SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs the Gophers round 2 tonight.

Goon

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kozek is so f'n cool for that.

I disagree with that. He'll get a penalty for that, putting us shorthanded to start the 3rd period. I don't know if he was frustrated (which is what it looked like) or trying to get the team going. If he wants to get the team going, he needs to come out with a big, clean hit.

Just to save Lammy's stats, I say put Walski in.

This game is lost. Pathetic. VERY pathetic.

I bet Kozek is gone for the game. Malone and LaPoint will be serving time to start the period.

Seriously, even with these guys sitting its not like:

1. We can complete a pass

2. We can stop turnovers

3. We can give Lammy the Team D he needs

4. We can beat the Gophers to the puck

5. We can cycle the puck (see #1)

Maybe we can make this third period interesting. But, as far as I'm concerned, this game's in the books.

Good win by the Gophers.

Disagree with me on my stance on that last 3 seconds of play, but I think that is gonna get the crowd going, the players pissed and hopefully they'll come out with a big chip on there shoulder and turn it around.

I will say this though. We have to quit putting the whole game on Lammy's back, he can only carry us for so long.

So for my personal explanation as to why the Sioux have a tought time the first half each season:

In high school I ran track and for the first part of the season, we would train through those early season meets, meaning we would do tough workouts even thought we knew we had meets in a couple days. This kept us from running as fast as we could at meets in the beginning, but paid dividends towards the end of the season when it mattered. We were far better conditioned because we didn't back down at the beginning. I think the Sioux may do something similar. Tough early season practices pay off later. It may mean tired legs and lazy passes now, but it's paid off every year with a late season run...

maybe...