SiouxSports.com Forum

SiouxSports.com logo

jimdahl

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the arrow and I think Florida State.

Well, you could think a couple different teams with it, but it's not like it's an official UND logo, which is why I don't see too big of a deal using it. It's also why I tried incorporating it into some sort of logo, not by its lonesome.

I would discourage people from using SS in their designs. There was another group that went by that abbreviation that wasn't so nice.

I know where you are coming from, but, that is nothing like how I presented it in my designs. There is a very distinct way to portray "SS" when talking about the schutzstaffel, and I made sure not to emulate that at all. If anyone thinks the way I did the SS in the logos thinks of the schutzstaffel, they are going out of their way to do so.

I know where you are coming from, but, that is nothing like how I presented it in my designs. There is a very distinct way to portray "SS" when talking about the schutzstaffel, and I made sure not to emulate that at all. If anyone thinks the way I did the SS in the logos thinks of the schutzstaffel, they are going out of their way to do so.

I posted the same thing about the use of SS in a logo in an earlier post BEFORE you posted your designs, #18. The use of SS in any way will bring out the idiots.

Not to take anything away from your designs, which are very well done, I would just as soon avoid the use of the SS in a logo.

I posted the same thing about the use of SS in a logo in an earlier post BEFORE you posted your designs, #18. The use of SS in any way will bring out the idiots.

Not to take anything away from your designs, which are very well done, I would just as soon avoid the use of the SS in a logo.

Does that mean you are an idiot? :( (It's a joke :D )

How about using a Dreamcatcher. You can incorporate the colors throughout the weave of the dream catcher, plus you still get your feathers.

If I get time in the next couple of days, I'll see what I can come up with, if anything, for a reference.

I'm no artist but here is a logo idea.

How about a dream catcher that has a hockey puck in it.

The hockey puck could say Sioux Sports.

Maybe with a caption below that says "catch the latest scores" or something like that.

Could also be cool if the website could open with an animated hockey player shooting a puck into the net of the dreamcatcher.

Nice Work! I really like this one with a little depth added. siouxsports_CONVmy.jpg

I like this one a lot. You could add .com to the end so that it's small, but you can still read it. Maybe even inside the feather. That logo really stood out from the rest when I looked at them all.

I like this one a lot. You could add .com to the end so that it's small, but you can still read it. Maybe even inside the feather. That logo really stood out from the rest when I looked at them all.

Adding '.com' is a good idea but I would add it to the end of the 'SIOUX' in small letters. What about changing the feathers to mimic the feathers our logo has, including the colors? Would just using the feathers infringe on the copyright?

A graduating (Navajo) high school senior (tomorrow) is working on a logo for me. Because of finals and graduation, it will take her a little while to get it done. She's an amazing artist and is really excited about coming up with a good 'SIOUXSPORTS.com' logo. Hopefully, she will also know how to post it as I have no idea how to do it. :silly:

A graduating (Navajo) high school senior (tomorrow) is working on a logo for me. Because of finals and graduation, it will take her a little while to get it done. She's an amazing artist and is really excited about coming up with a good 'SIOUXSPORTS.com' logo. Hopefully, she will also know how to post it as I have no idea how to do it. :silly:

She's a high school senior. Of course she knows how to. :silly:

siouxsportsmy3.jpg

I really like this logo. Especially if the feathers can be made to blend in a bit more.

She's a high school senior. Of course she knows how to. :silly:

siouxsportsmy3.jpg

I really like this logo. Especially if the feathers can be made to blend in a bit more.

:silly:

I like this logo as well but do see Dirty's point about the feathers. If there was a thin black line tracing the inside the letters on the white part or somewhere in the lettering, would that help? I really like the feathers as they are. Since the name is 'SiouxSports.com', trying adding '.com' in a smaller font after 'Sports' to see how that looks.

I really like this logo. Especially if the feathers can be made to blend in a bit more. :silly:

siouxsportsmy4.jpg

I had problems getting a thin black line to look decent but I like the black letters with a white line.siouxsportsmy5copy.jpg

I would be interested in knowing if admin likes any of the ideas posted so far or if they have more tips on which direction they want the logo to take. I think the dreamcatcher idea is a good one, but wouldn't know how to implement it myself.

A few comments:

* Thanks for all the thought people are putting into this, I knew we had a creative crowd here

* In the final logo, we won't want to use any portion of any existing (including former) Sioux or UND logo. However, that doesn't mean you can't grab some feathers from another logo as part of a "mockup".

* No need to get the details perfect. I remain quite likely to engage a professional to make the final version of the logo for a variety of reasons (the primary being related to image formats).

I'll bite. I can't do this high tech art, but hopefully I can communicate my idea well enough.

What I'm thinking of is silouhette of an Indian head, with SiouxSports.com implanted into the empty space, surrounded by the headress, etc.

Take the feathers from this:

chief2gal.jpg

Turn the image straight on instead of profile, and blank out the face. Then you would have the following perspective without the facial features. Use simple feather illustrations from the first image to keep things simple.

indian-chief.jpg

Capiche?

siouxsportsmy4.jpg

I had problems getting a thin black line to look decent but I like the black letters with a white line.siouxsportsmy5copy.jpg

I would be interested in knowing if admin likes any of the ideas posted so far or if they have more tips on which direction they want the logo to take. I think the dreamcatcher idea is a good one, but wouldn't know how to implement it myself.

I like this with the black letters. How about making the arrow a bit longer on the right side, so the feathers don't cover up quite as much.