SiouxSports.com Forum

Stars' Head Coach Johnson Resigns

Warthog

Anyone know what Steve will be doing back in GF?

I heard (from a fairly reliable source) that he's coming back to head up marketing for THETRIOUXPER game-worn stuff. (Or was that gamey, worn, stuff?) :silly:

"I felt that the timing was right was right to accept an opportunity in our hometown that will allow me to spend more time with my family and still stay in hockey to a lesser extent," Johnson said.

My guess is that he is going to somehow be involved with REA.

My guess is that he is going to somehow be involved with REA.

First guess should be that he has accepted a promotional opportinity as head coach somewhere in the Grand Forks area. :silly:

After all that is the last job on his resume and what he is good at. Also this may explain Jason Gregoire's sudden change in plans for next season.

I've heard too many stories about arenas and hockey teams in Fargo to believe the words until I see the ice and players. I'm not saying I hope they fail; I'm saying I need to see the results and not just words before I'm believing it all. Call it healthy skepticism (after "Fargo Arena" I and II).

I've heard too many stories about arenas and hockey teams in Fargo to believe the words until I see the ice and players. I'm not saying I hope they fail; I'm saying I need to see the results and not just words before I'm believing it all. Call it healthy skepticism (after "Fargo Arena" I and II).

You mean to say you don't have a suite rented? ???

You mean to say you don't have a suite rented? ???

Just on a quick side note to this topic, but I looked on the website for the Fargo arena and see that it will cost $385 per seat for season tickets. Seems a little steep for a junior team, even for the number of games. I wonder how many tickets they've sold or reserved for next year.

Just on a quick side note to this topic, but I looked on the website for the Fargo arena and see that it will cost $385 per seat for season tickets. Seems a little steep for a junior team, even for the number of games. I wonder how many tickets they've sold or reserved for next year.

7 season packages sold so far...4 of them were to Coach Blais family/friends, 3 to Bison Football fans who got on the wrong website...