SiouxSports.com Forum

Lines for next year

SIOUXELEVENS

I am not the biggest Miller fan but i think he has earned a good chance at the start of the season to prove he can play on one of the top two lines.

One thing to remember is that this is the first season as a member of the Sioux that Miller will be healthy for the summer to prepare.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think that frattin and trupp are a very good combo to put on the fourth line as they are goal scorers not enforcers...

Kaip and Radke are enforcers if you want to call them that.

I was thinking of making the fourth line into a 3rd scoring line. I don't know if that is necessarily wise to go with 3 scoring lines and 1 checking line, but that was my reasoning.

Oshie-VandeVelde-Duncan

Kozek-Trupp-Frattin

Zajac-Watkins-Kaip

Forney-Radke-Malone

Extras:

Miller-Martens-Davidson

Good lineup,my reason for Davidson-Kaip-Zajac is to have another Red Pepper(grind) line that can cycle the puck and keep the opponents bottled up in their own end. Do you have Oshie at center or wing.

Lines for next year?

There'll be a thin red one with a net sitting on it.

Next there'll be a wide blue one,

Then a wide, dashed, red one,

Then another wide blue one, and finally

Another narrow red one with the other net on it.

That's all I'm willing to prognosticate at this point.

Lines for next year?

And there are those that could make the line list if they would just straighten up and quit running around in circles.

Lines for next year?

Hold it...

We have a story coming in...

We have just received confirmation that there will also be circles...

I repeat, circles...

Maybe 5 of them...

Hold it...

We have a story coming in...

We have just received confirmation that there will also be circles...

I repeat, circles...

Maybe 5 of them...

Is there a chance of four red dots returning to mark the center of 4 of those circles? I feel that those dots really helped the players and officials to figure out where the puck is to be dropped.

One thing to remember is that this is the first season as a member of the Sioux that Miller will be healthy for the summer to prepare.

I think Miller could get his chance, but I thought he would see more ice time last year as well, especially when they were having trouble scoring early on. Hakstol wants him, and everyone, to be responsible defensively, which makes me wonder if he will have a chance to play on the first line or not. Hakstol might want more of a two-way forward to man the other spot on that line to free up Duncan and Oshie to use their skills more. Then again, he might just want a very talented offensive line to pressure the other team into submission. Of course I know he wants players to be responsible at both ends, Oshie and Duncan included.

I think Miller is better than what some may think. In terms of fowards and point production, he's third behind Duncan and Oshie. Having a 24 point season isn't bad for a sophmore playing on the 4th line. I can't remember who centered the 4th line, but if it was him he might be a pretty good canidate to center the top line.

I think Miller is better than what some may think. In terms of fowards and point production, he's third behind Duncan and Oshie. Having a 24 point season isn't bad for a sophmore playing on the 4th line. I can't remember who centered the 4th line, but if it was him he might be a pretty good canidate to center the top line.

I'd agree with that

I agree with USA, Miller may be a big part of this team this year. He has shown flashes of high intensity, goal scoring prowess, in addition to inexplicable weak back checking. If we see more of the former and less of the later, the Sioux could have more scoring firepower than we've had since 1987.

That would be a pretty small first line.

Yeah, Miller was injured his freshman year, but even his sophomore year he was pushed around a bit. Although there are plenty of reasons why VV won't be on the first line, VV offers size, quality in the faceoff circle, and a great passer to boot.

Miller, if anything, could center the fourth line again. Like I said earlier, I have no problem with 3 scoring lines.

I agree with USA, Miller may be a big part of this team this year. He has shown flashes of high intensity, goal scoring prowess, in addition to inexplicable weak back checking. If we see more of the former and less of the later, the Sioux could have more scoring firepower than we've had since 1987.

if toews was still here i would say we could have a dynamic scoring team that rivals past teams but no way we will without him, we have 2 big time scorers and then a bunch of players that havent proven anything yet with big scoring numbers really. players like kozek, vande, watkins and miller will be highly depended on to balance it out along with the freshman coming in, we will shut some teams down with our d core though. i say oshie and duncan have 50 + each with hobey for oshie and then a bunch of 15-25 point guys wich will be the key to denver...we need scoring depth and i believe we will have that, i posted the last few years scoring depth i another thread and it has been very good overall so hope we keep it up..

