SiouxSports.com Forum

Buning Problem?

siouxman68

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several threads have mentioned the "Buning Problem". Because I have no clue as to what they mean, someone please explain!

DG

I've wondered also, but will take it as message board rumor-mongering, which may or may not be true, etc, etc.

There is a Buning problem! Just because Siouxcrioux1 says is is "basically a bunch of ppl making something out of absouletly nothing", doesnt mean there isnt a problem. Just because someone doesnt know what the problem is(example being Siouxcrioux1), doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Siouxcrioux1 is obviously not privy to the information pertaining to the problems. And obviously doesnt have access or connections to the information. And as for those who ask for it to be clearly stated here, word for word, that is not going to happen. People are told things in confidence, exact details, and if they are put here for everyone to read, one would be betraying the trust that another puts in you. I for one am not going to do that,whether that pertains to the Buning problem, a player,or a recruit. What type of person would betray a freinds trust in order to post the information here just to fill in fellow forum people of the exact details? If thats what it takes for Siouxcrioux1 to believe it ,well then I guess he just wont believe it! Siouxcrioux1 and the others who dont believe there could be a problem with Buning have probably only seen him in his POLITICIAN MODE at a game or fan gathering doing his rah rah speech or standing across the room from him seeing him smiling. And if they arent able to see that is as fake as a real politician walking the line shaking hands or holding a baby for a photo opp, well then let them believe what they will. The ones who work with him on a daily basis and the coaches who deal with him would tell you a completely different story. A story that makes them seriously consider leaving rather than work with him. Just because Lennon decided to stay, doesnt mean that he doenst have a problem with Buning. It just shows that his love for UND and the football program here,along with what he feels is best for his family outweighed his dislike for Buning. That may not be the case the next time with him or any other coach for that matter. The next opportunity for him or another coach might be enough to offset the pros of staying at UND.

As long as Buning is here,there is no reason to think the problem will go away. Among other things, once you have severly broken the man to man trust you have with someone, it can almost never be rebuilt. Buning is not here for the long term, I think most people understand that,

SO I SAY AGAIN ,MR BUNING DO THE HONORABLE THING AND LEAVE NOW BEFORE SOMEONE WE REALLY WANT AND NEED DECIDES TO LEAVE.

There is a Buning problem! Just because Siouxcrioux1 says is is "basically a bunch of ppl making something out of absouletly nothing", doesnt mean there isnt a problem. Just because someone doesnt know what the problem is(example being Siouxcrioux1), doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Siouxcrioux1 is obviously not privy to the information pertaining to the problems. And obviously doesnt have access or connections to the information. And as for those who ask for it to be clearly stated here, word for word, that is not going to happen. People are told things in confidence, exact details, and if they are put here for everyone to read, one would be betraying the trust that another puts in you. I for one am not going to do that,whether that pertains to the Buning problem, a player,or a recruit. What type of person would betray a freinds trust in order to post the information here just to fill in fellow forum people of the exact details? If thats what it takes for Siouxcrioux1 to believe it ,well then I guess he just wont believe it! Siouxcrioux1 and the others who dont believe there could be a problem with Buning have probably only seen him in his POLITICIAN MODE at a game or fan gathering doing his rah rah speech or standing across the room from him seeing him smiling. And if they arent able to see that is as fake as a real politician walking the line shaking hands or holding a baby for a photo opp, well then let them believe what they will. The ones who work with him on a daily basis and the coaches who deal with him would tell you a completely different story. A story that makes them seriously consider leaving rather than work with him. Just because Lennon decided to stay, doesnt mean that he doenst have a problem with Buning. It just shows that his love for UND and the football program here,along with what he feels is best for his family outweighed his dislike for Buning. That may not be the case the next time with him or any other coach for that matter. The next opportunity for him or another coach might be enough to offset the pros of staying at UND.

As long as Buning is here,there is no reason to think the problem will go away. Among other things, once you have severly broken the man to man trust you have with someone, it can almost never be rebuilt. Buning is not here for the long term, I think most people understand that,

SO I SAY AGAIN ,MR BUNING DO THE HONORABLE THING AND LEAVE NOW BEFORE SOMEONE WE REALLY WANT AND NEED DECIDES TO LEAVE.

I'm with you.

And why should anybody think you opinions are credible?

