SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SPARTANS

AZSIOUX

Radke's lack of discipline and untimely penalties need to be corrected or he may find himself playing less and less as the season goes on. The team can use his physical presence, but not if he continues to cross the line. He could have simply positioned himself to screen the MSU player from the play.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly guys, we should be the last fans that complain about a CFB, even if it was close. I'm happy to see any CFB get called, and losing Osh was very good for the team, they saw that they can score 5 goals with out him.

Also, lammy looked solid

Still think Trupp will grow into another Prpich, he did show some feistyness (SP?)

Did B. Shepherd even call a penalty last night?

Still think Chorney is like a dormant volcano, and soon he is just going to explode, Still had 2 points last night I believe.

Anyone laugh there a$$ off when Finley was on that 2 on 1 in the 1st, then Duncan was covering the defensive position when they brought it back.

LaPoint must have really proved himself in practice, noticed he was on the PP

Lastly, GO BEARS!!! WOO Hester

I don't know what game these critizers of Lapointe were watching but, what I have seen in the first two games and I watch him two periods of each game, he has been fairly sound for a freshman. I like the fact that when there is a shoot in to the corner the man he has isn't the one getting to the puck he's either pinned to the board or on his hinny. Unlike another defenseman that used to play here. I won't mention his name for you other thin skinned Lee sympathizers.

I think Lapointe is going to be very similar in play to that of Chorney, you very seldom see them because they are fundamentaly sound.

I don't know what game these critizers of Lapointe were watching but, what I have seen in the first two games and I watch him two periods of each game, he has been fairly sound for a freshman. I like the fact that when there is a shoot in to the corner the man he has isn't the one getting to the puck he's either pinned to the board or on his hinny. Unlike another defenseman that used to play here. I won't mention his name for you other thin skinned Lee sympathizers.

I think Lapointe is going to be very similar in play to that of Chorney, you very seldom see them because they are fundamentaly sound.

I likes what i saw from Lapoint (no E) :glare: he played well. he and marto will push eachother all year. i say we see the same lineup next weekend. solid game last night and good to see the team pick up when osh got shown the door to the locker room. chorney is so solid overall, very fun to watch a d man play the way he does

It's not what they're watching, it's just the fact that some don't understand the game of hockey :glare: Lapoint is just fine, he is a certain style d-man.

Man, how I love UND Fighting Sioux hockey!!

Six goals, six different players. Sweet.

T.J.'s checking from behind, was. No matter how 'soft' and over played by the Spartan player, it is what it was.

The team did fine without T.J. It's good to see we're not a one line team!!

I found out I can still keep up with the 25 yr olds, bar hopping AND I don't want to do it again for a looooong time. :glare:

It was awesome until Finley missed the tip in.

I was laughing so hard on that 2 on 1. As a goaltender, how scared do you have to be to see a 6'7" mass coming at you at full speed! :glare: Gotta love it.

And although he didn't even play, I have to give major props to Marto. From the few games I had seen him play last year in Nebraska, I doubted he'd ever crack the lineup. So whether he plays or LaPoint plays, I'm sure there will be a few freshman mistakes made early on, but I'm pleasantly surprised to find the high level of competition between the two. Keep it up, guys.

Finley was jumping into the rush quite a bit at the end of last season as well. Don't let 6'7" fool you, he can skate and shoot. Genoway looks like he could really turn into something special, but he has to stop with the bad giveaways. Chorney bailed him out yesterday after a bad turnover.

Finley was jumping into the rush quite a bit at the end of last season as well. Don't let 6'7" fool you, he can skate and shoot. Genoway looks like he could really turn into something special, but he has to stop with the bad giveaways. Chorney bailed him out yesterday after a bad turnover.
I thought Chay had a great game last nite.Couple mistakes that he will learn from but all in all he is at the position he should stay at.The D keep playing like they did last nite and Lammy is going to rack up a few more shutouts this year.

How does Trupp get called for instigating in his first ever college game when Prpich didn't get called for it in four years? :glare: Also anyone know what he did exactly?

It looked to me like he got knocked on his behind.

He did pop up and get back into the guys face.

I think the officiating would improve if they called the cheap stuff after the whistle but apparently the league thinks otherwise.

Any luck in the field today?

(Trying to whittle down the wait time.)

Ducks yesterday we got 10 for four guys. Fog really screwed every thing up.

Shot our limit of roosters today. There were a lot of people out hunting pheasants.

Didn't see a lot of bird but I am sure this is due to the fact that there is a lot of corn up still...

I think B. Shepard must have called that penalty on Radke negating the goal since Anderson didn't wave it off right away. (just my guess.)

Also didn't he call the matching up penalty where Trupp got an instigating. Going by memory here.

It was a weak call at best. I think shepard called it after listening to a MSU player whine. I just remember an MSU player coming up to the ref complaining about something then Shepard going to over to Anderson and then the call being made. I think Anderson by far is one of the worst refs in the game.

It was a weak call at best. I think shepard called it after listening to a MSU player whine. I just remember an MSU player coming up to the ref complaining about something then Shepard going to over to Anderson and then the call being made. I think Anderson by far is one of the worst refs in the game.

That redtoadl posted a video of the disallowed goal. I didn't see Radke at the time, but thought that they had changed the call because the State player was bitching.

However in the replay it looks like ultimately the proper call was made.

If I remember correctly, Trupp was already sitting on the bench when he was notified that he was given a penalty.

Also, if anyone is up for it, should we start a poll that maybe we can add to the Wiki, and the fans vote for, Goal of the Game, Player of the Game, etc?

I thought Chay's was amazing last night, but didn't realize how great it was till I saw the vid online.

I agree Anderson is and always has been brutal !!!!!!! A real nice start to the season for the boys last night! GO SIOUX!

I agree Anderson is and always has been brutal !!!!!!! A real nice start to the season for the boys last night! GO SIOUX!

Have you watched the link to that goal that RedFrog has posted? It's hard for me to believe anyone can complain about that call.

If I remember correctly, Trupp was already sitting on the bench when he was notified that he was given a penalty.

Also, if anyone is up for it, should we start a poll that maybe we can add to the Wiki, and the fans vote for, Goal of the Game, Player of the Game, etc?

I thought Chay's was amazing last night, but didn't realize how great it was till I saw the vid online.

Instigating? I suspect Shepard didn't realize Prpich graduated....

Chay's goal was good, but I think VV's goal was the best.

To be able to swat it out of the air and into the net takes skill. To do so and not have the stick above the crossbar level (interpretted rather than reality. Everyone remembers the one ZPar scored that I think Sheperd waved off).

Actually, each goal was impressive.

Also I must note that the size of Lerg's 5 hole was impressive as well. I think half the goals and the nongoal went in 5 hole IIRC.