SiouxSports.com Forum

Welcome Jason Gregoire

spfreak

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another in a long, VERY long line of Winnipeg natives to play for UND.

We've been blessed with many - Toews and Goren off the top of my head, I'm sure others can name more - and it is cool their family can get to see them a lot.

GOT-cha line, anyone?

Tavis Zajac? and Darcy of course.

Did he just compare the size of Lincoln, NE to Denver, CO?

i think he committed because DU is an awesome school with an awesome campus(even though i hate du) and du is closer to lincoln than und is. i hope it does become clear to du fans among others(i.e. Donald) that hak and crew didnt do any crap recruiting. kids change their minds, even though i would be mad too. i also hope that gregoire doesnt get any slack from doing this. im sure he feels bad about it already.

EDIT: also...does anybody know how gregoire is pronounced?

EDIT: also...does anybody know how gregoire is pronounced?

Graves, rhymes with saves. :D Well, it worked last time... :p

Also, Eskimo, thanks for posting. It means alot to here from someone close to the family. I appreciated having it reaffirmed yet again that Hak and staff are fitst class all the way.

Welcome to UND and your new extended family Jason! :(

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a simple pronunciation. Unless it's different from a girl I went to high school with it's GREG-wahr.

And Donald is a UAA fan, not a DU fan. He doesn't really believe 95% of the stuff he said, he just likes to irritate people.

When you operate on appearances only, then it is much easier to jump to conclusions. So, yes, I expect Hakstol and Co. to recieve plenty of flak over this regardless of how this came about.

Of course they will in some places. It not like some were a little critical of Coach Lucia in the Dorr situation.

"...theft of one of his verbal commitments by a low life scumbag..."

Of course nobody is going to feel bad for DU like you guys did for Sandy, so really the only people that will harbor any resentment will be the dozen or so DU posters and Donald. :D

And Donald is a UAA fan, not a DU fan. He doesn't really believe 95% of the stuff he said, he just likes to irritate people.

Dirty is right and you can read donalds writings smile and laugh and think of it as entertainment and when you don't like what he has to say you can view it like a tv show and turn it off.

I think his post makes for good theather myself. For what ever reason there are a few UND haters out there.

Kind of like the HABS when they were winning everyone hated them.

As someone close to the family I can tell you that Jason is thrilled to be part of the UND Fighting Sioux family.

At no time did anyone ever contact Jason or his family after he verbally committed to Denver in an effort to persuade him to change his mind. The UND staff were nothing but professional and ethical in their handling of this difficult situation. It's also important to know that Denver treated Jason exceptionaly well and Jason wishes them the best in the future.

Whether he could play in 2007 or 2008 never had any impact on his decision to change his mind. Jason simply had some time to reconsider what was important to him, which is family. He realized that he wanted to play closer to home and that UND could offer him everything he ever really wanted and needed to ro reach his ultimate goals. He didn't take this lightly but he ultimately had to be true to himself. UND is where he wants to be.

For these reasons, UND should be looking at the top 10 Manitoba boys in every age bracket starting with this year's 93's and have a plan for monitoring and eventually recruiting them. UND is as close if not closer than any other option for a kid in southern Manitoba. In addition, the province in general is poorly served by the CHL (WHL Junior league in Canada), i.e., UND has the advantage in this part of Canada which is quite unique. The first thing they have to do is raise their profile a little more and make sure that the parents know what their kids can and cannot do in order to keep their eligibility.

I could just imagine how powerful UND would have been over the years if they had had guys like Cam Barker, Dustin Boyd, Erik Hunter from the 86's, Codi Burki and Darren Helms from the 87's, Toews and Ian White with the 88's, Gregoire and Colin Wilson with the 89's etc. Yes they would only be two year players but so what. They would be outstanding recruits.

Graves, rhymes with saves. :silly: Well, it worked last time... ;)

Also, Eskimo, thanks for posting. It means alot to here from someone close to the family. I appreciated having it reaffirmed yet again that Hak and staff are fitst class all the way.

Welcome to UND and your new extended family Jason! :silly:

It might be Greg-Wire

For these reasons, UND should be looking at the top 10 Manitoba boys in every age bracket starting with this year's 93's and have a plan for monitoring and eventually recruiting them. UND is as close if not closer than any other option for a kid in southern Manitoba.

I think it is a no brainer for UND to recruit in Manitoba its close and the people in Manitoba know UND equals national power in hockey. I also love it when I see goldies stupid sign that says UND Manitobas

pride on ice. Yep, I don't care where they come from and 7>5... :silly:

Of course they will in some places. It not like some were a little critical of Coach Lucia in the Dorr situation.

"...theft of one of his verbal commitments by a low life scumbag..."

Of course nobody is going to feel bad for DU like you guys did for Sandy, so really the only people that will harbor any resentment will be the dozen or so DU posters and Donald. :silly:

Yeah, the Dorr situation really got ugly on Chris Dilks' blog (comment section. Chris himself had nothing to say other than what was available through normal channels).

I was under the impression that Dorr wanted UMN all along but the opportunity didn't present itself as early as Dorr would have liked so he took the first offer that would have been the "second best" choice in tUMD.

I'd like to say that Dorr was using UMD to his advantage but I'm not sure that could truly be the case without painting every situation like that with the same brush. If I did, then what's to say Gregoire didn't pull the same thing on DU? Like or hate DU and benefit or not by these events, it would not make me feel good to have this kind of game going on.

I'd like to say that Dorr was using UMD to his advantage but I'm not sure that could truly be the case without painting every situation like that with the same brush. If I did, then what's to say Gregoire didn't pull the same thing on DU? Like or hate DU and benefit or not by these events, it would not make me feel good to have this kind of game going on.

I would say this is different because Gregoire always had the opportunity to go to UND.

Also, UND getting kids from Winnipeg is alot closer to home than Minnesota getting kids from the Iron Range.

I would say this is different because Gregoire always had the opportunity to go to UND.

Also, UND getting kids from Winnipeg is alot closer to home than Minnesota getting kids from the Iron Range.

I always thought that the Iron Range was in Minnesota. I must be mistaken. :silly:

I think it is a no brainer for UND to recruit in Manitoba its close and the people in Manitoba know UND equals national power in hockey. I also love it when I see goldies stupid sign that says UND Manitobas

pride on ice. Yep, I don't care where they come from and 7>5... :silly:

Agreed. All the other sports at Minnesota, they recruit around the country. But that's okay according to them and basically they are saying that Manitoba has better players than Minnesota.

If there was one player I wish would change their mind, it's Colin Wilson, son of former NHL player Cary Wilson. I know they used to live in Winnipeg, but I think he was out east, which gave Boston University an edge. At one point I thought I read that he was possibly a top 5 North American player in his age group. I was told by a salesman that played city hockey with Cary that he would go to UND. Turns out it didn't work out that way, which is why if it isn't coming straight from a family source, I am skeptical about second-hand information.