SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO at UND

dakotadan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There really is no excuse for the Alerus Center not to be sold out for this game. The top regional ranking is on the line. Playoff positioning is on the line. The NCC Championship is probably on the line as well. I don't care if it's the hunting opener or if it's on TV.....

GET YOUR BUTTS TO THE ALERUS CENTER AND CHEER AS LOUD AS YOU CAN!!! :lol:

Thank you. ???

There really is no excuse for the Alerus Center not to be sold out for this game. The top regional ranking is on the line. Playoff positioning is on the line. The NCC Championship is probably on the line as well. I don't care if it's the hunting opener or if it's on TV.....

Thank you. ???

I think it can only help to have such a great hockey matchup that night. I can only hope that anybody in town for the hockey game would also go to the football game.

I think it can only help to have such a great hockey matchup that night. I can only hope that anybody in town for the hockey game would also go to the football game.

I'll be making the trek for both! ???

Living 5 hours away, I tend to plan my fall Grand Forks trips around football-hockey double-dippers. I hope there are many others who do the same and there is a good turnout for the football game.

Thank you. ???

I couldn't agree more. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE MAKE A COMMITMENT TO GO TO THIS GAME. They need everyone at the game and to be loud and proud. The implications for a home game against GVSU is huge. See you at the game. GO SIOUX!!!

I have bought my $10 tickets at the Ralph box office. No reason not to attend this one folks....especially for the low price. Looking at Ticketmaster, plenty of tickets remain as of this morning. The price on ticketmaster.com is $7.50/ticket. I assume it comes out to be $10 with the fees. You could get them online and choose "will call" or "print now" to get your tickets.

I have bought my $10 tickets at the Ralph box office. No reason not to attend this one folks....especially for the low price. Looking at Ticketmaster, plenty of tickets remain as of this morning. The price on ticketmaster.com is $7.50/ticket. I assume it comes out to be $10 with the fees. You could get them online and choose "will call" or "print now" to get your tickets.

I just got done buying tix as well. I went to the Ralph and bought 6 tix on the 10 yard line half way up on the Sioux sidelines. Hopefully people start buying tix for this game...it will most likely be the biggest/most exciting game of the year, outside of a possible semi-final matchup (which may not occur if we don't win this one).

There is a lower price for 12 and under, but not high school age. However, if you were to buy a ticket today, it would be $10 due to the Tuesday special.

Thanks. I was wondering because ticketmaster has tickets for students ages 3-18 for $9.50. Any idea what this is about? I missed out on the cheap Tuesday tickets (I do not live in GF).

Me and my buddies (7 total) have got our seats for the game! We all graduated only about a year ago so we're thinking we'll want to relive old times and sit in the student section for the game. Hopefully its packed and hopping for the game. They need to make it as tough on the Mavs as possible.

Courtesy UND.edu:

In April 1889, the student body met and chose as school colors the pink and green of the prairie rose, "suggestive of our green prairies and rosy prospects."

In the 1920s green and white were adopted as colors for UND athletic teams while pink and green continued to be used on the academic hoods of the University.

I'd rather be in the pink, than yellow. :silly:

I really don't know how to feel about UND's chances in this game. The Sioux defense has had some struggles, but most have occurred on the road. UNO has some impressive performances, but has only played two road games, and they were against Kearney and Augie, neither of whom are close to UND in terms of talent. Both of those games were pretty competitive until the end. UNO has had more success in Grand Forks than any visiting team in the past decade, but how much do past results really matter in the present?

I have a feeling UNO's defense may be a bit overrated, and UND's a bit underrated. UND has the total package offensively, while UNO's receivers are pretty ordinary IMO. I have a feeling UND will win, but they must avoid turnovers, do a better job covering kickoffs, and hopefully do a better job containing Miller when he scrambles than they did last year. It should be a great one.

These two teams match up so well together, it is difficult to predict. UNO has always relied on the run, but I think do so more this year than in the past. That bodes well for UND, who I think struggles with coverage from the secondary, and pass rush. I think our defense with our D-line and Linebackers are better suited to containing UNO's running attack. We had the game in 2005 in the Al wrapped up, but UNO's passing game was much more effective that year with Masek, not that Miller isn't a good passer, but they had maybe the best WR in the NCC that year, and they also don't have Zac Herold this year. If UND builds a lead this week, I think the chances of UNO being able to mount a comeback are not what they were like they did on the road here like in 2005.

I doubt that UND can neutralize both Miller and McNeil, but if they can contain one of them, that will limit the effectiveness of their offense. I'm looking for a high-scoring close game. Turnovers will be key, whoever wins that battle will win the game. The kicking game could be a factor as well, and I give UND the edge there. Neither team can afford to leave points on the field.

UND 37

UNO 34

I read on D2football.com that Omaha is bringing their band up to Grand Forks for the game. I can't remember a team doing this in the past, maybe the Bison did, but I'm not sure. It is going to be a war!

Sioux by 7 this time...

I know a few years ago when we played UC-Davis in the playoffs (when they had the mullet man, JT O'Sullivan at QB), they brought their band with...That was the playoff however. This game will definitely have a playoff atmosphere...can't wait!

Anyone??? Because I don't want to get a couple of tickets and then not be able to get in because they don't exist.

When I got tickets at the Alerus center for this game a month ago, I paid the adult price for kids over 12. I would give the box office a call to confirm the price. Otherwise, just take your chances I guess.

Anyone??? Because I don't want to get a couple of tickets and then not be able to get in because they don't exist.

I am sorry I can't help you. I have season tickets, and honestly have never tried to buy FB tickets from ticketmaster. Maybe you could try calling the ticket office at: (701) 777-4689

Good luck!

:silly: