SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Fans Trekking to Sconnie Nation

Big A HG

My wife, the Badger alum, and I are making the trip.

Anyone know a good place to eat/drink before the game?

Not sure what kind of place you're looking for but the Nitty Gritty is a crowd favorite. Happily dubbed as the closest resturant to the Kohl Center.

Depending on how far you want to go State Street offers a HUGE variety of stores/resturants. Although you should be warned that some of the people on State Street are sketchy. This past summer there was not only a murder, but a young woman was also kidnapped and killed after a night of partying.

I'll see what else I can come up with...

Just seeing who is all going to Wisconsin this weekend who's a poster.

USA Hockey, Yttrium and I are headed down tomorrow.

This will be my final destination to conquer in my WCHA Arena quest. Before this season, the only arena's I hadn't visited are Michigan Tech and Kohl Center. After this weekend, we quest is finalized.

Now, I can rest.

But seriously, I've heard from everyone around the Kohl Center is the party capital of the WCHA. The rink is electric and the fans are unreal. If you have a chance to watch the games Friday or Saturday, I feel the Ralph fans can take notice this is how a college atmosphere should feel.

Growing up in Seattle, I attended the U of Washington Huskies football games a Husky Stadium. 78,000 screaming fans on the shores of Lake Washington in an open air stadium and yet the visiting team couldn't hear the snap count. That is college sports!

I'm excited to see this beautiful arena in Madison knowing my quest is finished.

The juant w/ USA Hockey, Big A G and TRIOUXPER will be memorable.

This will be my final destination to conquer in my WCHA Arena quest. Before this season, the only arena's I hadn't visited are Michigan Tech and Kohl Center. After this weekend, we quest is finalized.

Now, I can rest.

But seriously, I've heard from everyone around the Kohl Center is the party capital of the WCHA. The rink is electric and the fans are unreal. If you have a chance to watch the games Friday or Saturday, I feel the Ralph fans can take notice this is how a college atmosphere should feel.

Growing up in Seattle, I attended the U of Washington Huskies football games a Husky Stadium. 78,000 screaming fans on the shores of Lake Washington in an open air stadium and yet the visiting team couldn't hear the snap count. That is college sports!

I'm excited to see this beautiful arena in Madison knowing my quest is finished.

You didn't tell me the Triouxper was the 4th leg of this drunken hung horse!?

Now, I can rest.

nice, tear it up!! this is my next mission for a road wcha trip to sconnie. hopefully next season. college sports is where its at. i was at the oregon asu game last saturday and it was unbelievable. the tailgating beofre and after and the noise in the game. my old PE teacher was the head ref in the game and he said for sure the loudest stadium in the nation. it was crazy fun!

go sioux this weekend!! im thinking 4 hard earned points

nice, tear it up!! this is my next mission for a road wcha trip to sconnie. hopefully next season. college sports is where its at. i was at the oregon asu game last saturday and it was unbelievable. the tailgating beofre and after and the noise in the game. my old PE teacher was the head ref in the game and he said for sure the loudest stadium in the nation. it was crazy fun!

go sioux this weekend!! im thinking 4 hard earned points

I'm not sure, but I don't think UND will be in Wisconsin next year, because this is the third year in a row making the trip. Isn't it once out of every 4 years they skip?

could be, fkn stupid. will have to wait if so ???

Good to see the nice fan turnout. I'll be there both nights, 2 of us on Friday, and 4 on Saturday (wife, 2/yo, and 4 month old...yikes!). I was able to get tix about an hour ago at www.uwbadgers.com 5 rows up from the glass on the blue line for tomorrow night...they weren't available earlier, so they may have just released some tickets, in case anyone else in interested.

could be, fkn stupid. will have to wait if so ???

The Sioux will be going to Madison next year, they went last year but not during the 2005-2006 season.

Another way to keep track of this...this year we only play them in Madison, not GF. So next year we will play home and home, then the following year only in GF, then the following year is home and home again.