SiouxSports.com Forum

SiouxSports.com logo

jimdahl

siouxsportsmy4.jpg

I had problems getting a thin black line to look decent but I like the black letters with a white line.

Wow!! This one I like. The yellow in the feathers is distracting though, as it doesn't seem to mesh with the rest of the color scheme.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!! This one I like. The yellow in the feathers is distracting though, as it doesn't seem to mesh with the rest of the color scheme.

This logo looks great! I was wondering what it would look like with a tomahawk instead of a spear. (The spear kind of makes me think of Florida State football)

I love the layout and the feathers are a great addition though.

This logo looks great! I was wondering what it would look like with a tomahawk instead of a spear. (The spear kind of makes me think of Florida State football)

I love the layout and the feathers are a great addition though.

I think it should be an arrow by adding the shaft feathers on the left hand side.

Just doodling...maybe someone can expand on some of these ideas...I'll probably think of a few other things before I'm done. :silly:

Thanks for coming up with the ideas. I do much better on the expanding part ??? . In that vein, which font did you use for the spear logo? I like that one and am not sure I have it on my computer.

Thanks,

J

Thanks for coming up with the ideas. I do much better on the expanding part ??? . In that vein, which font did you use for the spear logo? I like that one and am not sure I have it on my computer.

Thanks,

J

It's IMPACT. I make all my logos on MS Paint (believe it or not). Impact is on most computers, as far as I know, and when I Paint it's one of the fonts that works best when doing outlining. If you are looking for a new font, 1001fonts.com is a good place. I did take the arrow from Florida State tho. I like the Sioux arrows a lot, however.

It's IMPACT. I make all my logos on MS Paint (believe it or not). Impact is on most computers, as far as I know, and when I Paint it's one of the fonts that works best when doing outlining. If you are looking for a new font, 1001fonts.com is a good place. I did take the arrow from Florida State tho. I like the Sioux arrows a lot, however.

If you can make something that nice with crappy arse MS Paint, why don't you use The Gimp or another free program so that you can make some really good stuff? :silly:

Nice job. I like it.

I personally like the white letters more...also maybe a little less embossing. Also, if you could stretch out the ".com" and shorten it's heigh a bit, italicize it, and use a font sans serif, then I think it would look better.

This doesn't have any thing to do about what it looks like. But I don't know if its me or everyone. When your in a thread and press the header it takes it to the forums home instead of the homepage. Am I the only one that doesn't like that. It's not that big of a deal.I'm probably the only one ever to notice haha...

This doesn't have any thing to do about what it looks like. But I don't know if its me or everyone. When your in a thread and press the header it takes it to the forums home instead of the homepage. Am I the only one that doesn't like that. It's not that big of a deal.I'm probably the only one ever to notice haha...

I noticed that too... solved the problem by just keeping my favorites open so I can just click on SS.com again so it goes to the front page :silly:

Or you can click on the SiouxSports.com right under Hockey Home and the header.

Thanks for the feedback on that. It's something that *should* change if I pull off the desired redesign this summer. I hope to drop a very consistent theme, including navigation, across the entire site.

That's a big part of the reason for the new logo design. In addition to the front page(s) being even more useful; the same logo should appear throughout the site, and take you to the same place if clicked from anywhere.

I personally like the white letters more...also maybe a little less embossing. Also, if you could stretch out the ".com" and shorten it's heigh a bit, italicize it, and use a font sans serif, then I think it would look better.

This and its various permutations are far too FSUesque IMHO.

err...sorry, i didn't read your four guidelines before i posted. My logos are longer than taller and some have the feather taken from the athletics logo. Anyone is free to modify the ideas there, though. I'm more handy drawing them than creative. I do like the arrow head because of its simplicity (one of the criteria). Maybe we could position it vertically pointing down and put word 'sioux' on top of 'sports', it would make it more square and the arrow head could then be larger.