SiouxSports.com Forum

PA & Dubay Show...

richthorpe

So who is going to the show Friday AM?

Me and Jon will be there, were gonna bring the sled's up...

28 miles round trip

I'm not able to attend due to work, but 4 friends are going decked in Sioux gear. With Friday being reading and review day, you would think a few students might attend being they don't have class.

Like Rich T said we will be there from 9-noon. Should be a good time we will see if they have the black jack tables open???

Esox

We stop in and have the steak and eggs special but stay away from the bloodys and screwdrivers because we normally have to work. We are trying to work on getting everything done tomorrow so we can fully participate this year. Just don't think I need to drink all day, been there and done that too may times. Sure is a good time though, lots of loud drunk people at 9 AM, and PA and Dubay like to get the the crowd fired up.

Rich T and Esox, you are the same guys from fishingbuddy correct? I was out fishing last weekend. No fish but we at least tried.

That's why you go and razz the sob's!

Kind of like the Gopher post game show @ the Ralph after Holy Cross embarrassed them, anyone remember watching this on TV? I think Wooger had tears in his eyes...

...speaking of that, has anyone ever researched Woog's coaching career versus UND??? I can't recall and can't find a link to it, but imagine losing to the same rival school in nearly every significant game a coach can have

Kind of like the Gopher post game show @ the Ralph after Holy Cross embarrassed them, anyone remember watching this on TV? I think Wooger had tears in his eyes...

...speaking of that, has anyone ever researched Woog's coaching career versus UND??? I can't recall and can't find a link to it, but imagine losing to the same rival school in nearly every significant game a coach can have

Exactly like that. I was in the crowd standing out there giving those guys crap the entire time. I am pretty sure that is one of the worst experiences ever for Doug .

Exactly like that. I was in the crowd standing out there giving those guys crap the entire time. I am pretty sure that is one of the worst experiences ever for Doug .

I don't know, the guy was pretty much the definition of mediocre... when Lucia took the team to the Nat'l championship was probably the worst experience for Doug.

Didn't Wooger guarantee a Gopher victory? Something like that was the only guaranteed game in the tourney.

We (my wife, brother-in-law, & buddies) ran into Wooger in between periods of the Sioux/Michigan game right after the Holy Cross win. We were all decked out in Sioux gear (including green wigs) but he gave us a smile as we put our arms around him for a picture. Dang, wish I could find that picture. Wasn't on my camera.

Didn't Wooger guarantee a Gopher victory? Something like that was the only guaranteed game in the tourney.

We (my wife, brother-in-law, & buddies) ran into Wooger in between periods of the Sioux/Michigan game right after the Holy Cross win. We were all decked out in Sioux gear (including green wigs) but he gave us a smile as we put our arms around him for a picture. Dang, wish I could find that picture. Wasn't on my camera.

No question Wooger is a big time homer and fun to poke fun at, but in person, he's pretty funny and a good guy. I've had a couple experiences playing golf and sitting at his table during a gopher luncheon and it was priceless. Give him a couple beers and look out!

No question Wooger is a big time homer and fun to poke fun at, but in person, he's pretty funny and a good guy. I've had a couple experiences playing golf and sitting at his table during a gopher luncheon and it was priceless. Give him a couple beers and look out!

I like Woog. He's a good color guy and I think he's pretty fair in his assessments. His knowledge of the game is tremendous and he has the ability to explain his thoughts in a very understandable way. Yes, he's a Gopher fan--it certainly is understandable as their former coach--- but he tries to be objective and gives praise to opposing teams and players where justified, and criticism to the Gophers when justified. I have a lot more problem with Frank Mazocco (sp?) who is not only a big time homer, but really does not have the knowledge that Woog has. The worst is Kevin Lerg. He's biased towards anything Twin Cities and is annoying.

I like Woog. He's a good color guy and I think he's pretty fair in his assessments. His knowledge of the game is tremendous and he has the ability to explain his thoughts in a very understandable way. Yes, he's a Gopher fan--it certainly is understandable as their former coach--- but he tries to be objective and gives praise to opposing teams and players where justified, and criticism to the Gophers when justified. I have a lot more problem with Frank Mazocco (sp?) who is not only a big time homer, but really does not have the knowledge that Woog has. The worst is Kevin Lerg. He's biased towards anything Twin Cities and is annoying.

I very much agree on Woog.

Aren't hometown announcers usually homers? I don't like it, but it happens everywhere.

But isn't FSN "north" broadcast throughout the upper midwest? I'd feel much better if they called it FSN "minneapolis" so there is some justification for the gopher love affair, otherwise show other schools that the station broadcasts to, I would rather watch other WCHA games that do not involve gophers.

But isn't FSN "north" broadcast throughout the upper midwest? I'd feel much better if they called it FSN "minneapolis" so there is some justification for the gopher love affair, otherwise show other schools that the station broadcasts to, I would rather watch other WCHA games that do not involve gophers.

I know what you mean. I'm a big baseball fan and I'm sick of being forced to watch the Cubs on WGN and the Braves on TBS. They should show a wider variety of teams being they are broadcast nationally.

If you have fcs you can get the DU and SCSU series this weekend as well... Goofer fans will tell you that Masucko and Wooger are paid by the University of Minnesota so that is why your going to get that in your face over the top cheer team broadcasts.