They may be, but you post like a know-it-all teenager that has an over-exagerated sense of self importance.

If you're going to go as far as saying there is a problem, give the proof. I want to know if these are specifically examples of whining you hear in every single company in America about management, or if there is some beef to them. So here is your chance to cite the numerous examples of why there is a problem. If they are just that he scheduled a football game without consultation, then I would consider that to be an oversight and correctable communication "problem", that again happens at every company. I have heard this same thing about every athletic director except Gino, and at that time, nobody would be caught dead taking issue with him. Based on Dale Lennon's interview with WDAZ, he thinks the Athletic Department is going in the right direction. Someone has to be the bad guy and make the tough decisions, but if there is more beyond that, get it out in the open.

Count me in the "where there's smoke there's fire" camp. He's great before, during, and after the games with people, but this latest close-call with Lennon, along with some of things I'm reading regarding the relationship with Hakstol and others, has me convinced that something's wrong.

I guess I am in the camp of giving him the benefit of the doubt. I wish we could get proof but I understand why the people with "information" would choose not to reveal it. It is like aliens and the government. If I worked for the gov and saw aliens, I would like the world to know. But without proof, nobody will. So it is a little hard to fully believe a conspiracy with no tangible info.

I'm on record in another thread as being in the Buning camp until I hear of some blatant problems within the Athletic Department.

Post modified because I sounded like an idiot, which usually doesn't bother me, but for some reason this time it does. ;)

Tnt , think about what you are asking people to do, to give out information that they were give to by friends who trusted in them, and betray the trust they have in them and their friendship with them,so that "others", people who you dont even have a clue as to who they are, can know and be satisfied! Seriously think about that. Would you do that if I asked you? I dont have a clue who you are ,nor you me. I hope for your sake you wouldnt tell "others" the specific information you are now asking for.

I get a kick out of people who always ask for where's the proof. I think part of the reason for that is a little bit of envy going on there. I mean how could someone know more about Sioux hockey, football, administration, etc. than I do.....give me the proof so I can sleep better at night and so then I will have the same information that some other person has been fortunate to get and has been fortunate enough to have the relationships to get that sensitive information in the first place.

Let me tell you this, if the people concerned in this matter (Bunning, Lennon, Hakstol, alumni leaders, etc.) wanted this information public, they would have done so. But guess what, this isn't something people want to bring out in the public. It does no good there. What, just because some people who don't have the connections can feel better that they know the inside information too? Please, give me a break and get over it.

I've also been privy to information, some of which would make people drop their jaws in disbelief. But you aren't going to get proof from me no matter how much you call me names or a know-it-all teenager as some have called others or how much you or other whine for proof. Well, I guess you'll have to keep calling people names....whatever makes you feel better. But I have the trust and confidence in others and vice versa that what is spoken or seen behind closed doors remains behind closed doors.

Don't forget that Dale interviewed when there was another athletic director here too. If there is that much sentiment against Buning, then bring it to the forefront and start a mutiny, If it is for the betterment of the program, all the coaches that have a problem with him should get together and tell the powers that be that they would feel more comfortable staying at UND if Buning was gone. If nobody is willing to do that, then deal with Buning.

Tnt , think about what you are asking people to do, to give out information that they were give to by friends who trusted in them, and betray the trust they have in them and their friendship with them,so that "others", people who you dont even have a clue as to who they are, can know and be satisfied! Seriously think about that. Would you do that if I asked you? I dont have a clue who you are ,nor you me. I hope for your sake you wouldnt tell "others" the specific information you are now asking for.

You've broken someone's trust by posting rumors on message boards. If the person would not want it to be public knowledge, then it's best left off here entirely.

You don't think that saying that Dale Lennon has a major dislike of Buning is a betrayal of trust? Dale has to work for him unless something is done. And if Dale is o.k. with letting out that sentiment, he should want people to know his side of the story. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Lennon and Hakstol fan, and I would obviously want to see Buning leave before them, but being in a company in which people have problems with the slightest perception that they are being shortchanged, I can see how expressing those sentiments doesn't always measure accurately a persons happiness all the time. Like I said, someone has to make the tough decisions, and they are seldom popular.

Don't forget that Dale interviewed when there was another athletic director here too. If there is that much sentiment against Buning, then bring it to the forefront and start a mutiny, If it is for the betterment of the program, all the coaches that have a problem with him should get together and tell the powers that be that they would feel more comfortable staying at UND if Buning was gone. If nobody is willing to do that, then deal with Buning.

