SiouxSports.com Forum

Goophers

sioux_11

I'm not sure that I understand why everyone is jumping down Sioux_11's throat, other than political correctness. I suspect that a great deal of Sioux fans feel the same way, as do Gopher fans about the Sioux. That is why it is called a RIVALRY. Second, it IS a Sioux message board, so I think that he has every right to vent and express his feelings. His statements are pretty tame compared to the flames on the POI board or the USCHO board, or any talk show hosted by the clueless duo of Sid Hartman and Dark Starr, PA and equally clueless Dubay, or anything hosted by Midwest Sports Channel. We have had to put up with excuses about 25 year old Canadians, to relaxed academic standards, to how North Dakota could not field its own team,  to the incredible statement by Sid Hartman that it is easier to recruit at a Division II school because we can concentrate on only 1 sport. I respect the Gophers success, but the arrogance and excuses do get old.

If the Gopher fans that visit our board do not like it, go back to POI or USCHO and continue your flamefest there like Happy and Yellowdog and some of the other Gopher fans. I have yet to see any of you jump on those 2 morons for the threads like "The Real Reason North Dakota has Won so Many Championships." Read that thread, and you will know where Sioux_11 is coming from. Until you start jumping on those posters for not representing the views of Gopher fans in general, your comments really have no credibility.

I think I have a new best friend

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, a good old fashion flame feast. Actually I have to admit that I had a pretty good time this past weekend, even though UND didn't do as good as I thought they could. After UND bowed out of the WCHA Final Five, I watched the other games in the tourney and had a pretty good time. I was pleased to watch soem decent hockey. After watching 8 college hockey games in 9 days I have to say I am ready to watch some more hockey.

Went over to Wyld Times both on Friday and Saturday and drank beer with some Gopher fans that we met from our section. Although there was too much marron and gold in the bar but it was a lot of fun, most Gopher fans I talked to were pretty cool and were fun to talk to about college hockey.

I came to the realization that this year might not be UND but, the good years are ahead.

Lets enjoy the games this weekend.

Hey sioux_11- thats how I feel! Well maybe hate is too stong of a word, but I STRONGLY dislike the Goophers! :) And melde, what was that you were saying about Packers fans? We're whiny, was that it? I think you know that every team has whiny fans so just lay off! And siourock- you're right! the Goophers do think they are better than us in everything but deep down, I think they know damn well that we rock in everything!! ;)

Goon, I was at Wild Thymes briefly between games on Friday. Could you possibly have been the one other Sioux fan I saw there? I don't know about you, but I was starting to feel a little light headed being surrounded by all that maroon and gold. :)

I remember one women wearing a Sioux Jersey (with blonde hair) sitting with a bunch of Gopher fans. This woman was like one Sioux fan and many Gopher fans. That wasn't you by any chance was it?

I did meet a guy from Fargo that was there at the game with a bunch of Gopher fans. It was a good time...

I LOVE THE WCHA... Its getting to be one huge rivalry UND, UM, UMD, MSUM, SCSU all dont really like each other. I would love to go to a CC-Denver game. The only 2 teams that are normally slough teams ate UAA and MTU (even though they beat the Sioux at home) , this year UW was kind of a push over but give them a year or two to get used to the new system.

There are so many teams to get pumped for its great!!! Even Tech and UAA are welcome opponents!

I remember one women wearing a Sioux Jersey (with blonde hair) sitting with a bunch of Gopher fans. This woman was like one Sioux fan and many Gopher fans. That wasn't you by any chance was it?

I did meet a guy from Fargo that was there at the game with a bunch of Gopher fans. It was a good time...

Yep, that was probably me. I was wearing a black Sioux jersey with the new logo and either wearing or holding a silver jacket, and my Gopher friend that I was with wanted to show up at Wild Thymes to have a drink with his friends between games. It took about 2 seconds before I was being harassed mercilessly by WPoS et al, but I ended up talking with a couple Gopher fans who said that I changed their whole opinion of Sioux fans. For better or for worse, I don't know.... :lol:

I only remember seeing one Sioux fan in that area. If I would have known it was you I would have come over and said hi.

Goon, I was at Wild Thymes briefly between games on Friday. Could you possibly have been the one other Sioux fan I saw there? I don't know about you, but I was starting to feel a little light headed being surrounded by all that maroon and gold. :D

Yeah all the chicks get lightheaded around us sexy biotches AKA the Gopher Fans :lol::):p

Yeah all the chicks get lightheaded around us sexy biotches AKA the Gopher Fans :D;):p

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol: Oh Handy, you crack me up! :) You never said hi to me while I was there. JF pointed you out but I still didn't see you back in the corner. You all look the same in your ugly maroon and gold. ;)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol: Oh Handy, you crack me up! :) You never said hi to me while I was there. JF pointed you out but I still didn't see you back in the corner. You all look the same in your ugly maroon and gold. ;)

Gopher fans they all look alike and pretty much say the same thing M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A...

LOL...

WPoS, BRING IT! You ain't got nothin baby! :D

You tell 'em, missy. And, WPoS, you young whippersnapper, you better hope that my hearing aid is on the fritz, otherwise I'll hit you with my cane! :lol:

I would like to set the record straight. I hate the Gophers. BUT they are the funnest team to cheer against. I mean that in the best possible way. I hate their fans and I hate their players. BUT there is no other team I would rather play against.

I never said the Gophers were a bad team. Because they aren't by any means. Just some of the stuff their fans cheer and the way they look in their UGLY jerseys ticks me off so I make fun of them.

I would love to see the Sioux and the Gophers face off in the second round of the NCAA tournament. That would be just crazy.