SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers

Let'sGoHawks!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When these 2 teams get together you can throw any stats out the window. :)

DU was in a similar boat stats-wise. 0-fer when giving up 3 or more goals and undefeated when giving up less than 3 and that's how it turn out this past weekend. Throw out numbers if you want, but Frazee is giving up just under 3 a game on average. If UND scores 3 or more goals each night, I'ld be shocked if they lose a game this weekend.

That sounds like something John Madden would say!

Madden would phrase it something like:

"Ya see... if the team goes out there and and and scores points while uh... not allowing the other team to score as many points as you score well.. BOOM! YOu got yerself a win! Now, that would be easy if the Captain of your hockey team was Brett Favre!"

The Sioux need to come out with a strong forecheck and pressure the young Gophers D. Get the crowd into the game and go from there. I think the Kaip line will be up to the challenge of shutting down Minny's top line. This is not a time to give the Gophers hope for the rest of their season. A sweep would put them in a tough spot. Let's hope it happens.

this maybe already has been mentioned ...........

Eades was on the radio this morning (monday) and gave some good news.

Oshie ................ is sore but will be ready to go for the weekend!

Genoway .......... is probable for this weekend! (this is great news) :lol:

The Sioux need to come out with a strong forecheck and pressure the young Gophers D. Get the crowd into the game and go from there. I think the Kaip line will be up to the challenge of shutting down Minny's top line. This is not a time to give the Gophers hope for the rest of their season. A sweep would put them in a tough spot. Let's hope it happens.

I agree with needing to pressure their young D core. After watching the Gophers the last few weeks, we need to get after them and also pressure them when we do have the puck as well. Take it right at them at full speed and see if they can handle the speed. They seemed to struggle with Denver and CC in that area. Especially pressure David Fischer who has seemed to struggle mightily with the puck and almost coughed it up numerous times on Saturday against Tech. He might be to Gopher fans what Brian Lee was to Sioux fans.

Keep everything to the outside in the defensive zone. Clear the rebounds.

No silly cross ice passes or similar miscues in the D zone .

Short passes breaking out.

Don't take risks high in the offensive zone.

Cycle the puck and control it in the offensive zone. As jk says, play defense 200 feet from your own net.

Play physical and aggressive.

No easy goals/goaltending mistakes.

Madden would phrase it something like:

"Ya see... if the team goes out there and and and scores points while uh... not allowing the other team to score as many points as you score well.. BOOM! YOu got yerself a win! Now, that would be easy if the Captain of your hockey team was Brett Favre!"

OK you nailed it!! That is perfect!

Well you see....that big guy back there...well uhh... He's there to stop the puck... We call him a Puck stopper! See here...BOOM!! stoped the puck.

"you see... its the puck stopper's job to keep the other team from scoring. when the puck stopper doesn't do his job... BOOM, his teams usually doesn't win"... sorry just a continuation of your last one, usually madden has to repeat himself five or six times so he's sure all of us at home get it :lol:

Should be a couple good battles as usual. Record books can be thrown out the window when these two teams get together.......but with the way the Gophers are playing right now if we come out of Grand Forks with 1 point I'd be pretty happy.

But I'd rather play the Siuox then the Crusaders this weekend, our record up there is much better against you guys. (Had to do a little trash talking for this big series.) :lol:

I am surprised you come on this board ... seeing as what you think of us Sioux Fans when you are on another board.

Posted yesterday by FIRE HELMET GUY #26 on GPL: http://www.gopherpucklive.com/viewtopic.php?t=7297

"I don't know whats worse, dealing with the drive up to Grand Forks or dealing with !@#!$! Sioux fans. Keep your gas masks handy and your cars between the ditches!"