Well for your sake, whatever is currently being done is not going to be done in public (here or anywhere else) no matter how much you or others clammor for it. There are more highly influential people than you or me working behind closed doors and that is where they are going to keep it. The way it is currently being handled is best for those involved and best for the university. It may not be best for you or for others who whine that they want to know the proof, but I don't think those involved in it care much or what your or I think at this moment.

I get a kick out of people who always ask for where's the proof. I think part of the reason for that is a little bit of envy going on there. I mean how could someone know more about Sioux hockey, football, administration, etc. than I do.....give me the proof so I can sleep better at night and so then I will have the same information that some other person has been fortunate to get and has been fortunate enough to have the relationships to get that sensitive information in the first place.

Let me tell you this, if the people concerned in this matter (Bunning, Lennon, Hakstol, alumni leaders, etc.) wanted this information public, they would have done so. But guess what, this isn't something people want to bring out in the public. It does no good there. What, just because some people who don't have the connections can feel better that they know the inside information too? Please, give me a break and get over it.

I've also been privy to information, some of which would make people drop their jaws in disbelief. But you aren't going to get proof from me no matter how much you call me names or a know-it-all teenager as some have called others or how much you or other whine for proof. Well, I guess you'll have to keep calling people names....whatever makes you feel better. But I have the trust and confidence in others and vice versa that what is spoken or seen behind closed doors remains behind closed doors.

If you espouse this, then you must certainly say that these people are betraying trusts to make themselves look better by being in the loop. Oh, and by the way, there are plenty of times when I have information from a source well ahead of time, but in order to keep getting that information and to avoid a betrayal of trust, I let it come out in its own time. So you see, I don't have to be the one that says that Dale Lennon dislikes Tom Buning. Just by saying that, I feel dirty, because while I don't know Dale Lennon personally, I don't think he would want that on a message board for public consumption. I know there are people I have major problems with, but I wouldn't want it to be fodder for the masses.

Well for your sake, whatever is currently being done is not going to be done in public (here or anywhere else) no matter how much you or others clammor for it. There are more highly influential people than you or me working behind closed doors and that is where they are going to keep it. The way it is currently being handled is best for those involved and best for the university. It may not be best for you or for others who whine that they want to know the proof, but I don't think those involved in it care much or what your or I think at this moment.

BTW, this message board is "public" ;)

If you espouse this, then you must certainly say that these people are betraying trusts to make themselves look better by being in the loop.

I could care less of what people think of me. If I did care, I would have thousands of posts on here so that whatever I said could be taken as gospel.

You and others whine for proof whenever something is said that you don't know about. Apparently, you aren't able to comprehend that some information is going to be kept private no matther how much you whine or call people names or tell others they don't know what they are talking about. Hence the reason for my post to help try and explain that to you (apparently you still didn't get it) and to back up some of the others who have posted more on this subject than I have.

My question is why was the info posted on here anyways? If the problem is to be handled behind closed doors, then posting it makes no sense. I had very little interest in the internal handlings of the Athletic Department. However, I now am very curious. I might start asking around about these issues. Somehow I doubt the AD wants a bunch of people suddenly interested in its business.

Over the course of the winter I did hear quite a bit of conversation about the fact that a lot of people working in the department at UND weren't happy with Bunning. I knew there was a situation out there. More recently I have heard that things were starting to come to a boil. The one interview that quite possibly reveals what the situation is like out there happened yesterday. One of the reporters asked Lennon who he talked to over the weekend when he was considering the job. Lennon said he discussed it with UND's President. I have to admit it would seem that he might also have talked it over with Bunning. That in itself tells you a lot about the relationship he has with Bunning.

It is kind of cute how a few people here are of the attitude of How dare you not believe me? I KNOW PEOPLE! These same people act all insulted, as if they are being accused of treason, when they are asked to provide proof. I realize this may be hard for some of you to believe, but just because you say something is true doesn't mean others will automatically believe you if you don't present any evidence. Contrary to your belief, your word is not always gospel.

This doesn't mean I don't believe there isn't some tension between Buning and the coaches, there probably is. But please quit acting all high and mighty that someone would dare question what you say on a message board.