SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Hockey

GeauxSioux

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a very fun game to be at. The intensity was great through the third and only increased with overtime. There was a lot more physical play than in past games I've seen. We had a few good chances but our power play could still use some work. Great game for Kirkham once again!

This team is more physical than a Sioux team has ever been. The intensity was pretty good in the OT last night. They had a few chances at the end to score, it just didn't happen. Hopefully they can get the win later this afternoon.

It will be interesting to see how the ladies stack up against the likes of Wisconsin, Duluth and Minnesota.

Remember, this team is mostly made up of Sophomores and Freshmen.......

This team is more physical than a Sioux team has ever been. The intensity was pretty good in the OT last night. They had a few chances at the end to score, it just didn't happen. Hopefully they can get the win later this afternoon.

It will be interesting to see how the ladies stack up against the likes of Wisconsin, Duluth and Minnesota.

Remember, this team is mostly made up of Sophomores and Freshmen.......

Way to start the WCHA season ladies! The team is playing much more fundamentally sound hockey than I have seen in the past. Good luck this afternoon, let's take a couple of points from the Buckeyes!

I couldn't believe the score when I got back to my hotel room and checked the final. A tough loss to see after a great start to the game. But the team is obviously already an improved team. The ladies just need to learn from this one and they will start to pull more of these games out.

A tough challenge coming up next weekend as the ladies take on UMD at home.

The Sioux fell to Duluth yesterday afternoon 9-2. Kirkham was pulled partway through the 3rd period, and Grace Edgar was put in. Kirkham and the Sioux are awesome, but Duluth is just such a great team and they seemed to have all the lucky bounces in their favor.

If you get a chance, you should come out to the game this afternoon at 2pm and cheer on the girls at the Ralph!! I know they would really appreciate it, and the games are usually quite fun to be at! :D

I saw the womens team against st. cloud......I was really impressed!....they came from behind and tied the game on Sat.

they outplayed the huskies at the end of the third and the entire OT!

Way to go gals!.......plus a few of them stopped to chit chat with my 4 yr old (who was in awe of them)...

Thanks Ladies! :blush: