SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPN Frozen Four predictions

jimdahl

I've seen these mentioned quite a few other places, but not here.

ESPN pundits predict Frozen Four outcomes, and UND nowhere to be seen. ;)(<---- mock surprise, disclaimer for fans from other schools, clearly we all know UND isn't a favorite)

Yes, this is not a suprise. Even in '97 and 2000 when we won the national titles I remember watching ESPN and them not picking UND as getting very far. That's fine be me, I could care less about what some eastern-biased ESPN guy thinks he knows about college hockey :)

I'm okay with the underdog thing. (BEWARE of the UNDerdogs!)

I thought the selection show had UND playing the second game on Friday, but everywhere I've looked online has them playing the first one. I would have thought Minnesota (if they had any say in the matter as the host school) would have chosen to play the 1st game so that if they won, they would have a little more time to rest for the next day (game time 4:00 CT). Maybe they're thinking more about $$$?

(I also hope the Sioux feed works on Friday. It didn't Thursday night against MN-Duluth. If anyone is aware of other feeds announced this week in case the Sioux one isn't working, please post them.). Thanks!

Unsurprisingly, all of them have BC and/or BU making it to the FF. Granted, both are decent teams and at this point everyone has a shot at the Championship, but honestly, I would have been more surprised if at least one of these guys didn't pick either BU or BC to make the FF. ESPN coverage of NCAA Hockey is nearly always skewed to the Boston area...or at the very least, the east (NH, Maine, etc...), which makes sense since the population is quite a bit greater in those areas than out west. Still, who are these people? I'll be the first to admit that I nearly never check out college hockey coverage at ESPN (usually because it is non-existant), but honestly...I have no idea who these people are who are predicting the outcomes here. Are they actual college hockey experts, or just some people that were told to predict something?

I honestly don't know...mainly because I'd like to know what I'm supposed to think of their predictions. :)

Granted- Kunitz is a huge threat for UND with 74pts (33g-41a) but Ferris also has 2 other scorers in the Top 20.

Jeff League (C, So) 23g-35a-59pts is #8 and Derek Nesbitt (So, LW) 18g-32a-50pts is tied for number for 15th. Thier netminder is 29-9-1 with a .926 save % and a 2.23 gaa. There are some threats there, and the Sioux would be well served by not looking foreward to the Gophers or they will never get to play them.

Do the people at ESPN know what college hockey is? I guess that they don't believe in upsets, except for the two Michigan fans.

In the East nobody thinks that Mankato has a chance against Cornell! I do, I wouldn't be suprised to see MSU beat Cornell. BC over OSU though.

Northeast - I see SCSU making yet another first round exit, but they do have a chance at upseting NH. BU over Harvard.

Midwest - CC destroys Wayne State. Maine over Michigan in OT.

West - UM over Mercyhurst. ND over Ferris in a close one. UND in OT, yeah I'm biased...

Frozen Four - UNH over BC, CC over UND, CC wins it

In the East nobody thinks that Mankato has a chance against Cornell! I do, I wouldn't be suprised to see MSU beat Cornell. BC over OSU though.

If you here any of the reaction of Cornell's coach he feels the same way.

My prediction is that Cornell comes out with a quick couple of goals right away.

That is when Mankato has you. They lull you into a false sense of confidence. The next thing you know, your team is trailing by two goals at the end of the third period trying to figure out what the hell happened.

If you here any of the reaction of Cornell's coach he feels the same way.

My prediction is that Cornell comes out with a quick couple of goals right away.

That is when Mankato has you. They lull you into a false sense of confidence. The next thing you know, your team is trailing by two goals at the end of the third period trying to figure out what the hell happened.