SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey Hall of Fame

GeauxSioux

I haven't seen this brought up in a while and I don't believe that I've ever seen an artist's rendering of it.

Hall of Fame

01.jpg

The proposed facility will be connected through the University of North Dakota campus, Ralph Englestad Arena and the Alerus Center by means of an overhead monorail.

I highly doubt the monorail is feasible. :lol:

Edited by GeauxSioux

I had never seen a rendering before. I like how it resembles the Alerus Center a bit, since it is/was supposed to sit on adjacent property.

As for the monorail, I'm pretty sure that was always in the plans, to connect the Alerus Center, The Ralph, campus and the Airport all with a monorail.

How does this proposed hockey hall of fame differ from the hockey hall of fame currently in Northern Mn? think it's either in Eveleth or International Falls or some place like that. Is that one the US Hockey Hall of Fame? meaning hockey basicly at all levels, where this one is the NCAA Hall of Fame which is just college?

How does this proposed hockey hall of fame differ from the hockey hall of fame currently in Northern Mn? think it's either in Eveleth or International Falls or some place like that. Is that one the US Hockey Hall of Fame? meaning hockey basicly at all levels, where this one is the NCAA Hall of Fame which is just college?

Yes...this one would be College (NCAA) only. I don't know if it would make it financially or not, but there are many Canadiens who visit GF. Granted there is no College Hockey in Canada...at least not yet. But I think that Canadiens who visit Forks would still be interested in visiting a Hockey Hall of Fame.

My understanding is that some people with GF connections currently have the naming rights for the HOF. However, they only have the rights for a certain period of time. If they don't build within that time the rights to the name go up for bid again. Has anyone else heard this?

That looks really cool. I was at the pro football HOF in Canton when Dan Marino and Steve Young got inducted in 2005 and that place was packed with people i think this will draw thousands of people to this place not to mention boost the economy of GF and probably Fargo and the rest of the state. As for the monorail....I love that episode too. :lol: