SiouxSports.com Forum

Get Creative!

soSIOUXme

If we can figure something out for this weekend we can use this board and word of mouth to spread the new chants.

There is plenty of time before the Mich.Tech series to really get organized and get articles published in the Herald and Dakota Student informing more students and fogies about the new chants.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a good one for introductions could be divided up with the student section and eventually the rest of the arena once they catch on.

Half of the section or group chants, WHO'S HE?

The other half replys, WHO CARES?

It would be neat if it came from two different areas, but it would also work if a you and a person next to you tried to out-yell each other.

This would probably need to be started with fliers or just a big group and would probably catch on fast.

I thought I had a good idea but it was predicated on the goalie being introduced last.

I like this idea a lot. I would definitely do this.

Sing-song chant ideas, al la Wisconsin's "1-2-3-4, we want more":

"First goal, first goal,

puts you in a deep hole"

"It's 2-1 and we're not done"

"1-2-3

how simple can it be?"

"We've got four

Show [opposing goalie's name] the door"

Whatever is shouted after the opposing player intro, has to be short and punchy because Hennen barrels right through their lineup.

"Sieve" after the goalie's name, great. How about "Sieve Helper" after the D-men, make it sound like an analog to "Hamburger Helper". For the wingers, a derisive "Mighty Wingman," sung like the line in the beer commercial.

How about ...

Scott Hennen on PA: Starting at defense for Inept State, #12, Joe Blow.

REA Crowd: Non-factor!

or, better yet ...

Scott Hennen on PA: Starting in goal for Inept State, #1, John Doe.

REA Crowd: Empty net! (while pointing at the goalie)

Scott Hennen on PA: Starting at defense for Inept State, #12, Joe Blow.

REA Crowd: Just another pylon!

If you've ever skated hockey drills, you get that last one. :)

Yeah, I like the pylon!

Put them together you get:

For the goalie: We're Sorry!

For the D-Men: One More Pylon.....

For the Rest: Who's he? Who Cares!

I was there in '01 when it was tried, but I say these cheers are better than the attempts then, and hopefully (in my mind) will make for a fun weekend on national tv! :)

beersong has a point (OMG, what am I saying?!). The question is whether the students want some chants or catcalls that are uniquely their own or do they want the fogies to join in? I think they can have both. Keeping it simple and recognizable is more effective for us fogies. Making it unique and edgy without stepping over the line probably works better for the students.

beersong has a point (OMG, what am I saying?!). The question is whether the students want some chants or catcalls that are uniquely their own or do they want the fogies to join in? I think they can have both. Keeping it simple and recognizable is more effective for us fogies. Making it unique and edgy without stepping over the line probably works better for the students.

Just speaking from experience. :)

What Wisconsin fans do is make up cheers to the tunes of other songs which is clever such as...

(to the tune of dear liza, theres a hole in my bucket, my bucket)

Colorado has a sieve for a goalie, a goalie, a goalie

Colorado has a sieve for a goalie, a goalie in net.

All it takes is for a section to learn this and it should catch.

BTW I made this up but take a concept and find a catchy tune and let it be heard.

What Wisconsin fans do is make up cheers to the tunes of other songs which is clever such as...

(to the tune of dear liza, theres a hole in my bucket, my bucket)

Colorado has a sieve for a goalie, a goalie, a goalie

Colorado has a sieve for a goalie, a goalie in net.

All it takes is for a section to learn this and it should catch.

BTW I made this up but take a concept and find a catchy tune and let it be heard.

For that tune, I'd say:

There's a SIEVE (arm motion towards the goalie in question) in the goal crease the goal crease the goal crease

There's a SIEVE (arm motion towards the goalie in question) in the goal crease the goal crease A SIEVE! SIEVE SIEVE SIEVE!

:)

Am I the only person who's never heard of this song, "Dear Liza, There's a Hole in My Bucket"? What is that, a kiddie song like "Froggy Went A-courtin'"?

You guys have never heard that song? Did you miss gradeschool music?:)

Did you miss the memo?

Were you sick that day?

John Jacob Jingle Hiemer (sp) Schmidt is always a favorite!

YaneA, I believe you said that Hennon goes to fast through the visitors. If these new cheers are to happen and the students meet with the REA, it might be something to bring up. Waiting an extra 10 seconds to the 15 minute intro process won't hurt anyone.

For this weekend I I like the idea of just chanting "Let's go Sioux!" during the opposing team's line-up.

It's easy to get going among the entire crowd because it has been done during other games...it seems like the best option for this weekend.

What does everyone else think?

PS. I love the Hole in the Bucket song, by dad taught it to me on a long car drive to keep me busy, unfortunetly it drove him nuts after a half hour of continuous singing! :D