SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs the Gophers round 2 tonight.

Goon

Fair enough, although we kill the penalty and momentum shifts. God I love competition, sorry if I'm coming across as an Ahole.

I hope I'm wrong and have to eat my words. However, this team doesn't seem to have the ability to overcome these big deficits. When we score big, it's usually a tie game to begin with.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in the hell cannot this team put on two ... at least decent performances on a weekend? Jesus, I can't wait until January when they finally get their asses in gear ... :lol:

I'm actually probably more worried about this team than the past two years teams. I just don't think this years team isn't as talented as those teams were. Yes, we still have Oshie and Duncan, and we have some other players who can play darn good hockey, but teams are figuring out this team pretty easy. I'm not convinced we'll make the 2nd half run that we have in the past few years. Again, I hope I'm wrong and have to eat my words. Hak's proved a lot of people wrong before, and I hope he does again this year.

I'm actually probably more worried about this team than the past two years teams. I just don't think this years team isn't as talented as those teams were. Yes, we still have Oshie and Duncan, and we have some other players who can play darn good hockey, but teams are figuring out this team pretty easy. I'm not convinced we'll make the 2nd half run that we have in the past few years. Again, I hope I'm wrong and have to eat my words. Hak's proved a lot of people wrong before, and I hope he does again this year.

This team should be dominating teams in its own house. There's a reason the Minnesota fans call REA "Mariucci West". My January comment was a poke at those who keep waiting for this team to resurrect itself each January-February to slouch into the Final Five and/or tourney.

Win or lose this one, the Sioux have put together barely 1 good period of hockey, while the Gophs played 4+. What a difference a day makes. Yesterday, the gophs season was on the downturn. Today, it's the Sioux. A long holiday break to think about how crappy they played this weekend in front of the fans.

taz