SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Hockey

GeauxSioux

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-1 loss to Bemidji

Out of all of the progress that the ladies have had and the close games with good teams, this is one game that they should not have lost 4-1. I will take a 4-1 loss to Ohio State, instead we had a tie lost with 32 seconds left on friday night. Bemidji is not a team we shoud lose to 4-1.

Out of all of the progress that the ladies have had and the close games with good teams, this is one game that they should not have lost 4-1. I will take a 4-1 loss to Ohio State, instead we had a tie lost with 32 seconds left on friday night. Bemidji is not a team we shoud lose to 4-1.

Hopefully a better result today. Shots were 31-30 for the Sioux although the Beavers outshot the Sioux 14-5 in the 1st for a 1 goal lead. Last goal was an empty netter. Brookshaw is a premier goalie in NCAA hockey and we need to put one past her first to gain the upper hand.

embarassing.....!

1031 in attendance and we are giving away free tuition.....

Against U of Minny.....?

for the women's team that is actually really good. You have to remember that you can't expect the same amount of people for the women's team as the mens because they don't have the same following. I agree that we need to get more people there,but 1031 is a start. Since most women's games at any college don't get the same amount as the men.

Rochester Post-Bulletin: A visit with Jodi Holland, UND hockey player

UND has already won more games this season (4-16-4) than all of last season (3-31-2). What has been different for the team?

We have a new coach (former St. Cloud State assistant Brian Idalski). It's been a big transition, but he's really trying to turn the program around. We've been a lot more competitive.

What was last season like for you, jumping directly from high school hockey into NCAA Division I hockey and the WCHA?

It is such a big change. I came in thinking I'd get a lot of regular shifts, but you come in and work hard all year for not as much ice time. It's a big adjustment, and so was the speed of the game.

What's it like playing in Grand Forks, N.D., other than it being cold and windy all the time, and playing in Ralph Engelstad Arena, the $100 million-plus arena built for Sioux hockey?

It's awesome. We get a lot of support from the community. It's really great. And the arena is unbelievable. It's amazing.

This is from five years ago, but I wouldn't think that attendance has gone up very much from then.....

MADISON, Wisc. � The Western Collegiate Hockey Association led the way in NCAA Division 1 women's ice hockey attendance for the fourth consecutive season in 2003-03, drawing 70,481 fans over 116 regular season games and averaging a nation's best 608 fans per game. Ranking second among the conferences was the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference (ECAC) with 46,112 (322 average per game), followed by Hockey East Association (HEA) with 22,397 (236 per game) and College Hockey America (CHA) with 15,821 (251 per game).

Linky

The Badgers set the NCAA record for women's hockey attendance this past weekend: 5,377 people

Badgers set attendance record

What's more, the crowd of 5,377 set an NCAA women's hockey attendance record.

Because of the record attendance at the "Fill the Bowl" contest, $5,377 was raised for Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin.

I did a little digging to figure out what was going on... and this is what I came up with:

The series wraps up today at 1 p.m. as fans are invited to "Fill the Bowl." The event could break the all-time women's hockey attendance record of 5,167 set at the 2003 NCAA championship in Duluth, Minn., while also allowing fans to participate in a great cause.

Becker Law Office, Marshall Financial Group and Badger Mortgage will donate $1 per fan in attendance to Second Harvest Food Bank. Since the goal for the event is to raise 36,500 meals, more than 5,200 fans are needed.

"It will present a different feeling than what we normally have here," Johnson said. "It will be good and it will be fun for (the players). It's a wonderful cause and you just hope to get a lot of people in the building because the end result is you're going to be able to create a lot of meals for a lot of families."

Fill the Bowl

UND WOMEN: Knight, Badgers dump Sioux

Herald Staff Report

Published Sunday, February 03, 2008

MADISON, Wis. - Hilary Knight was too much for the UND women's hockey team Saturday.

The freshman forward scored three goals and added an assist to lead fifth-ranked Wisconsin to a 6-1 victory against UND in Western Collegiate Hockey Association play.

Wisconsin had a 36-17 advantage in shots on goal.

The Badgers led 2-0 after the first period with goals from Kyla Sanders at 5 minutes, 36 seconds of the period and Knight on a power play at 9:23.

Knight scored another power-play goal 10:44 into the second period.

UND scored on a 5-on-3 advantage 3 minutes, 41 seconds later to cut the lead to two.

Wisconsin pulled away in the third period, scoring three goals in less than four minutes. Knight, Sanders and Angie Keseley all scored in that span.

The Badgers converted three of six power-play chances, as UND was penalized seven times for 14 minutes.

Jessie Vetter finished with 16 saves for Wisconsin. UND's Michelle Sauer had 30 stops.

Wisconsin improved to 19-6-2, while the Sioux dropped to 4-21-4.

The teams meet again at 2:07 p.m. today in Madison.

• 2 weeks later...
2-2 Tie Friday night and 2-1 loss this afternoon for the Sioux Women. They played pretty well Friday. St. Cloud got a goal that probably should have been called a kick, but was instead ruled a redirect off of a skate. Today wasn't as pretty as the girls only managed 9 shots on goal.

The one goal was defintely one to see. While falling, Melissa Jacques slapped the puck to Casie Hanson who was able to slap the puck in the goal while falling/being tripped. Reminded me of Wheeler's goal in the Final Five last year, just flipping the puck up by slapping it with the stick one handed.

No more home games this year, but hopefully they can go out and play well at Mankato in a couple weeks and maybe grab a win in the WCHA playoffs.

Here is a video clip of Casie's goal.... kinda reminds me of a combination between Wheeler and Trupp's goals

Casie Hanson's Goal

• 2 weeks later...

I guess that stereotyping thing is true: Myles Brand calls us "hostile and abusive" and well .... PRESTO!

And now it's spread into the womens program too.

That was just nasty.

But it's still Brand's fault. :D

PS - 140 PIM total.