SiouxSports.com Forum

Welcome Jason Gregoire

spfreak

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was one player I wish would change their mind, it's Colin Wilson, son of former NHL player Cary Wilson. I know they used to live in Winnipeg, but I think he was out east, which gave Boston University an edge. At one point I thought I read that he was possibly a top 5 North American player in his age group. I was told by a salesman that played city hockey with Cary that he would go to UND. Turns out it didn't work out that way, which is why if it isn't coming straight from a family source, I am skeptical about second-hand information.

The Wilson's still live in Winnipeg. Colin is in Ann Arbor Michigan with the USDP and has been for the last 2 years. Jason said he missed his family and that is why he wanted to come to UND, i.e., to be a little closer to home. Colin has been away for 2 years and I haven't heard similar sentiments so I'm guessing he's ok with being away. It would be cool to have Colin join his former teammate but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Your right, Colin has/is rated in the top 10 for the 2008 draft. I still think Gregoire is his equal however.

The Wilson's still live in Winnipeg. Colin is in Ann Arbor Michigan with the USDP and has been for the last 2 years. Jason said he missed his family and that is why he wanted to come to UND, i.e., to be a little closer to home. Colin has been away for 2 years and I haven't heard similar sentiments so I'm guessing he's ok with being away. It would be cool to have Colin join his former teammate but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Your right, Colin has/is rated in the top 10 for the 2008 draft. I still think Gregoire is his equal however.

Wouldn't want too many recruits to change their mind anyway, because the perception might become negative, even if it isn't warranted. Good to hear that Gregoire is in the same league as highly rated players.

Gregoire will be a very good player, and I am very happy to have him, but I don't think he is Colin's equal.

Gregoire will be a very good player, and I am very happy to have him, but I don't think he is Colin's equal.

Playing for Hak and company, after a couple years he will be better than a player at BU (apologies to Mr. Parker :silly: )

I'm not going to argue with you too much, but don't be surprised if Gregoire has similar stats to Wilson when everything is all said and done.

The Wilson men have historically taken a little longer to develop than others. They usually don't get bigger and stronger until their late teens. I also haven't seen Wilson live for a few years now but Gregoire was always the better of the two growing up.