SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers

Let'sGoHawks!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gonna be a great series and a great weekend. Sioux-Gopher hockey is the most intense and most exciting rivalry in all of college sport. At least as far as I am concerned. Opinions are like arseholes. This one is mine.

The Gophers are banged up a bit, and have shown little heart this far into the season. The Sioux

are loaded and largely healthy, but for the big loss of Genoway. The Sioux will well have their chance to show the size and strength of their heart this weekend.

While winning in the WCHA always requires hard work, and while it is often and well-proven that hard work bests talent most every Friday or Saturday night of the season, here is saying that the Sioux will out-work, out-hit, out-muscle, out-skate, out-shoot, out-finesse, out-desire, out-output, out-coach, and out-score the Gophers in both games.

The games will be a springboard to further Sioux success, and a gangplank for the Gophers, who may well soon walk the same while packing it in for the remainder. Lucia is at the helm of a ship in trouble, and that ship is going to take two solid hits this weekend.

Sioux sweep. Gopher fans weep. Sioux rule. Gopher fans drool. Sioux prevail. Gopher fans high tail. Out of town. Just like they did in March of '06. That line of red lights heading south on I-29 that night was a priceless sight to see. No wonder few of them like the Great City on the Red --Grand Forks.

I think this is going to be a nailbiter of a series. As others have said, it will be closer than the stats would indicate.

This is MN's last games until the holiday games against the Little Sisters of the Poor. Last games before their four players head off to the WJ tournament. They are going to remember Mariucci last January, and the regional last March, and they are going to want to erase the bad taste of a poor start to this season before the break. They know they have a good record at REA, and they will come to play.

I just hope our boys are ready to play 2 big time games at home. There would be no more perfect time to end the home sweep drought.

I think this is going to be a nailbiter of a series. As others have said, it will be closer than the stats would indicate.

This is MN's last games until the holiday games against the Little Sisters of the Poor. Last games before their four players head off to the WJ tournament. They are going to remember Mariucci last January, and the regional last March, and they are going to want to erase the bad taste of a poor start to this season before the break. They know they have a good record at REA, and they will come to play.

I just hope our boys are ready to play 2 big time games at home. There would be no more perfect time to end the home sweep drought.

I think it will be a tough series as well. The Sioux need to play aggressive Sioux hockey and come with a hard forecheck. If JPL holds down the fort in net we should have a good chance of winning both games. However, it is difficult to sweep the Gophs. This is a rivalry game and both teams know what is at stake. Should be a great weekend of hockey.

Hey guys, I planned to do the month sioux deal so I can watch the games this weekend and today I got BSU tickets for friday night.

I wanted to know if the sioux games are on demand and can be watched as a replay and if so, how soon are they available. I'd like to come home and watch it right after the BSU game.

I am sure many people on here have friends that are Gopher fans but what I want to know is why do they insist calling us the SUE? I get what it means but its not funny nor will it ever be funny. I swear they get more ignorant every year. I just want to take our 7 banners and strangle them to death :D

I am sure many people on here have friends that are Gopher fans but what I want to know is why do they insist calling us the SUE? I get what it means but its not funny nor will it ever be funny. I swear they get more ignorant every year. I just want to take our 7 banners and strangle them to death :D

Just arrogant goofers I guess. :D

I think the same could be said for "Goofers". It's about as un-comical as Sue.