SiouxSports.com Forum

2008 Race for the Hobey

siouxnami

J-P Lamoureux is INCH's current #1. I still think in the end Oshie, Chorney, or Duncan will be the Fighting Sioux rep. But how can you argue with what he has done. CC will be a good test.

Turris is #2 and I say hold on there, he had 1 assist against a solid Fighting Irish team and then loaded up on points on the PP against 2 teams that aren't even going to get a sniff of the NCAA tourney.

Keven Porter is #3 and I can't complain about that at all. He is legit, and came back for his senior year. I would expect him to be in the Hat Trick, baring injuries.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7Archiv...racker_0607.htm

I hope the Sioux Bury the Huskies when they come to the REA.

If anything I think the Sioux now have extra incentive to beat them.with the antics of their fans..

im guessing the sioux dont need antics to get them to play hard :ohmy:

back to the hobey watch... cstv has JPL, Osh, and Duncs #2-4 following Porter of mich. i know it is early, but pretty impressive to have three of the top four, especially from cstv.com, which seems to drool over hockey east.

It's even more impressive than that, Chorney is tied for the #10 spot. 3 of the top 4 and 4 of the top 10 (or 12 including with the other tied picks)

J-P Lamoureux is INCH's current #1. I still think in the end Oshie, Chorney, or Duncan will be the Fighting Sioux rep. But how can you argue with what he has done. CC will be a good test.

Turris is #2 and I say hold on there, he had 1 assist against a solid Fighting Irish team and then loaded up on points on the PP against 2 teams that aren't even going to get a sniff of the NCAA tourney.

Keven Porter is #3 and I can't complain about that at all. He is legit, and came back for his senior year. I would expect him to be in the Hat Trick, baring injuries.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7Archiv...racker_0607.htm

A goalies job is the most difficult one out there, so for Lammy to hold on to whats going on right now all year long is basically impossible, however, if the impossible were to happen then I think he has more than a great shot for it. We have seen his inconsistency over the past couple years and his size alone is at a small disadvantage in keeping his solid start to the year going, but you just never do know what could happen. But to think of an award winner right now is basically pointless. Too many things can happen.