SiouxSports.com Forum

PA & Dubay Show...

richthorpe

I know what you mean. I'm a big baseball fan and I'm sick of being forced to watch the Cubs on WGN and the Braves on TBS. They should show a wider variety of teams being they are broadcast nationally.

There is a difference between the 2. TBS and WGN are local stations in those cities, thus making it an obvious choice to broadcast only home team games. Or it was that way until TBS lost their minds. The regional FSN's are for regional coverage. I don't really think they should have a home team in sports with other teams competing in the same region but I really don't care.

There is a difference between the 2. TBS and WGN are local stations in those cities, thus making it an obvious choice to broadcast only home team games.

IIRC the stations you mention are owned by the same companies who owned the baseball teams you cite. TBS=Turner=Braves and WGN=Chicago Tribune=Cubs. The baseball teams have now been (or are being) sold, so things will likely change.

They should call him Powder Puff because he is always complaining about the weather. My niece has lived in Florida all her life and came up here a few years back at Christmas, and she never complained about the weather. I like the fact that we get our worst weather when Puffy is in town, it's why we live here, it keeps Riff-raff like Dubay away except for weekends he has to be here. As for Woog, I can deal with his homerism because he is an upbeat guy, the person I can't deal with is Dan Terhaar for the Minnesota Wild. I finally had to turn off the sound when watching the Wild so I didn't have to hear "No Call" in a whining voice. He could take many pointers from the Hockey Night in Canada announcers. How Terhaar got that job is beyond me. He wasn't a good announcer when he was in Grand Forks and he sure hasn't improved much since. He is like the fans that call for a penalty everytime someone from their team is knocked down. His partner Golberg isn't much better, but at least he has a little objectivity. Being a homer is one thing, but no objectivity at all is beyond listening to.

They should call him Powder Puff because he is always complaining about the weather. My niece has lived in Florida all her life and came up here a few years back at Christmas, and she never complained about the weather. I like the fact that we get our worst weather when Puffy is in town, it's why we live here, it keeps Riff-raff like Dubay away except for weekends he has to be here. As for Woog, I can deal with his homerism because he is an upbeat guy, the person I can't deal with is Dan Terhaar for the Minnesota Wild. I finally had to turn off the sound when watching the Wild so I didn't have to hear "No Call" in a whining voice. He could take many pointers from the Hockey Night in Canada announcers. How Terhaar got that job is beyond me. He wasn't a good announcer when he was in Grand Forks and he sure hasn't improved much since. He is like the fans that call for a penalty everytime someone from their team is knocked down. His partner Golberg isn't much better, but at least he has a little objectivity. Being a homer is one thing, but no objectivity at all is beyond listening to.

When I am listening to a game of a team that I am a fan of I don't care if the announcer is a homer, it is part of his job. I don't care if an sports announcers sees the game from the other side of the coin, I don't need my announcer to give the other team props. Tim Hennesy is one of the best announcers in College hockey, I could care less if he is a homer. As far as the Wild Annoucers I think they are pretty good, in my humble opinion. The Wild announcers are paid by the wild to call the game.

The other night I listened to the Philly announcers as they called the game against the Wild and they were just as bad of homers as you said the Wild ones are. Its just a sports thing. As for the Gophers you have to expect that Woog and Masucko are going to call the game with pro-maroon and gold goggles. If you don't like it just turn down the sound.

Just caught Woog on KFAN. This is MY INTERPRETATION of what he said:

Said the Sioux don't give up too many goals and the Gophs don't score. He thinks it will be tough for them to score more than 2-3 each night.

He also said our top 4 D are probably stronger than MN's first one. By "strong" it wasn't clear if he was talking physical strength or just skill/ability.

Anderson and Wehrs (3rd D pair) will struggle in a small rink. If they have to kill a lot of penalties it could be tough for MN's depth on D.

Woog suggested that Schack might be put on the ice to even up the physicality, and seemed to imply that if the Sioux are having their way with the Gophers Shack might have to go out and try to even things up, and if they lose his availability for later in the game he will still have done his job.

UND's played the best goalies in the WCHA. That's one reason for the low scoring offense.

MN is not a team blessed with a lot of depth. PP horrible. Goaltending average, Offense only ok. Fairchild isn't the brightest player but great physically. Thinks Don might be accepting that this may not be their year.

Thinks Okposo will get better in the 2nd half when Carman takes over center.

Not too many guys finish checks throughout the game. Maybe for a period or 2 but not 20 of them for a whole game. Not great on the forecheck.

Said the Sioux don't give up too many goals and the Gophs don't score. He thinks it will be tough for them to score more than 2-3 each night.

He also said our top 4 D are probably stronger than MN's first one. By "strong" it wasn't clear if he was talking physical strength or just skill/ability.

Anderson and Wehrs (3rd D pair) will struggle in a small rink. If they have to kill a lot of penalties it could be tough for MN's depth on D.

