SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews with Canada

siouxhockey5

Anyone else notice the two other former Sioux mentioned in this article: James Patrick and Gord Sherven? Team Canada has only done this two other times which means three of the only five players in Team Canada history to be pulled up like Toews were Fighting Sioux! Says a lot about the caliber of players we have had over the years.

Buncha 25 year old Canadians... :silly:

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toews with another assist.... Eric Brewer (Toews, Phaneuf).... Canada leads 3-1 just over halfway through the second

I am surprised on how complete a game Canada is generating today as I was a little nervous after their first two against weaker opponents. The addition of Phaneuf to the blueline seems to have been a big factor. Toews is moving the puck like a Pro so unfortunately Chicago fans must be drooling. :silly:

Now 4-2 Canada

As an aside, apparently after only two seasons, Cogliano has left Michigan to sign with Edmonton.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=206355&hubname=

Toews with his third assist today on Nash's go ahead power play goal... Canada up 5-4 halfway through the third

Canada wins 5-4, Toews ends up with 3 assists

I was hoping they would give him player of the game but it went to his linemate Nash. Oh well, still an outstanding game from the 19 year old. At least TSN recognized his great play on the third goal. He must enjoy wearing the black alternate jerseys.

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_sto...66&hubname=

I was hoping they would give him player of the game but it went to his linemate Nash. Oh well, still an outstanding game from the 19 year old. At least TSN recognized his great play on the third goal. He must enjoy wearing the black alternate jerseys.

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_sto...66&hubname=

Thanks for the link.

ALSO, its well worth watching the video highlights of the CAN-SVK game. Near the end, his teammates are raving about Toews' play.

Teenager Toews helps set Canada up for 5-4 victory over Slovakia

The Winnipeg native made headlines earlier in the year when he scored three times in a semifinal shootout win over the U.S. that helped Canada earn a third consecutive gold medal at the world junior championship.

It was a second for Toews and he can go for a third next winter if he decides to stay in college rather than sign with Chicago Blackhawks.

Try subliminal messages. :silly:

More like realistic. No way would CHicago release Toews if they sign him. He'll be too busy in the NHL.

Hey, I know this isn't a good "return on the investment" but... Elias is a playoff bust for the Devils and they're so tight against the salary cap.... How about Lamoriello working some magic and sending Elias and a 2nd round pick to the Hawks for the rights to Toews and a 1st round pick? :D

More like realistic. No way would CHicago release Toews if they sign him. He'll be too busy in the NHL.

Hey, I know this isn't a good "return on the investment" but... Elias is a playoff bust for the Devils and they're so tight against the salary cap.... How about Lamoriello working some magic and sending Elias and a 2nd round pick to the Hawks for the rights to Toews and a 1st round pick? :D

Elias is getting old and is past his prime. Sounds like he would fit in perfect with the Dallas Stars. :silly:

Canada tops Slovakia at hockey worlds

Can we only hope that Toews still plays at the University of North Dakota. With all of the experience that he is getting at the World's, he is only getting better. :silly:

The Winnipeg native made headlines earlier in the year when he scored three times in a semifinal shootout win over the U.S. that helped Canada earn a third consecutive gold medal at the world junior championship.

It was a second for Toews and he can go for a third next winter if he decides to stay in college rather than sign with Chicago Blackhawks.

Go for three, Jonathan

It would seem that the Gophers and Russians really do have alot in common. Check out the World Championship schedule link and scroll down to the end of the page. For the playoff rounds it would appear that the Russians are always guaranteed to play in their chosen time slot regardless of how they finish in the standings. :silly:

http://www.iihf.com/Hydra/Tournaments_07/o.../113/index.html

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto.../TPStory/Sports

UND Sophomore rave reviews.

"He's unbelievable how he's taken in the pressure," said forward Rick Nash, who had the winning goal against the Slovaks. "He's pretty much the quarterback on the power play. His vision and his puck skills are pretty unbelievable. ... I'm definitely impressed."

"Toews's best play yesterday set up defenceman Eric Brewer for a goal in the second period that made the score 3-1 for Canada. The teenager held on to the puck before sending it between four Slovak defenders and right onto Brewer's stick. It certainly had his teammates talking."

"He was awesome," Doan said. "He's somebody that can do so much offensively and he's capable of doing more."

Tied for team lead in points in world tournament.

He is apparently ready for next level of play but teammates say he is still learning the game. It's a no brainer that he also wants to lead team Canada for a third Juniors championship. Sounds like he may return to college if he wants to improve his skills and play in the world juniors.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto.../TPStory/Sports

He is apparently ready for next level of play but teammates say he is still learning the game. It's a no brainer that he also wants to lead team Canada for a third Juniors championship. Sounds like he may return to college if he wants to improve his skills and play in the world juniors.

I just don't believe it, I think he is still gone after he gets back to North America.

I just don't believe it, I think he is still gone after he gets back to North America.

nobody said he was staying, hes obviously ready for the show, no doubt about it. who knows. i says hes good as gone but would love to be wrong, i was happy that he came back for this last season

nobody said he was staying, hes obviously ready for the show, no doubt about it. who knows. i says hes good as gone but would love to be wrong, i was happy that he came back for this last season

I could see Chicago letting him go to the World Juniors if they got him to sign. I think that Chicago is desperate for players. They are still going to suck this year wether JT plays for not.

I could see Chicago letting him go to the World Juniors if they got him to sign. I think that Chicago is desperate for players. They are still going to suck this year wether JT plays for not.

i dont see a way in hell they let their top prospect go play in a juniors tourney after the investment they will be putting into him, the next international games toews will be in that during a nhl season will be the olympics when hes setting up sid the kid :silly: