quiet life. No one that I know has a mullets or drives a John Deer tractor. Those folks are way out of my social stratus.

~If you take away the cities Minnesota, Out state Minnesota is very much the same as ND. A lot of Sioux fans see Minnesota as a program that oozes arrogance. Heck I just got done listening to the broadcast of last night game and every thing that Frank Masacco says is a slam or a cut at UND or what ever program is playing the Gophers. They should just put a pair of pom poms on Frank.

~Every Gopher fan that I come in contact with or that I am friends with spews the same crap, I was wondering if they sell a manual for being a Gopher fan: 25 old year old canadians, UND is a bunch of goons. Carey Eades was the biggest hack.

Bottom line I just think it is funny.

Edited by Goon

Fire Helmet guy #26 I can tell you why the Holy Cross loss is funny to a lot of Sioux hockey fans.

~First off if you were at the KFAN remote at the I-29 saloon the day of the HOLY CROSS game Wooger said, "there was no way that Minnesota was going to lose that game." If I remember right U of MN were talking about how they were going to beat the Sioux in the regional championship game, even the Gopher fan base looked past Holy Cross. I had a feeling that the Gophers were doomed from the start, it is all about attitude. So pardon us if we enjoy the Holy Cross win. It's funny. I enjoy every time the Packers Lose too in football too, that's life. After the Holy Cross game I had some clown come up to me in the bathroom and say, but we would have won, I said Skippy your team is already on the bus going home. Your team is done. This clown says again, "but we would have won."

~It was all the stupid comments Gopher fans say about REA being Marriucci West; what ever fine... Lets not mention that UND is has won 3 out of 4 at the John, so it goes both ways. Its a combination of many things, that piss Sioux fans off. A lot of people that live in ND are from the country and don't take too kindly to comments about tractors and ND people being a bunch of Hicks. I live 2 miles from where I work, you can have the traffic jams and the traffic if you want, I will take the quiet life. No one that I know has a mullets or drives a John Deer tractor. Those folks are way out of my social stratus.

~If you take away the cities Minnesota, Out state Minnesota is very much the same as ND. A lot of Sioux fans see Minnesota as a program that oozes arrogance. Heck I just got done listening to the broadcast of last night game and every thing that Frank Masacco says is a slam or a cut at UND or what ever program is playing the Gophers. They should just put a pair of pom poms on Frank.

~Every Gopher fan that I come in contact with or that I am friends with spews the same crap, I was wondering if they sell a manual for being a Gopher fan: 25 old year old canadians, UND is a bunch of goons. Carey Eades was the biggest hack.

Bottom line I just think it is funny.

I was just posting that I thought it was funny. ??? I still remember that day as well, and if you ask the people I went to the game with (Bert, Cardinal) they would tell you the same thing, I was nervous before the game as well......and I had a bad feeling already a couple minutes into the game. I don't know why alot of Gophers fans thought it was going to be an automatic win either, it's the playoffs so obviously teams in the playoffs are good so no one should be overlooked.

I think he was playing injured. I think that he left the ice twice and went directly down the tunnel. The last time was just after I saw him take a hit and he was shaking his hand/arm afterwards. If some of our players played as well as an injured Oshie did last night, we may have won the game.

Yes, Oshie was playing injured. I wasn't meaning to be critical, only to point out that he was very limited.

I've watched it now several times both live action and various replay angles and I think it was probably knocked in by the Sioux player. That said, even if the Gopher player did touch it after the Sioux player, therefore bringing it into the zone, it's such a close call I can accept that the linesman missed it because it was so close. I can't complain.

Just got home from the trip, and I have a question for you Sioux fans, because this is still boggling my mind. Cardinal and myself made the trip up there and went to the Sioux Booster lunch, we thought it was going to be a lunch where both coaches spoke so boy did we feel dumb being the only Gopher fans there. :lol: The band started playing the Minnesota rouser and everyone there stood up and started clapping along with it?:sad:?? Was anyone else there that can explain that too me.

A couple of good battles as usual this weekend, I really thought the Sioux were going to come back and take it last night with the Gophers record in the 3rd period, a big win for Kangas as a frosh in by far his biggest game of the season at the Ralph. I didn't really see the Sioux's 3rd goal replay, it looked to me like there was a man in the crease but I'm assuming he was pushed in by a Gopher player?

Had a fun time as usual up there. Talked with some real nice Sioux fans over the weekend. Boy, if I had a dime for everytime I heard Holy Cross Friday night I could have paid all my bar tabs. ???

Everytime I've been to one of those booster lunches the opposing coach speaks. I don't ever recall the opposing school song being played, however. Maybe they were just being polite. You know, the small town Norwegian thing.

I've watched it now several times both live action and various replay angles and I think it was probably knocked in by the Sioux player. That said, even if the Gopher player did touch it after the Sioux player, therefore bringing it into the zone, it's such a close call I can accept that the linesman missed it because it was so close. I can't complain.

Hakstol said after the game it was a good call because a UND player carried the puck into the zone.

Hakstol said after the game it was a good call because a UND player carried the puck into the zone.

I am sure tha Hak is going to say that the refs blew the call. I watched probably 10 times and It does appear that it was a blown call.

That being said the boys didn't stop the puck from going in.

I am sure tha Hak is going to say that the refs blew the call.

You can think whatever you want, but he was quite adamant the it was a good call. Usually he won't make any comment about officiating, even when you can tell that he's not happy about it. Hak was more ticked that a Sioux player brought the puck in when it should have been chipped out.

You can think whatever you want, but he was quite adamant the it was a good call. Usually he won't make any comment about officiating, even when you can tell that he's not happy about it. Hak was more ticked that a Sioux player brought the puck in when it should have been chipped out.

I think we could talk about a few plays that could have been played better this weekend. I think this was UND's worse hockey of the season. I think a bad note to end the first half of the season on.

Those two dolts Dean and SoooHockey are obessed I guess. Ok so I messed up the call on the offsides but so did many other people in this thread but these two skippies decided to call me out. If those two skippies/trolls would like me to walk them through it line by line I will show them who else blamed the officials for missing an offsides call.

I see a pattern to these (guys :lol) Dean head man crush leafsboy asst. man crush and you SoooHockey you are the 2nd asst man crush boy!

Add to that the Gopher fan base kept spewing that the Sioux were overlooking Michigan and may not make it to the finals to play the Gophers.

I can't take seriously anyone who would list Kaip and Watkins as disappointing or lacking in effort. They play their roles terrifically and have chipped in on the scoresheet as well. The team disappointed this weekend, no doubt, but Captain Kaip shows his leadership on the ice every shift.

By the way, Oshie was really nicked up. Couldn't do a thing with the puck in practice all week, from what I heard.

MN was just really good this weekend. When they get Carman back, they'll go on a good run and have a good shot at third in the league, behind the Colorados.

UND's goaltending should keep them in the top five, but until they actually sweep someone, it's hard to see them in third. The next two games are absolutely crucial for qualifying for the NCAAs.

I gotta agree with everything you say here. I think both Kaip and Watkins had pretty decent weekends. I thought Trupp was probably our best forward friday night and I thought Watkins was our best on Saturday. He seemed to have by far the most jump out of any of the forwards.

I believe Oshie was playing at somewhere between 50 and 60% this weekend. When he was going down to block some point shots on Saturday night, you could plainly see that he was having more and more trouble getting up. It was quite obvious he was hurting.

I have seen all but a few MN games this year and I thought that was far and away their best weekend of hockey. They seemed to be a totally different team than the one I have seen in previous weeks. In previous weeks, I thought they were being outplayed by teams such as Michigan Tech and AA and in the case of the Michigan Tech series were lucky to get two points as opposed to this weekend were I believe that the Sioux were very lucky to get two points.

I don't know why alot of Gophers fans thought it was going to be an automatic win either, it's the playoffs so obviously teams in the playoffs are good so no one should be overlooked.

If it hadn't been for a four-minute flurry last year, the Gophers would have been eliminated by Air Force. Good call...any given tournament game, anything can happen, whether it be Ferris State, Mercyhurst (who almost upset Michigan several years ago in Yost), Holy Cross, or Niagara.