Yes, we have the depth, I agree whole heartedly. I'm just looking to see who may be able to break out of that logjam of "decent" forwards we have, and Miller has shown moments (like the hattrick in Mankato) where he could be that breakout forward. I keep hearing a lot about Forney on this forum, but I've never seen him make the step up. And some have mentioned two unproven rookies (Malone and Trupp) as having the skills to skate wth the two best forwards in the WCHA. I've never seen them skate live. Miller, at times, has shown the hockey skills necessary to make that second line a scoring line, but not the consistency. And at D1, it's all about consistency.

As far as whom Hakstol has skating on the first line with Duncan and Oshie, I'd put my money on VandeVelde.

Yes, we have the depth, I agree whole heartedly. I'm just looking to see who may be able to break out of that logjam of "decent" forwards we have, and Miller has shown moments (like the hattrick in Mankato) where he could be that breakout forward. I keep hearing a lot about Forney on this forum, but I've never seen him make the step up. And some have mentioned two unproven rookies (Malone and Trupp) as having the skills to skate wth the two best forwards in the WCHA. I've never seen them skate live. Miller, at times, has shown the hockey skills necessary to make that second line a scoring line, but not the consistency. And at D1, it's all about consistency.

As far as whom Hakstol has skating on the first line with Duncan and Oshie, I'd put my money on VandeVelde.

there is no way anyone can judge forney as he hasnt even been healthy at all and when he did play he for sure wasnt healthy. so basically if he is recovered it will be a freshman season for him, i hope we can see what he has

love the sioux but we won't be seeing any 1987 flashbacks anytime soon...that's ok though, everybody else is content to grind games out...

if toews was still here i would say we could have a dynamic scoring team that rivals past teams but no way we will without him, we have 2 big time scorers and then a bunch of players that havent proven anything yet with big scoring numbers really. players like kozek, vande, watkins and miller will be highly depended on to balance it out along with the freshman coming in, we will shut some teams down with our d core though. i say oshie and duncan have 50 + each with hobey for oshie and then a bunch of 15-25 point guys wich will be the key to denver...we need scoring depth and i believe we will have that, i posted the last few years scoring depth i another thread and it has been very good overall so hope we keep it up..

If we have any problems, it won't be scoring even without Toews. It will be consistent defense and goaltending. If we get that, look out...

I am trying to look at this without my Kelly Green shaded glasses, but top to bottom, I don't know the last time we were more loaded going into a season. It might be 1987. I think we won a couple of championships with teams that had less overall talent. Usually going from Sophomore to Junior leads to a huge jump in production, and if that happens, watch out...

I am trying to look at this without my Kelly Green shaded glasses, but top to bottom, I don't know the last time we were more loaded going into a season. It might be 1987. I think we won a couple of championships with teams that had less overall talent. Usually going from Sophomore to Junior leads to a huge jump in production, and if that happens, watch out...

we have the talant but we also have the unknown of who will step up and score and create goals. the kozeks, watkins, kaips and so forth really dont score much. its time for those first 3 to step up and play their game. we really need it! i think a couple freshman will have to step up and will step up as well. man im excited for sure

the defense and goalie are the least of my concerns. we have the best d man in the country in chorney and a goalie who stepped up last year when it was his tuen after injuries! lets lock em down and hurt em!!

IMO there are few proven scorers at this level on the roster right now. Doesn't mean I'm down on this team but I hardly will compare it to 1987 at this point in time. The late 1990's teams could roll 4 lines. It remains to be seen if this team will be that formidable offensively.

IMO there are few proven scorers at this level on the roster right now. Doesn't mean I'm down on this team but I hardly will compare it to 1987 at this point in time. The late 1990's teams could roll 4 lines. It remains to be seen if this team will be that formidable offensively.

it will be nice to see 4 solid lines if thats how it turns out, there will never be a team to compare to the 87 circus as you said, the games different and the scoring is down from that era.. but i think oshie and duncan will stick out from the pack in the whole nation!!