Woog suggested that Schack might be put on the ice to even up the physicality, and seemed to imply that if the Sioux are having their way with the Gophers Shack might have to go out and try to even things up, and if they lose his availability for later in the game he will still have done his job.

UND's played the best goalies in the WCHA. That's one reason for the low scoring offense.

MN is not a team blessed with a lot of depth. PP horrible. Goaltending average, Offense only ok. Fairchild isn't the brightest player but great physically. Thinks Don might be accepting that this may not be their year.

Not too many guys finish checks throughout the game. Maybe for a period or 2 but not 20 of them for a whole game. Not great on the forecheck.

I also thought I heard him say that the Gophers might have to resort to a "left wing lock" on the forecheck.

First a LWLock - a Trap can't be too far behind. ;)

With their D and our team speed, it might be the only way they can stay in the game.

Mike Eaves would be proud.

I listened to him as well...that pretty much sums up what he said. Go Blais!! ha ha

I also thought I heard him say that the Gophers might have to resort to a "left wing lock" on the forecheck.

First a LWLock - a Trap can't be too far behind. ;)

With their D and our team speed, it might be the only way they can stay in the game.

Mike Eaves would be proud.

Great another team playing trap. We will see if the Gophers resort to hooking, holding and obstruction.

Hakstol was just on the show...I just tuned in and missed it...anyone know what was said?

In the immortal PCM paraphrase mode:

Hak: Hak is very happy with his team. Two Sat. home games were the only problems. Every other game was good, just didn't get all the results.

PA: Is it fair to say if you shut down Oshie and Duncan you can beat UND?

Hak: Not fair. Not at all. You will have to see UND to appreciate how great we are.

Dubay: Blah.. Blah...

Hak: It's nice having a great senior goalie. The Denver series was great goaltending, one night Manino got the win, the second night PHIL got the win.

Kind of like the Gopher post game show @ the Ralph after Holy Cross embarrassed them, anyone remember watching this on TV? I think Wooger had tears in his eyes...

...speaking of that, has anyone ever researched Woog's coaching career versus UND??? I can't recall and can't find a link to it, but imagine losing to the same rival school in nearly every significant game a coach can have

I believe in his 14 years he was 36-25-6

T. Hennesey is as big a homer as anyone that is for sure!

I like him because he always tells it like it is....when the SIoux are not playing up to par, he says it. He also does give credit where it's deserved. He was talking about how wheeler scored a nice goal, and gave the goofs credit for some of the things that transpired tonight.

I just like the "no bull$%!#" type of guy he is......and that makes him interesting to listen to!!

thanks TH for all the hard work you do!! ;)

I like him because he always tells it like it is....when the SIoux are not playing up to par, he says it. He also does give credit where it's deserved. He was talking about how wheeler scored a nice goal, and gave the goofs credit for some of the things that transpired tonight.

I just like the "no bull$%!#" type of guy he is......and that makes him interesting to listen to!!

thanks TH for all the hard work you do!! ;)

I like it when he hacks on the refs, Tim says it like he sees it... I remember Hennesy talking about how the refs rode back on the Sioux bus from MTU to duluth one time. I guess it was uncomfortable.

I like it when he hacks on the refs, Tim says it like he sees it... I remember Hennesy talking about how the refs rode back on the Sioux bus from MTU to duluth one time. I guess it was uncomfortable.

That would be great. Make them sit between Radke and Jones.

That would be great. Make them sit between Radke and Jones.

No kidding. I wonder if we will see Radke tonight? It would seem to be an appropriate response to send him out there.

Not to stir the pot or anything but it could be very entertaining.

In the immortal PCM paraphrase mode:

Hak: Hak is very happy with his team. Two Sat. home games were the only problems. Every other game was good, just didn't get all the results.

PA: Is it fair to say if you shut down Oshie and Duncan you can beat UND?

Hak: Not fair. Not at all. You will have to see UND to appreciate how great we are.

Dubay: Blah.. Blah...

Hak: It's nice having a great senior goalie. The Denver series was great goaltending, one night Manino got the win, the second night PHIL got the win.

"Wow! What a great stop UND's top-line and they are beatable mind." 4-2 UND win with no points from the top line. That is why PA (and Dubay) are worhtless from 9-12 during the week. Talk about 2 that drink that Cities kool-aid.

"Wow! What a great stop UND's top-line and they are beatable mind." 4-2 UND win with no points from the top line. That is why PA (and Dubay) are worhtless from 9-12 during the week. Talk about 2 that drink that Cities kool-aid.

Hey good catch on stopping the top line. Last night Oshie VV were the only ones that got points from the DOV line and the slack was picked up by the other lines.

I had never seen or heard Dubay before the FSN after show last night.

He talked about how he thought that UND had only the one line, and that even though Hakstol told him differently, he still believed that.

I wonder if he realized that all four Sioux goals were scored by people not named Oshie, Duncan, or VV? ;)