SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Hockey

GeauxSioux

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're probably right. I just saw the games against weak teams where she skated most of the game with the puck on her stick. I just thought she could have passed more often in that type of situation. And I also based my opinion of her based on my sister, who played against her.....for someone who is very shy, apparently she liked to chirp (on the ice that is). So I guess my overall opinion of her isn't favorable..but it is just my opinion. Good Luck to her at BSU, I hope she represents Crox well. I also know the coach (Moe). I am impressed with what he's done for the program.....I bet the girls could beat the boys team!

Everyone likes to chirp when you are between the lines,boards,hardwood, you name it players will chirp! :D I would say that the girls could be the boys but thats comparing apples to oranges, girls hockey and guys hockey is 2 different games and its pretty hard to compare the two. I believe Warroad played the USA womens NATIONAL team and (played by womens rules too...I think) beat them a few years ago.

Home Series Vs. Minnesota State Mankato this weekend! 7PM Friday/2PM Saturday. Let's get out and cheer them to a win!

This is definately a series that the Sioux ladies should be very competitive in. MSU is in 6th place just ahead of the Sioux. If we want to move this program at least into the middle of the WCHA they need to be taking as many points as possible in series like this.

This is definately a series that the Sioux ladies should be very competitive in. MSU is in 6th place just ahead of the Sioux. If we want to move this program at least into the middle of the WCHA they need to be taking as many points as possible in series like this.

Won't be easy as this team swept Ohio and beat St. Cloud once. Hopefully home ice will give us the edge and the girls play tough for 60 minutes. Go Sioux!!

A result of a questionable call by Idalski. I thought there was a delayed penalty when I first saw it, but he pulled Britt because two of their players had broken/lost their sticks and we were on the powerplay. Unfortunately, just after he pulled her, they cleared the puck out, got new sticks/players out and scored.

That prick Macy was going ape next to me in the pentalty box to make things worse...

Badgers this weekend!!

Yeah, why do we always get the top teams after they have been swept the weekend before??? UMD gets swept by Minnesota,Miller puts it to them for a week and they come out gunning. Wisconsin gets swept by UMD and I am sure Johnson will have them going warp speed this weekend. Sioux need to match that intensity or it could be a long weekend!

I was impressed with the teams play today against the Badgers. 3-2 loss and shots 40-14 but we had 2 breakaways and the girls had a couple of tips in front of Vetter that came close. We scored 2 by crashing the net and banging home rebounds. I like the way the coaching staff have the girls playing as a team. I see a lot less mental errors on the ice this year and their transition game is much better. I know Brian would say a loss is a loss but this team is a work in progress and there definitely is improvement.

Good luck today ladies!!

UW - 4

UND- 0

Final.

Today's score doesn't show the effort the ladies gave as much as yesterday's 3-2 loss did. The difference in shots on goal looks to be the biggest concern that the team needs to work on. Both days you could see the difference in team speed start to show up about half way through the second halves. That is evident in the fact that UW scored 0 goals in the first periods, 4 in the second periods and 3 in the third periods of the weekend.

Although, I do have to say that the team is playing together so much better than past seasons and the defense has definately stepped up in front of some very good goaltending. Unfortunately the offense just isn't quite there yet.

Definately a tough weekend against the defending National Champs but the improvements are coming!

• 4 weeks later...